Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 10:42   #856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would you please provide the details of the GPS device (the make, specifications, etc) and the cost. Thanks
GPS device is my nokia N82 , the cost of the navigation software free!!!
Old 19th January 2010, 09:37   #857
Senior - BHPian

Had To wash the car as it had becaome a little dirty to my liking. Did a thorough wash with my bosch pressure wash and cleaned and vaccumed the car inerior. it is definitely satisfying to see the linea gleaming again.

The car is due for service next week and it looks like the TASS will not have any work in cleaning the car interior and exterior this time and again!!!!
Old 19th January 2010, 18:04   #858
BHPian

Update for the problem which I had posted regarding the problem with the steering audio controls.

Just got the car today from servicing. The steering controls are working fine. TASS fixed it but in the process they had to reset the system. I was was using one of the trip meters to calculate the average fuel consumption from date of delivery till date. Lost that :( Anyway glad that all controls in the car are working the way they are supposed to.

My car is September 09 manufactured and it was in the list for having the clutch cylinder replacement. This was done in the servicing. There's a noticeable difference in driving now. I found the gear shifts more smoother today. Earlier I would need to release the clutch extremely slowly especially while moving from 1st to 2nd gear or else the car would jerk. Today I could leave the clutch more faster without any problems.

Last week I got the first dent on the car and the most frustrating thing is that it happened when the car was parked in the building. Some biker must have hit the door with either his carrier or maybe the side indicator lights. Although it's just a dimple on the rear door it's driving me nuts. I asked at the service center if they could do some kind of touch up. They said they could only do a paint touch up but for removing the dimple the entire door will need to be removed for the denting/painting work.

Didn't want this procedure on a 3 month old car so have decided to live with it. I just went it for the 3 M paint protection 1 year plan. The car is shining but I still am mad at the person who who punched a dent into our Italian beauty.

Kapil,
Great to have a connect with you in Kochi with both of us getting the Linea on October 15th. I remember there was a line of cars for delivery at the showroom when I went with my wife. It was one of the days during Diwali and considered auspicious. Let's hope it brings us all good luck and happy driving hours.

Raj
Old 19th January 2010, 20:42   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post

Last week I got the first dent on the car and the most frustrating thing is that it happened when the car was parked in the building. Some biker must have hit the door with either his carrier or maybe the side indicator lights. Although it's just a dimple on the rear door it's driving me nuts. I asked at the service center if they could do some kind of touch up. They said they could only do a paint touch up but for removing the dimple the entire door will need to be removed for the denting/painting work.

Didn't want this procedure on a 3 month old car so have decided to live with it. I just went it for the 3 M paint protection 1 year plan. The car is shining but I still am mad at the person who who punched a dent into our Italian beauty.

Raj

Try dry denting using suction procedure.
Search in our forum you must get the idea
Old 20th January 2010, 18:38   #860
Senior - BHPian

I never knew that single parking light can be switched on. got the info from do you know your linea thread and tried it. wow!!

Team-bhpians are finding what is not listed in the maual even!!

Long live team-bhp

i wonder why these things are not listed in the manual . puzzled rather

Last edited by geeash : 20th January 2010 at 18:42.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:01   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Too much thinking

Mate it is 70%transparency mate. linea and all cars have 70% windscreens and when you put the same 70% transparent sunfilm it allows the same amount of light inside.

Only if you put lesser transparent film the visibility will come down!!

Your brains are working over time is it??
Umm no. His brains are working right.

The glass lets in 70% of light. This 70% goes into the sunfilm which passes through 70% of that light. So that is in effect, 49% effective visibility.
Old 23rd January 2010, 14:59   #862
Senior - BHPian

500km more for the service. the service reminder repeatedly come up now.

have a couple of issues

1. a noise from back coming from nowhere
2. there is a tick tick sopund coming from my right front window
3. headlight allignment issue untill i switch over to phillips xtreme power
4. oilchanges and allignment
5. wiper squeaking and wobbling issue again
6. slight stiff ride
7. underbody inspection and dinitrol protection 2nd inspection
will be giving the car for the service on friday probably!!

Last edited by geeash : 23rd January 2010 at 15:00.
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:12   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post

Raj
hi sir,
you could use the touch up paint from comapint. i used it on my flaminco red linea. and the results are very pleasing i must say. the paint matches exactly and even though its a DIY, to output is the same as that of a pro.

regards
SINGH
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:01   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
hi sir,
you could use the touch up paint from comapint. i used it on my flaminco red linea. and the results are very pleasing i must say. the paint matches exactly and even though its a DIY, to output is the same as that of a pro.

regards
SINGH
Whether com-piant are available for FIAT Linea?
In there Website,There is no shades listed for FIAT cars.
Old 24th January 2010, 19:24   #865
Senior - BHPian

Have you guys here thought of a remote for the audiosystem?. i sorely miss it now. as my dad/mom complains often about the want of remote as they cannot have the freedom of choosing the songs they like.

even i would have preferred one as i never like my co passenger fiddling the console. You never know how they press those keys ?. especially when they keys are so flimsy, the console and the keys might cave in along with central satia if pressed forcibly
Old 24th January 2010, 19:36   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Have you guys here thought of a remote for the audiosystem?. i sorely miss it now. as my dad/mom complains often about the want of remote as they cannot have the freedom of choosing the songs they like.

even i would have preferred one as i never like my co passenger fiddling the console. You never know how they press those keys ?. especially when they keys are so flimsy, the console and the keys might cave in along with central satia if pressed forcibly
Hey,
I already posted it somewhere here reg. the availablity of Remote for Linea Audio System.
same complaints from my parents/wife too.
But no response yet.
I put a word with Sidha,CSM,TATA and he will be back if it's avaialble by any means of source.
Old 25th January 2010, 18:51   #867
Senior - BHPian

Have fixed the service on friday. called the regional manager for service (mr.vikram)and asked him whether should i continue to send the car to concorde or change to vst? . he promised me that there would be no goof ups this time and asked me to send the car on friday. i also told him specifically that i need a loaner car. he said he will arrange for it rather doubtfully. waiting with my fingers crossed!!!!
Old 26th January 2010, 23:33   #868
BHPian

its available. i ordered flaminco red for my linea. matched totally!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Whether com-piant are available for FIAT Linea?
In there Website,There is no shades listed for FIAT cars.
Old 26th January 2010, 23:48   #869
BHPian

Hey, can you post the pictures of the area where you have used Com-paint.

I just checked the website and found that only "Flamenco Red" is available for FIAT.
There are no models available under FIAT.

Just check this link :
http://www.com-paint.com/viewallprod...cids=1&scids=1

Last edited by bnzjon : 26th January 2010 at 23:57.
Old 27th January 2010, 22:47   #870
Senior - BHPian

Good to see flamenco red is available. i think this should be in my kitty as well. bnz i dont think they can reproduce vocal white in cans as it is a combo of many colours. sairaj and concorde is your only solace if you want to touch up

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks