Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:03   #706
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this has to be taken seriously & escalate it to higher level-HO.
This is were the TATA spoils the sport of FIAT. Guess Rajeev kapoor had to gear up to train their employees.
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:35   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir,

As agreed by us we brought your vehicle today morning and rectified the painting issue, apart from that you have asked us to replace the front left side fog lamp and fog lamp bezel, since the part not available in our stock and same is expected on 26/11/09, we will send our person to your place and replace the part on 27/11/09.

Rgds
Sai Raj.N
Service Manager - Ambattur
Concorde Motors India Ltd
Ph: 65511070/71
They dont even have the fog lamps and its outer cover now.

Sad story!!!

What else can i tell.

If anyone of you consider buying a fiat car please think twice. The spares problem are cropping up !!!

It is safe than to be sorry!!!!

I have got this letter as i didnt want to take chances this time as last time it took 4 weeks for them to get my spare wheel alloys!!

Last edited by geeash : 23rd November 2009 at 18:36.
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:51   #708
BHPian

Get immediate response

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
They dont even have the fog lamps and its outer cover now.

Sad story!!!

What else can i tell.

If anyone of you consider buying a fiat car please think twice. The spares problem are cropping up !!!

It is safe than to be sorry!!!!

I have got this letter as i didnt want to take chances this time as last time it took 4 weeks for them to get my spare wheel alloys!!
Hi Geeash
You should send this letter to Mr. Rajeev Kapoor and see if there is no response. Else I also think you should bring this to the people attention on the letters to the editor section of The Hindu. What do you say to that?
I think if we fail to evoke a response to that, then there is no hope. You should probably try either VST or TAFE then.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:26   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Guess Rajeev kapoor had to gear up to train their employees.
Rajeev Kapoor can train his (Fiat) employees, but who will train Tata employees?

Spineless Fiat India, instead of building their own Service centers, they conveniently piggy-backed on Tata!
And now the customers have to suffer!

Geeash, can you also forward your thread link (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-variants.html) to Mr.Rajeev Kapoor!

Last edited by finneyp : 23rd November 2009 at 19:27.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:29   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Geeash, can you also forward your thread link (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-variants.html (Does Fiat need to buck up before they launch other variants??)) to Mr.Rajeev Kapoor!
i have not done it as yet. but i am thinking of sending the link to him to see the response the team-bhpians have made. But one thing is definite. Tata employees can never be trained. as rightly said by you

i have got my car back. though the finish of the paintjob is good. it is still sans the fog lamp and console in left. they havent even waterwashed the car!!!. they have made the mats dirty too!!

they havent even returned me the broken fog lamp which i gave them. probably they are doing some research on how it broke!!!

there is some serious problem going on regarding the availability of spares which they are hiding. thats for sure.

probably i must forward the letter sent to me by sairaj to rajeev kapoor too and ask him a explanation as rhenius said.

Cant fiat be once bitten twice shy???

Last edited by geeash : 23rd November 2009 at 22:30.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:32   #711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Rajeev Kapoor can train his (Fiat) employees, but who will train Tata employees?

Spineless Fiat India, instead of building their own Service centers, they conveniently piggy-backed on Tata!
Lets not even go there. Both Tata and Fiat cars are now using almost the same mechanicals.

I think Tata is what is keeping Fiat alive in India. Lets not forget that piggy back is what saved Fiat.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:34   #712
BHPian

Quote:
they havent even returned me the broken fog lamp which i gave them. probably they are doing some research on how it broke!!!
Ashwin, i was once told by the SA that they would send the damaged/broken part to FIAT Spares division to claim the same part under warranty. This is also to ensure that the same/similar part is despatched in return.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:18   #713
Senior - BHPian

But this is not under warranty bnz!!. i am paying for it.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:33   #714
BHPian

Maybe, TASS is claimimg this under warranty and charging you !!!!
Possible !

I remember they collecting my Wiper fluid tank to be sent across to FIAT spares division to claim under warranty. Infact, i tld them to handover the same to me which they refused and told me this as a reason.
Old 24th November 2009, 10:53   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Both Tata and Fiat cars are now using almost the same mechanicals.
Not true, only couple of Tata cars use Fiat Multijet & Fire engines.
Thats about it, nothing more!
Quote:
I think Tata is what is keeping Fiat alive in India. Lets not forget that piggy back is what saved Fiat.
Not sure of that, if Fiat had built & improvised their own Dealerships & Service centers, there was no need to piggy-back Tata!
However, they took the short-cut by allying with Tata, whose service standards in nothing great to write home about!
Old 24th November 2009, 11:08   #716
BHPian

Quote:

Geeash, can you also forward your thread link (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-variants.html) to Mr.Rajeev Kapoor!
I dont know why TATAs are blamed here. Anything good is fiat and bad is tata. Come on, man, You know the great job they did when they had their own centers. If they dont want to credit parts to TASS, what TASS can do ? Commitment does not come with launching new products. It comes with backing the old one first. Let them learn supply chain managment first.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:13   #717
BHPian

