Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 12:08   #931
Senior - BHPian

Hi Doc,

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i askeds them to flush Out the previous oil before putting the new one. so may be they could have used that additional oil for that. They did not give any oil back to me
Usually flushing oil is different, though this oil can be used. But why flush at this stage?

I remember reading in another thread getting oil back. Moreover is 3.5L mentioned in the manual. There is a lot of difference in the oil capacities of the same engine in the different cars.

Quote:
Item no. 5 - other items charges for Rs.222/22.
these are for weights for balancing
Item no. 6 - Super glue for Rs. 37/33
For sticking those weights
Oh! The aluminium weights for alloys usually comes with glue on its own. Have they started using Superglue now?

Quote:
Item no. 25 - Engine oil topup - Rs. 75
Is this labour charge ?
Yes it is the labour charge
It was a free service and they are not supposed to charge for the free service!
Old 6th February 2010, 21:10   #932
BHPian

Quote:

Item no. 25 - Engine oil topup - Rs. 75
Is this labour charge ?

Yes it is the labour charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
It was a free service and they are not supposed to charge for the free service!
Ashwin, its not labour charges for Engine oil top up.

I checked with Sairaj and he said Rs. 75 is for consummables like grease, wax, cotton, screws, nut/bolt etc etc.

They have erroneously billed under the mentioned name.

Quote:
Anyways bnz if you go early tomorrow to TASS can you get it across to me?. If you arent going tomorrow i shall ask senthil to get the logo for me
Senthil was there at the TASS. I reminded him about the same as well as informed the Spares department to handover to Senthil.

I informed Sairaj as well. Hopefully you should get it tommorrow or monday morning (senthil is not coming that way as he is not attending his classes today)
Old 8th February 2010, 01:02   #933
BHPian

Thanks a lot Ashwin and bnzjon

Good to see that you Ashwin and bnzjon have made the Chennai Service Center guys the most skilled in the country when it comes to dealing with Linea cars. I'm happy that you people are over there to help us (other Linea owners) too. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 10th February 2010, 09:29   #934
BHPian

Happy Birthday Doctor

Dear Ashwin,

Many more happy returns of the day !

May Lord provide you all good health and wealth to keep your patients hale & hearty as well as fellow Lineans.

God Bless you !
Old 10th February 2010, 09:38   #935
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Aswin
Old 10th February 2010, 12:52   #936
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot guys !!
Old 10th February 2010, 14:50   #937
BHPian

Happy Birthday Ashwin...Enjoi & have a blast
Old 10th February 2010, 15:41   #938
Senior - BHPian

Thanks vinay

An update

The 'Linea' and 'Emotion' stickers have come. it was handed over to me personally by senthil from concorde. Costs Rs.832
I am yet to stick it. I thought i will wash the car on sunday and stick it after cleaning all the muck!!!

Will post the photos soon

Last edited by geeash : 10th February 2010 at 15:43.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:40   #939
Senior - BHPian

Hi. Everyone Yesterday I have booked my LINEA EMOTION PACK. I have selected Red colour, Iwas told by plenty of people that dont go for this car as I will face problems aftersales, and as FIAT is a alredady Failure compony ,just look at fate of palio owners etc etc . But brushed aside all their sayings and went ahead for it.
This car has all goodies which other competitor will charge you extra.Although it has less pick up as compared to others but it is a refined new generation car afterall. Iwil post Photos when I get delivery from Concord at Mumbai.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:45   #940
Senior - BHPian

@IQBAL VEERJI

Congratulations on your new purchase. All you have to do is look at Dr.Ashwin and Bnzjon's ownership threads to see that Fiat has been making an effort to change its image as far as service is concerned. Don't worry, you've made the right choice.
Old 12th February 2010, 10:47   #941
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Iqbal Ji. There are always more people talk of the negative even without experiencing it. Dont worry, things are changing for good. Do put up a new thread once you take the delivery of the car.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:56   #942
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, IQBAL_VEERJI, on booking a Fiat Linea. You have not mentioned whether it is petrol or diesel version. Please start your own thread after taking delivery of your Linea.

Old 12th February 2010, 17:47   #943
Senior - BHPian

it is good to see people opting for linea. there is definitely a big change in the attitude of TASS.

The workmanshio and skills are far improved now and i hope the spares issue too will be sorted very soon.
Old 14th February 2010, 17:57   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations and best wishes, IQBAL_VEERJI, on booking a Fiat Linea. You have not mentioned whether it is petrol or diesel version. Please start your own thread after taking delivery of your Linea.
Dear freind it is a petrol version because my daily running is not that much and I have already burnt my fingers with that Accent CRDI I had earlier in which I had to spent money on engine repaires I ended up paying more then what I must have saved on not going for a petrol version and above all losing peace of mind and no confidence of going to far of places in that CRDI of fear of breaking down on the way.I am just waiting for the delivery probably before 24th Feb.
Old 16th February 2010, 21:24   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Iqbal Ji. There are always more people talk of the negative even without experiencing it. Dont worry, things are changing for good. Do put up a new thread once you take the delivery of the car.
Yes you are right brother one must do what he feels good to himself and go ahead with it , my nature is such initially I also thought that if a car Is given to us with so many goodies almost free of cost as compared to others I was in two minds between HONDA CITY and LINEA but finally LINEA was the choise of the family members and we went ahead and booked it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks