Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 07:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Hello everyone. This is my second post in team-bhp. I have become a proud owner of a Flamenco red Emotion Pack Petrol Fiat Linea. I have taken delivery of it day before yesterday from concorde motors chennai after a tiring wait of one month. I am starting this thread as i want to share my car ownership experience with you people. I was heavily influenced by threads in team-bhp to go for linea when i was in dilemma to choose between SX4 and Linea. I will post my assessment, booking, waiting, delivery and initial driving experience soon today. I would also like to congratulate other new car ( especially linea ) owners a happy motoring .
Old 24th April 2009, 07:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Geeash!

Linea Rain is all over TBHP now
Old 24th April 2009, 08:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Geeash!

It sure is raining Linea's! Seems like Fiat finally pulled it off well.

And yes, waiting for your post on the whole experience.
Old 24th April 2009, 08:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats man! We have a thread called 'Is Linea a hit or flop'. I think you might want to check up that one as well. Waiting for your detailed report on planning to delivery. Please let us know the OTR price if u don't mind that is. Thanks! Congrats again! Ride safe!
Old 24th April 2009, 09:37   #5
BHPian

Linea definetely is all over tbhp now. Almost every day there's a new linea owner here. And Geeash, i am sure sure there are a no of others just like you who are caught in the dilemna of whether to go for a linea over sx4/anhc/fiesta or not. As far as i am concerned, its a fantastic car at a great price. Congrats for going ahead with it and hope you have a wonderful time driving around.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hello everyone. This is my second post in team-bhp. I have become a proud owner of a Flamenco red Emotion Pack Petrol Fiat Linea. I have taken delivery of it day before yesterday from concorde motors chennai after a tiring wait of one month. I am starting this thread as i want to share my car ownership experience with you people. I was heavily influenced by threads in team-bhp to go for linea when i was in dilemma to choose between SX4 and Linea. I will post my assessment, booking, waiting, delivery and initial driving experience soon today. I would also like to congratulate other new car ( especially linea ) owners a happy motoring .
Congrats..!! for owning the Italian Masterpiece, it raning Linea's in TBHP.

Enjoy the beauty & greet us with some pictures.

regards,
Sanjeev
Old 24th April 2009, 11:59   #7
BHPian

congrats and good too see another linea owner. welcome to the club....waiting for photos and the review.. enjoy and drive safe

Last edited by pranava999 : 24th April 2009 at 12:00. Reason: Typo
Old 24th April 2009, 12:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy.. Enjoy the ride!!
Old 24th April 2009, 12:47   #9
BHPian

We need to keep a count on how many linea's are owned by team-bhpians. Enjoy your ride dude & drive her safely!
Old 24th April 2009, 12:50   #10
BHPian

Congrats Geeash for lovely italian beauty.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:03   #11
BHPian

Congrats geeash.

Do post your assessment between petrol linea & SX4, will be valuable for the prospective buyers..
Old 25th April 2009, 07:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do post your assessment between petrol linea & SX4, will be valuable for the prospective buyers..
I was heavily influenced by the thread by drashkum in sedan subform which assess linea vs sx4. I agree to 90% of what he has said, except for the underpowered thing. i really feel linea is not sluggish in first and second gears

It was in september when i thought about buying a new car. I had been in test drive mode since then, test driving from maruti 800 to BMW320d. I was told by tata dealers in november that linea will be launched in january then. I had always been a fan of fiat since premier padmini was my fathers first car. When it was launched i had a test drive of it and found it to be a class in its range. I had also driven sx4 and ANHC. ANHC was too way out of my budget as, due to recession my budget had grossly decreased from 12 lakhs to 8 lakhs. So the choice was for a more of a value sedan than a luxurious one. So it boiled down to the competition between sx4 vs linea. And accidentally i had bumped into this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...on-pk-vfm.html

I found the user more or less in the same dilemma. I saw his review in detail and had a side by side assessment of linea and sx4 topend and found linea to be a hands on winner. So i booked linea on february 3 rd week from which my frustrating wait started. The dealer said the car was in transit for 35 days. Then i had to mail Mr.Mangesh, Mr.Natarajan, Mr.Rahul jhadhav who sorted things out and finally my car arrived on april 20th. I did a pdi after taking a a print out from pdi thread in team bhp. I did pdi for close to two and half hours and was finally satisfied with the car. So i took delivery on april 22nd.

I will soon post my cars pictures

I am on the process of fitting fancy mumberplates, reverse parking sensors, v-kool suncontrol film, stanley leather seats. I got mats for free ,a black one from dealer as a compliment for my frustrating wait.
Old 25th April 2009, 09:38   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
So i booked linea on february 3 rd week from which my frustrating wait started. The dealer said the car was in transit for 35 days.

So i took delivery on april 22nd.
Hey Geeash. Congrats.
Feb 3rd week to 24th apr is really a long wait. I got the same model in 22 days.
Old 25th April 2009, 11:56   #14
BHPian

Hey,

Congrats and linea looks smashing in red (I think looks the best in red).

Well expecting a detailed intial ownership report and pictures soon.

Have fun

-hdi
Old 26th April 2009, 09:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Initial Review:
It has been 3 days since i have taken delivery of my red petrol emotion pack linea. I have had immense pleasure driving this vehicle for close to 350 kms in this 3 days. I had driven the test drive vehicle and now feel entirely different with this vehicle what i own. I found the test drive vehicle crude with no refinement and underpowered. But my own vehicle i find the response much better (200% improvement) in low rpm. Car drives well even in first and second gear and the response is whopping. I have had a bumper to bumper ride in chennai traffic and i was very comfortable with that ride. I really dont know what this dealers do with test drive vehicles. May be they alter something to improve the FE of test drive vehicles and that is why i think the response is compromised. With each day going on i am discovering new new things about my car. Though i have not even read the manual ( i have to find time to complete the studying process). I am absolutely in love with the steering controls for audio though blue and me is a mixed baggage. Blue and me does not recognise the correct numbers after i say dial . I have tried speaking in all type of accents but still the same. It was only one time it dialed the correct number after i said "dial". The car is so huge that after driving it i am able to drive my verna like a santro. I am not able to judge the FE correctly as it is the run in period. Everyone who sits in my car just admires the way it has been built and loves its features. what a class.

pros
1. response and handling
2. features- bells and whistles
3. steering mounted audio controls
4. gc
5. nvh- is good though i have not taken the car above 80kmph
6. cellphone call recieving
7. large leg room
8. solidity

cons
1. leavers are flimsy
2. the inside rear view mirror does not show the entire rear wind screen
3. mats easily getting soiled
4. a/c- sort of ok but not as effective as my verna though its soaring at 43 c in chennai so i can't assess. And also i forget to switch on the circulation mode each time
5. blue and me partially cannot read my message and read my media player in phone
6. no glove box light
7. glove box and side boxes too crampy with blue and me and cannot house anything
8. no bottle holders like as in my verna.

will write more when i assess more

have any of you had filled nitrogen in linea tyres?. If yes, how is the response?

I am planning to put v-kool sunfilm elegant in sides and rear and vk70 in front costs 19000 and reverse parking sensors xenos 3800+ painting costs.

The other day the executive told me that there is no run in period for petrol cars and i can take it to any speed. He said the run in period matter only for diesel cars without turbo. is it so?

I have got a apple ipod touch but usb doesnt recognise it. Have anyone tried it?.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks