Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 16:56   #796
Senior - BHPian

And now i am looking for another car for the family already. i guess linea luck is riding on me

Old 2nd January 2010, 21:04   #797
BHPian

Congrats

Congrats, Its a fine taste you got there. Welcome to the club. My Minimal grey Emotion Pk getting delivered on Jan 6th. Happy motoring.
Old 4th January 2010, 09:16   #798
Senior - BHPian

back from yercaud

Had a sudden trip to yercaud.

started on friday afternoon and came back on sunday night

Just before starting i had a check of tyre pressure and i found it to be 24 psi on all tyres . i was shocked as i have filled nitrogen to 30 psi only a month ago. And i thought that was why my car was scrapping all the speed breakers . (Need to be investigated)

So as per the advice i found here i inflated the tyre to 33 psi of nitrogen and started

route : chennai- vellore- krishnagiri - salem- yercaud - chennai

the car really felt very smooth. even my wifey commented that "she feels that the car is floating on the highway"

reached yercaud at 7 pm

had fun there

started back at 2 pm yesterday and came back to salem only to find that the rear left tyre had a puncture. lucky that a man told me as i couldnt find any difference.

Changed the spare tyre.

i didnt want to travel with the spare tyre as i have that slightly bent alloy wheel in my spare and i didnt want to compromise on ride quality. more over i didnt want to take a risk of finding myself stranded on the highway without even a spare tyre just in case the other tyre also developes a puncture.

so hunt for the puncture wala begins.i found a few puncture shop but they didnt know how to repair a tubeless tyre. And it was sunday too so not many shops were open. Finally found a shop where i got the tyre repaired and even filled nitrogen to 33 on it and again changed the tyre back.

came back on sunday night

top speed achieved : 170kmph ( i didnt want to push further as i had my wifey with me on seatbelt, though the car was still stable and wanting me to push further)

FE: 16.1kmpl on MID for the total of 800.1 km

It is needless to debate about the top speed achieved as everyone here knows about the handling of the linea and top sopeed that can be achieved with great handling even at that speed.

I dont want to repeatedly stress the plus points

For a change i am stressing the down sides

1. headlight i felt was not adequate for the highway. i had to keep the headlight on high beam and keep my fogs on for better visibility. even for city driving i am finding it a bit difficuly with 55/65. thogh the fogs were pretty useful in foggy yercaud during the night upward climb.
time for change of bulb.

2. 80 to120 kmph takes a longer time on 5th gear than 120 to160. the car is a breeze after 120kmph ( above 4k on rpm meter in 5th gear). so it was like letting the rivals a bit and then waltz past them taking them by surprise at my higher speed and cruising capability when car reaches 120kmph

( a fellow from vellore with honda city came upto me near dharmapuri and asked me if i am test driving the T-Jet engine in the highway before launch for team-bhp . He refused to believe that 1.4 Fire is giving him tough time to rattle his 1.5 v tec ANHC)

Moral of the story: When going on a highway trip carry a tubeless tyre puncture repair kit. I was surprised to see the puncture being repaired in 2 minutes by the puncture wala without any help. So if i had carried i tubeless tyre puncture repair kit then i could have repaired it myself and filled normal air temporarily and carried on with my journey instead of hunting puncture wala on a sunday.

PS: The car crossed 13k during my downward trip and now stands at 13263. Only 1.5k to go for the first service and it has been only 8 months since i got the car.

Quote:
Congrats, Its a fine taste you got there. Welcome to the club. My Minimal grey Emotion Pk getting delivered on Jan 6th. Happy motoring
welcome to the club mate!. hoping to see your ownership thread soon!!

Last edited by geeash : 4th January 2010 at 09:19.
Old 4th January 2010, 09:57   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

1. headlight i felt was not adequate for the highway. i had to keep the headlight on high beam and keep my fogs on for better visibility. even for city driving i am finding it a bit difficuly with 55/65. thogh the fogs were pretty useful in foggy yercaud during the night upward climb.
time for change of bulb.
Ashwin, welcome back !

Osram Night Breaker and Philips Extreme power are 2 brands which are really good (as per T-bhp ian's stated in various fourms).

Infact, i have read vey good reviews about Philips extreme power. Costs around Rs. 800 per pair (again as per various tbhp ians).

No relays required as well.

I dont know where in chennai you get these apart from GP road.
Old 4th January 2010, 10:03   #800
Senior - BHPian

Hi Geeash

Congrats on the purchase.

Good review of the purchase as well.
Have a great ride in your Italian Beauty.
Old 4th January 2010, 10:07   #801
Senior - BHPian

Aswin,

For headlight,you just adjust the beam in TASS that's enough.
I too had the same issue and rise the high and low beam by adjusting the screws in the healight assembly.
Now i am very much satisfied.The beam is enough for night driving and it's pretty good.
Try it before changing the headlights H1 and H7.
Old 4th January 2010, 10:21   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For headlight,you just adjust the beam in TASS that's enough.
I too had the same issue and rise the high and low beam by adjusting the screws in the healight assembly.
Now i am very much satisfied.The beam is enough for night driving and it's pretty good.
I am not too much satisfied karthik. may be i will try some headlight allignment which is done at MRF and see.

But i am sure i need a change of bulbs atleasr for my eyesight !!!. I really feel this light deficient in its throw. Especially the side throw. without the fogs it is very hard to spot the median on the middle of the road especially at low beam!!. so i constantly use high beam only in the city along with fogs !!

Has any other owners changed the head bulbs?
Can others too please post the opinion on the throw of the headbulbs??
Old 4th January 2010, 10:33   #803
BHPian

Ferrari1976 (thread titled : Life in a linea) has changed his stock to Osram Night Breaker. Not much info on this thread.

You may check with him.
Old 4th January 2010, 10:38   #804
BHPian

Ashwin:

I have change the bulbs to Osram Nightbreakers. They are brilliant. I drive a lot on higways and can comfortably say that night driving has become very easy with the Osrams. Ofcource Philips Xtreme Power are as good or probably slightly better. Nighbreakers will cost you INR 2800 Vs @3200 for Xtreme Power. This is for a pair of H1 and a pair of H7 (total cost).
Old 4th January 2010, 10:39   #805
Senior - BHPian

There are loads of other people too like the ghost rider , ferrari, jaisha who has changed the stock lights.

guys please post your opinion. did you guys need a cutout and a relay?

The others with stock headlamp, do you guys feel the lack of visibility?
Old 4th January 2010, 10:46   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Ashwin:

I have change the bulbs to Osram Nightbreakers. They are brilliant. I drive a lot on higways and can comfortably say that night driving has become very easy with the Osrams. Ofcource Philips Xtreme Power are as good or probably slightly better. Nighbreakers will cost you INR 2800 Vs @3200 for Xtreme Power. This is for a pair of H1 and a pair of H7 (total cost).
I read in various forums that the cost per pair is around Rs. 850 for Osram/Philips. Did you purchase online ?
Old 4th January 2010, 11:02   #807
BHPian

I purchased it direclty by calling the Osram guy and then thru him the Osram dealer in Pune. The Osram guy gave me a discount, it was almost like buying it direclty from Osram.
Old 4th January 2010, 11:04   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin:

Wow that was quick ferrari

Thanks

Just a silly question what are these H1 H2 H3 H4 H7 .can we put only H1 and H7 in linea or we can put others toolike H4?
Old 4th January 2010, 12:24   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a sudden trip to yercaud.

( a fellow from vellore with honda city came upto me near dharmapuri and asked me if i am test driving the T-Jet engine in the highway before launch for team-bhp . He refused to believe that 1.4 Fire is giving him tough time to rattle his 1.5 v tec ANHC)

waw.. nice update geesh.

now this is the best part. people thinking that you are TD-ing the T-JET. admiration gauranteed
Old 4th January 2010, 13:19   #810
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Moral of the story: When going on a highway trip carry a tubeless tyre puncture repair kit.
And a tyre pump which would work off the cigarette lighter socket.

If the OEM jack is a pain to work with, go for a hydraulic jack.

Most Viewed