Quote:
i have written a elaborate mail to rajeev kapoor and other bigwigs about this yesterday night. i am waiting for the reply now. i am also contemplating to take up the case to consumer protection forum now as i cannot put up with this shoddy business any more!!!
Quote:
Yes that is what i have asked. Rajeev kapoor has taken immense intrest in my case and has mailed me. concorde has called up and have accepted that it is their fault.
Dear Dr. Ashwin, Its sad incidence indeed. Probably we do not face this as we have one of the best dealer-service facility here in Ahmedabad. A dealer has to deposit the total amount against the spare parts and it is evident from your case that Concorde is unable to keep the stock of spare parts as they have adopted the policy of 'on demand' ordering of spares.
Can you PM me the email id of Mr. Rajeev Kapoor? as I have not heard from Mangesh since long about Blue&Me digit recognition problem.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:22   #718

Hi,

I am new to team BHP, the first time I visited this site was to check the reviews and comments on Linea. I feel I should share my experience with my New Emotion Pack Petrol version (medium Grey) and seek advise from other team BHPians on this.
I drove the car from Blre to kerals the next day of taking delivery and I had a break down on Coimbatore Bye Pass. Me, my wife & my son were stranded on the highway for more than an hour. The clutch pedal got stck and I was unable to shift the gear from neutral position.
I should mention that the TAFE guys attended it promptly though it was Diwali holiday. I was shocked when they asked me to leave the vehicle there and catch a train to kerala. I am told that there is a problem with clutch oil cylinder and the spare would be available only when the shop re-opens. Well, they could manage to get a spare from an accident Linea available at their workshop, and I could continue my driving on the same day. But it was shocking to see that a brand new vehicle come out of factory after strict QC checks can have a breakdown on the first day itself..!! What I experienced is a "guaranteed sympathy" from the bye passers and not "admiration" as I dreamt when I booked the car.
This is my third car, and this is the first time I am stranded on the road while on long drive.
Then I noticed other issues with my car - I observed that there is a warning light coming on the speedometer dial every time after washing the car - I even thought it may be an
indication for me that car is just washed..!!! But I realised it is for the LHS turn light as per the message appeared. The light goes off after probably half an hour drive and the indicators are working fine. I explained this to your service person when I visited your Hosur Road service station for getting the vehicle inspected again. He told me that it
may be due to water entry at some point causing some short circuit, and while delivering the vehicle after checking he said that the problem is rectified. But not to my surprise - the problem continue..!! Every morning I see the same warning light glowing and the message till I reach my office. I am scared that this may continue till the fuse or lights of the indicator blows off..!!
I am seeing rusted discs on the front wheel, uncured seam sealer at the boot door, areas surrounding the mirrors not finished properly (buff marks), rust coming out near the rear windshield - there are many finishing related problems which a common man may not notice. But the rusted disc on the front wheel is worrying me. I wrote to concorde motors, and they said they will escalate it to Fiat and come back to me. No response even after 20 days.
Could any body advise me how I can escalate this to the concerned in FIAT?

Vijipillai
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-uncured-seam-sealer.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-improper-finish.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-rust-near-rear-windshield.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 24th November 2009, 11:24   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
I dont know why TATAs are blamed here.
Because the customer (Geeash) is facing issues at the Tata service center servicing Fiat cars!
Quote:
Anything good is fiat and bad is tata.
Yes, car from Fiat is good, but service from Tata is bad!
Quote:
Come on, man, You know the great job they did when they had their own centers.
Yes, I bought my Palio in 2004 when Fiat had their own Service centers, and they did a good job (much better than Tata-Fiat SC now).
But, they were present only in major cities & not as widespread as Maruti/Tata.
Fiat could have just expanded & improvised their Service centers, but.....
Quote:
If they dont want to credit parts to TASS, what TASS can do ?
I am not sure of the market practice, but why can't the dealer buy & stock the fast moving spares atleast?
Old 24th November 2009, 12:16   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Because the customer (Geeash) is facing issues at the Tata service center servicing Fiat cars!
But Fiat put the customer in that spot!

Quote:
Yes, car from Fiat is good, but service from Tata is bad!
Just the post above yours states how good is the car. When Fiat can't trust/back themselves to provide good service for their so-called-good cars, why bother at all.

Quote:
Yes, I bought my Palio in 2004 when Fiat had their own Service centers, and they did a good job (much better than Tata-Fiat SC now).
Probably true in your case. But there are so many cases in this forum stating want of spares and waiting for months to get them. Some are not even sure if they would get the spares!

Quote:
But, they were present only in major cities & not as widespread as Maruti/Tata.
Fiat could have just expanded & improvised their Service centers, but.....
Right, they chose the easiest, non committal path. And now blame TATA for poor plastics, poor availability of spares et cetra. Obviously, CEO has better things to do than tracking down a replacement for a broken fog lamp. It seems like a whole lot of things are wrong here. Why should every issue be escalated to the CEO? I will continue to recommend my friends and relatives to stay away from Fiat products until these things are rectified. I guess enough people have given the second chance all these months and they ought to have been served better.

Quote:
I am not sure of the market practice, but why can't the dealer buy & stock the fast moving spares atleast?
We can go on with this debate, but who is suffering in the end? The end customer. Should he really care if the service center is incapable of buying enough stock or if the company is unable to supply them in sufficient quantities? All that he cares for is good and prompt service and if it isn't available for this product, why wouldn't he/she move to a better one? This company doesn't seem to be very serious in keeping their customers happy, inspite of having seemingly better products.

Most Viewed