Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:35   #916
BHPian

Nice to you all smiles Ashwin. What I can see is that Fiat is picking up the cane and indulging in spanking where required. About spare parts, I feel the service centers are still complacent due to the average car customer (not demanding high standards), so they are not doing proper inventory management. Just a thought.
Old 4th February 2010, 07:40   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
pls let me know if the headlight throw is adequate now. I still find mine not adequate enough especially during highway drives
There is a very minimal improvement here. The side throw alone is a bit improved. Think we should change stock bulbs

Quote:
About spare parts, I feel the service centers are still complacent due to the average car customer (not demanding high standards), so they are not doing proper inventory management. Just a thought.

I have my doubts on the spare part stocks. Maybe, its improved from the earlier months. I still find few replacements like wiper blades,mud flaps etc not available and it takes a minimum of one week to get it from pune.

Yes this is happening. even vnagarajs has pointed out that the relay for his fuse box is due for a week. Mr.murali told me that they are taking steps. I have my own apprehensions

Quote:
3. did you check if the prices charged as per the list available in Fiat India site ?You were saying that the estimate on the jobcard was on the higher side.

Yes it was as per the details that was posted here. Only the job for painting and tinkering job was omn higherside. Fait does not give a standars price for painting and tinkering job. It is the TASS who decides what to price it. At first they told me that a small scratch on the rear lsft fender would cost me 5k as they need to remove the whole fender and paint it as a whole. After much bargaining they have settled for 3300+tax.

I think we need to get to gather and ask FIAT to price the painting and tinkering jobs too.

I find that TASS is haphazardly charging for all these small bodyshop works

I have enclosed a copy of the INVOICE for the assessment purpose kindly please notify me if there are descrepancies

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p2020406.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p2020410.jpg
Old 4th February 2010, 12:09   #918
Senior - BHPian

I can assure you that bodywork and tinkering can never have a pricelist as you want it to be. Simply speaking, you have no way of measuring the amount required for a touch-up.

It's the same for all car dealers and brand, that is why you can bargain with all of them for body work. I looked at the rest of your bill and it looks to be totally in line.
Old 4th February 2010, 14:49   #919
Senior - BHPian

Nice Job by TASS.
Seems,you have fixed almost all issue in your car.
I am going for 2nd service by next month and i too have some of the issue listed in your post + Bonnet Bulges.
Tomorrow I am going to my native and i simply add some 1500kms in my odometer.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 4th February 2010, 22:17   #920
Senior - BHPian

I think i cannot sleep peacefully

some bugger has stolen the LINEA and EMOTION logo from the rear of my car.

Another visit to TASS Oh my god!!
Old 5th February 2010, 00:06   #921
BHPian

ashwin thats very sorry
i think you need some nimbu mirchi to be hung on your car
Old 5th February 2010, 00:34   #922
BHPian

This is great news for Linea owners in Chennai. I wish Ashwin and bnzjon was at Kerala visiting Concorde Cochin.
Old 5th February 2010, 01:23   #923
BHPian

Ashwin,

What are below items appearing in the service bill

Item no. 1 - Engine oil petrol 1L - quantity charged for 4 litres
why did they charge for 4 litres when the tank can hold only 3.5 litres ? did they give you the balance 0.5 litres ?

Engine oil price mentioned on the Oil can is all inclusive tax price. Why have they charged service tax & VAT on this ?

Item no. 5 - other items charges for Rs.222/22.
Item no. 6 - Super glue for Rs. 37/33

What are these ?

Item no. 25 - Engine oil topup - Rs. 75
Is this labour charge ?

Last edited by bnzjon : 5th February 2010 at 01:26.
Old 5th February 2010, 09:29   #924
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
OMG. I thought that flicking logo/badge was restricted to NCR/Mumbai. VahanPujari had his horrific experience not once, but many times. Secondly, I was under the impression that even thieves would not touch Fiat logo/badges with barge pole because of its lack of demand. Sorry to note that logo/badges of any brand could be flicked by anybody, anytime, anywhere!

Old 5th February 2010, 09:48   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Sorry to note that logo/badges of any brand could be flicked by anybody, anytime, anywhere!
I guess I need to be careful with the badges of my Padmini too.
Old 5th February 2010, 10:03   #926
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Ashwin,
Didnt think it could happen in Chennai. I also noticed one flamenco red Linea in Mount Road the other day without its badges. Was thinking whether the culprits have changed area of operations from Mumbai to Chennai. The same thing happened to my friends Skoda.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:27   #927
BHPian

Believe its not the FIAT Logo which was stolen but the "LINEA" and "Emotion" labels.

Its cheap thrill especially among school boys who pluck these letters to stick it on their bags/books to denote the first letter of their name etc.

Regarding the logo, i have seen many Fiesta without their front logo's. Its again not stolen but fallen off.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:56   #928
BANNED

Quote:

In my last post, I had prayed that you don't have to visit TASS again before 1 year but it seems as that you and TASS has eternal love, which is calling you again and again and again.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:40   #929
Senior - BHPian

Item no. 1 - Engine oil petrol 1L - quantity charged for 4 litres
why did they charge for 4 litres when the tank can hold only 3.5 litres ? did they give you the balance 0.5 litres ?

i askeds them to flush Out the previous oil before putting the new one. so may be they could have used that additional oil for that. They did not give any oil back to me

Engine oil price mentioned on the Oil can is all inclusive tax price. Why have they charged service tax & VAT on this ?

Oil is priced at 610 inclusive of tax. it is billed as 542 + tax

Item no. 5 - other items charges for Rs.222/22.

these are for weights for balancing

Item no. 6 - Super glue for Rs. 37/33

For sticking those weights

Item no. 25 - Engine oil topup - Rs. 75
Is this labour charge ?

Yes it is the labour charge

Quote:
OMG. I thought that flicking logo/badge was restricted to NCR/Mumbai. VahanPujari had his horrific experience not once, but many times. Secondly, I was under the impression that even thieves would not touch Fiat logo/badges with barge pole because of its lack of demand. Sorry to note that logo/badges of any brand could be flicked by anybody, anytime, anywhere!
Logos are always on demand. Last month i saw a fiat linea emotion without those two badges. And i was thinking that i was licky that it didnt fall off in mine. At first i thought it must have fallen. but my cleaner guy clearly says that All the stickers were intact when he wiped the car the morning.

I also didnt see any abnormality when i parked the vehicle on the road when i went to the hospital. when i came back i always make sure that i go round the car and inspect the car , as i always believe that some scratch would happen because of parking on the road. I was shocked to see both logos missing. Even if it is the logo falling issue how can both logo "linea" "emotion" fall at the same time. i am sure it is a nasty work of someone. Just wait till i get my hands on them . i will make sure that i will break all their 206 bones and hang it in my house

Quote:
ashwin thats very sorry
i think you need some nimbu mirchi to be hung on your car
Yes my mother also says the same. It is definitely some evil eye

Quote:
Hi Ashwin,
Didnt think it could happen in Chennai. I also noticed one flamenco red Linea in Mount Road the other day without its badges. Was thinking whether the culprits have changed area of operations from Mumbai to Chennai. The same thing happened to my friends Skoda.
For the last couple of days after the logo fell i am looking at each car logo and i see almost 30% missing. but what can be done?

Quote:
In my last post, I had prayed that you don't have to visit TASS again before 1 year but it seems as that you and TASS has eternal love, which is calling you again and again and again.
I hoped the same jacksons. But
Old 5th February 2010, 23:01   #930
Senior - BHPian

But anyhow there is a good thing in all bad thing

I called Concorde ( senthil) and asked them whether they have this emotion and linea logo.

As usual they said only linea logo is there in stock and emotion is not there after checking.

Today morning when i called him again he asked me to wait for 1 more day so that he can ask other dealers and revert back to me

Meanwhile i asked madhu ( rhenius) to enquire in VST and let me know.

Madhu called me back and told me it was available and asked me to contact the SA and sent me the number !!

( madhu i must really thank you for all the help. it did put up a smile on my face as i was irritated a lot about this issue the whole day before and today morning).

just when i was about to call them, i got a call from shobana of concorde informing me that mr.senthil had asked her to follow up the issue and she has procured the logo from VST herself and it is available at concorde itself.

I requested her to send the logo through senthil ( as he does automobile engineering (evening college) near my house only). She said since enthil is on leave she will send it through him when he comes back tomorrow !!

Anyways bnz if you go early tomorrow to TASS can you get it across to me?. If you arent going tomorrow i shall ask senthil to get the logo for me

anyways this shows concorde has undergone some serious change in attitude towards fiat customers. They have also changed their mindset and are enquiring it from other dealers too!!

I am really happy for concorde and fiat now!!

madhu thanks again. ill try to get the thing from concorde tomorrow or else i will go to VST on monday if nothing matierializes. thanks a lot mate!!

Last edited by geeash : 5th February 2010 at 23:03.

Most Viewed