Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 19:12   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

I dont know where the calculations went wrong . will get the bill and post it tomorrow. Yeah they wanted to send the car today night. i declined as i wanted to inspect the car in broad daylight before getting the delivery
Old 26th September 2011, 19:33   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Finally the car will be back tomorrow !! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the car will be as good as in factory condition
Wonderful, eagerly awaiting to see your Linea bask in the past glory.

Quote:
Any guesses how much i have to pay??? It is 6943/- Surprise surprise !!!. I was hoping to the tune of 10-12k.
If it is Fiat, people cry "cheap plastics", but they fail to see that the repair/ replacement costs are so minimal.

All the very best for tomorrow.
Old 27th September 2011, 17:01   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Have just refused to take the delivery of the car from the driver from VST motors.

The car came at 10 AM an to my shock the dent an the scratch on the rear door was still there and was not done

The chromestrip in the rt rear quarter glass which had fallen off due to the impact was not replaced.

The "Emotion" Badge which was damaged was not replaced at all and it was empty

The insurance original/RC Book original /Driving Licence Original which was given by me for the insurance claim was not returned back

So i have refused to take delivery of the car.

For the rear door rt dent and scratch it seems the insurance surveyer had not given approval though my FIR clearly states that it has happened in the accident. called him and he told me that the scratch looked like it was not fresh. Gave him a blast

Is dent and scratch some sort of a juice to be served fresh??? bugger. I have told him clearly that i will sue him and he has told me that he will consult his team leader and get back

Can some one tell me how to proceed how to go about this refusal from the insurance???. I am not taking delivery unless it is done to my satisfaction
Old 27th September 2011, 17:05   #1204
Senior - BHPian

you just speak with Mr. Keshava Ramalingam.
He will help you. rest of the body shop people won't listen our cry.
Old 27th September 2011, 17:17   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Karthik. Called and told him and also the Chennai Head of the Future generali insurance gave them my piece of mind.

Now it looks like the work has started. Dont know when i will get my car back.

Though these smaller details have been missed they have nicely replaced the boot and the bumper and have matched and painted it to factory finish which really looked nice.

But still if only they attend to all these minor things !!!!
Old 28th September 2011, 18:05   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Update:

The car is back. The door also been mended. As usual few fallacies. Will post pictures and write about it at night
Old 30th September 2011, 17:35   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011942.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011943.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011944.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011945.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011946.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011948.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011949.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011950.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011951.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011952.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-28092011954.jpg

The car is back. The paint job is good and the whole boot has been replaced and looks good.

But obviously the factory finish id not there there are missing bolts in plastics. The chromestrip is still missing.

The fastener on the glovebox is missing. dont know why they meddled with the glove box.

The OEM mats and the plastic mats are all missing.

Obviously not fully satisfied. Have escaleted my concerns to Mr.Kesava Ramalingam. Hopefully should get my mats tomorrow.

Now you guys tell me what to do
Old 30th September 2011, 17:55   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Linea's second birthday!

I recently did the third service of my Punto during its second birthday and the bill came to just 6100/- with all fluid replacements, brake pads, clutch slave cyl. (under warranty), all filters and wheel balancing and alignment. Yeah the service costs are not so high as per the general notion.

Last edited by clevermax : 30th September 2011 at 17:57.
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:13   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Freak accidents keep coming

Freak accidents keep coming.

Yesterday after coming back from a satisfied dinner, on entering my apartment the car left front side fell into the ground water tank sump opening.

The tank sump is usually covered and only in case of rains due to rainwater harvesting it will be connected with the drain pipe.

The watchmen in my apartment forgot to close it even after 1 1/2 hrs after the rains. The sump opening is located right at the entrance of the flat. so by the time i realized it was open the front wheel had already gone in with a thud.

I was petrified for a second. and then came to my senses and slowly reversed the car and the wheel came out. I though nothing had happened. then i heard some scratching noise. I could very well understand that it was coming only from the engine guard which had protected the engine and oil sump from my previous experiences.

there were no vibrations or nothing at all except the iron scratching the ground sound from the car. so slowly parked the car in the slot and inspected.

As expected the engine guard had given away in the left rear corner.

Today morning in daylight inspected the car and nothing major had happened anywhere else.

Bent down got underneath the car and inspected it. The engine guard was badly damaged. There was absolutely no damage to engine or anything under the hood.

tried to pull up the engine guard but it wouldnt stay. so i got some thick wires and inserted it into the hole in the engine guard and pulled it up and twisted it around the straight rod like guard for the exhaust from the engine tightly so that it wouldnt vibrate anymore.

Drove the car and the sound disappeared only to occur occasionally when car was scrapping the speedbreakers.

So decided to take it to workshop.

Didnt want to take it to TASS as they would make a mess of even a small problem.

I have had very good experiences with Bosch Car Care Centre , Vadapalani with my dads car. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...i-chennai.html

So took it there. the car was put on a ramp and was hoisted and inspected and it was indeed the engine guard which was heavily bent and beared the brunt of the injury

Horror to see that the bumper was was fastened to the engine guard by the OEM TASS only by 2 screws when there were 5 holes for screws to fasten up. Even the inner wheel cladding were not fastened up by the TASS properly and was loose.

Another surprise. Usually the engine guard in all lineas and puntos are removable but in my car only the front portion was fastened by screws the reat was welded to the frame !!. Only then i realised that the Buggers in Concorde motors has welded the engine guard with the frame last time when the engine guard rattling had occured

What a cheap trick!!

Finally the bosch guys meticulously removed the engine guard from the weld using filer and welding machine. luckily no damage to the frame.

From then on it was just pure professional work. The welder was summoned and since the rear of the engine guard cannot be screwed back, i told them to make some arrangement so that they can make the engine guard removable as before.

The engine guard was straightened out and flat. A thick metal sheet was brought and a bracket was designed so that it fixes into the old screw slot perfectly. It was cut out and tempered with welding machine and filing. It was welded to the original engine guard and finally fixed to the proper holes it was meant to be screwed to.

To tell how professional the work was they even painted out the engine guard to black again

here are the pics

The welder and his tools

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011966.jpg

The bent and damaged engine guard

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011967.jpg

In the next two picture you can see the place where the engine guard was welded to by the buggers at concorde motors to arrest the engine guard rattling. They should have fixed the engine guard to the adjacent two screws holes. But the chose to do the cheap trick

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011968.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011969.jpg

An underview

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011970.jpg

One of the two steel brackets which was designed and cut out from the sheet to be welded to the OEM engine guard

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011973.jpg

The original goofed up welding place was cleaned and patched

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011974.jpg

Next two pictures show the brackets welded to the engine guard

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011976.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011977.jpg

Complimentary engine guard painting after fixing the guard, to make it look professional. this is what sets the TASS and professionals apart

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011978.jpg

Worn out front tyres of my car. Its been only 2 1/2 years and 38k kms on the ODO. I guess i have to change it soon
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011971.jpg

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-03102011972.jpg

They took a test drive to see if there are any rattling and there was absolutely none!!.

The car is back to its status again. They charged me 750 bucks for it including the consumables, which i thought was VFM

This is the third time i am coming out smiling from the Bosch garage. 3 out of 3 times is excellent. These guys at the Bosch car care are extremely competent and skillful and They even take care of the minute details and also make sure the customers are happy.

Bosch car care you guys definitely rock. I had already created a thread in teambhp http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...i-chennai.html to give them an applause. now i am even more impressed. Kudos guys
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:29   #1210
h14
BHPian

Hi geeash, good to know that your car is back in shape, but feel really sorry for you and your freak accidents. Hope this would be your last such incident. Also, many thanks in sharing your views on Bosch.
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:58   #1211
BHPian

Hi Geeash,
I got an MJD, bought 9 months.
When above 70/80 kms speed, Linea starts to make 'boooooming' sound. I think it is normal only.
But isn't it common to all Lineas?
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:08   #1212
Senior - BHPian

I dont get any booming sound sunney. i get a lot of noise because of the retro fit a/c. But other than that i dont get any other noise.

probably its a noise of the turbo.
@aks karthik Can you check this one out in your car for sunney
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:26   #1213
BHPian

Also sorry about the rowdy act of Concord on the superbly-built Linea by Fiat....
How we expect such callous work worse than way-side amateur mechanics from TATA?

I am heard Fiat is discontinuing with Tata. May be they too experienced the 'step-mother' treatment to their good product.

Good for Linea owners...
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:14   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Yeah The service of concorde ambattur was indeed pathetic. How dare they weld my engine guard without my knowledge just to negate a rattle !!

The problem with concorde guys are in diagnostics as well as skill. would it have taken 2 mins more time and little bit of thinking to fit the guard with a washer when i went there for a rattle?

The basic problem is that these guys are fools!! bl**dy fools !!. I must thank god that i have moved to VST. But only now i am feeling the after effects of concorde on what they did previously.
Old 4th October 2011, 09:45   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Re: Freak accidents keep coming

Quote:
Freak accidents keep coming. Yesterday after coming back from a satisfied dinner, on entering my apartment the car left front side fell into the ground water tank sump opening.
Sorry to know @ the freak accident. After the ghastly rear ending, now this one, feels very bad, as you & your car had to bear the brunt for none of your fault. In a similar freak accident, outside my sister's apartment, when I went to park my car besides a pavement, I hear a loud karrrr-katttt sound. Came out only to find that my LHS tyre had two deep cuts on sidewall, it was flat within no time also the alloy wheel was damaged with multiple scratches, all courtesy to the sharp, protruding pavement tile. Same as you, this happened in late evening when visibility wasn't very good.

Quote:
Horror to see that the bumper was was fastened to the engine guard by the OEM TASS only by 2 screws when there were 5 holes for screws to fasten up. Even the inner wheel cladding were not fastened up by the TASS properly and was loose.

Another surprise. Usually the engine guard in all lineas and puntos are removable but in my car only the front portion was fastened by screws the reat was welded to the frame !!. Only then i realised that the Buggers in Concorde motors has welded the engine guard with the frame last time when the engine guard rattling had occured

What a cheap trick!!
It is such callous attitude of the TASS folks that make our cars suffer. It is just because of this reason I am planning to get the 100K servicing of my car done from an independent garage right in front of my eyes & not a TASS (though the TASS is just half the distance from my home compared to the other garage)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks