Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 11:51   #16
BHPian

Dude f50xj13, only a mature human being can take these things as funny incidents. Hats of to you.
I guess, we human beings mostly want a better service from others but always lack the necessary motivation when we are on the other side of the service line!! For sure, the same salves guy/service manager wants the best possisble service when he is buying something.
So only a well oiled management can make sure such incidents don't happen all the time. Going by the reputation of Honda, I don't think we can expect many more such incidents as more and more people upgrade their cars to Citys and above. Common car manufactures try your best to avoid such incidents. Do not ignore the threat of Maruty's and Hyuindai's.
Old 25th April 2009, 11:56   #17
BHPian

It is always the same snob attitude of Honda dealers and executives every time you complain about some. I think they should charge premium on their cars for the "Premium attitude" not for the products and services.

Still one should be pleased enough to say that incidents are not big enough as compared to harish's.

Honda products are reliable and great enough to be bought. It is just the attitude of the managment which regards to be changed.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:14   #18
BHPian

Well, I think there is a fundamental issue with After Sales Service in India. People are only interested in selling a product, *** does not exist or is of very poor quality.

There may be a few exceptions, but trust me, majority of them would fall in the Not Satisfied category.

I can think of only 2 reasons for this kind of attitude. Population and monopoly.

Again this is a generic comment and not specific to cars *** alone.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
f50xj13 : HOWEVER NOW I AM PLANNING TO SEND THIS CHEQUE ACROSS TO THE MD OF HONDA SIEL INDIA WITH A LETTER EXPLAINING THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS AND REQUESTING HIM TO DONATE THAT AMOUNT TO HIS FAVOURITE CHARITY.
Spice up that letter with as much details (dates, events) & send it across. Should be fun.

Quote:
f50xj13 : ... and best part yet : only the right side bulb lights up : Honda Explanation : We follow global standards which say a left hand drive car will have its left side bulb lit and vice versa.
A fine example of Honda (dealer) Ingenuity ?
Old 25th April 2009, 20:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the way you are spamming the link for this thread all over the forum is quite unwelcome. I would rather you not do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honda's service levels leave a lot to be desired without a doubt. Quality is inconsistent at best. However, the allegations are not as serious as in the case of Skoda (fraud etc.).

I agree. f50xj13, do NOT SPAM the forum with useless offtopic oneliner posts.
Point taken, kindly accept apologies
Old 26th April 2009, 14:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honda's service levels leave a lot to be desired without a doubt. Quality is inconsistent at best.
I have a NHC since Sep 2007. All the services have been from Peninsular Honda at Kochi, about 58kms from my home / shop.

Every service has been prompt and well taken care of. I have had different service advisors and am in talking acquaintance with all of them. The ladies at the reception are always courteous over phone and in person. All my services were with prior appointments.

Yesterday (25/04/2009), I went there without appointment to replace a right door mirror glass which was lost when my door mirror met with another car's door mirror. Even before the receptionist saw me in the service section, the last service advisor I had (Sujith) saw me. Told him what I needed. He finished the paper work (job card), asked me to wait. The car was handed over to me back in 25 minutes. The time taken was more as the job card had to be filled and so also the invoicing etc.

I am more than happy with their service. I have enjoyed the time I have spent there each time I take the car for service getting to know them and talking to them.
Old 26th April 2009, 16:37   #22
BHPian

Point i wanted to make is not that of service levels, but the attitude adopted by Honda india in giving compensation for delay.
i am extremely satisfied with honda, this being my third city and second auto.
Old 26th April 2009, 16:42   #23
BANNED

it is sad that we live in a situation where incompetence is the norm, mediocrity is tolerated and excellence is pretty much unheard of.

crying shame to see great cars being sullied by crackheads. I personally would like to have a long one-on-one with the person who decided NOT to include optional alloy wheels in any trim.
Old 26th April 2009, 19:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
it is sad that we live in a situation where incompetence is the norm, mediocrity is tolerated and excellence is pretty much unheard of.

crying shame to see great cars being sullied by crackheads. I personally would like to have a long one-on-one with the person who decided NOT to include optional alloy wheels in any trim.

not just alloys, i want to have a chat to the person who did not give climate control, better interiors, front fogs, small touches like lights in power window switch on all doors, front and rear lights aka indigo, steering adjustable for reach, one simple central locking button on driver side door aka esteem-vx way back in 1998.......these are some of the things i will want to ask that guy.
still hats off to honda for regularly upgrading models both as a facelift and as a new car as per schedule they have laid out during launch....which cannot be said for most of the auto companies in india.
hats off for producing some of the most exciting engines in the country.
HATS OFF FOR TREATING CUSTOMER LIKE A BHAJI WALLAH AND BARGAINING FOR REFUND DUE TO CUSTOMER...
Old 27th April 2009, 16:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
one simple central locking button on driver side door aka esteem-vx way back in 1998
My NHC has this on the door, in front of the power window switches.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:00   #26
BHPian

ok first of all the elegance package lolz for one second i thought it was merc C class. rofl. wow ""elegance package"" lol honda.

2nd 28000 for accersories like bumper protectors? whats is in that package!

3rd honda has now really a snobby attitude. sorry saarr. sorry for delay saaar lolz. THEY REALLY DONT GIVE A S*** sorry guys its true.

4th they silently insulted you by giving you 600 rs cheque. good thing what you did. by sending that cheque and letter to honda md.

Last edited by Caramelo : 27th April 2009 at 17:04.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:00   #27
BHPian

Honda too!!!

Honda services are expensive but this kind of misbehavior is not that common.

IMO its not funny, its a bad & horror experience.

Please stood by to your decision to tell the MD and all.

Best of luck.

As always, TEAM BHP will support you.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

My NHC has this on the door, in front of the power window switches.
My April 2007 NHC-CVT did not have this feature. They included this switch, one extra remote and some other things i am not sure of in the later models.
Is yours a 10th anniversary edition?
By the way I am missing the smoothness of my CVT. The AHNC is excellent but for Mumbai traffic CVT was more than enough. Dont know why Honda ditched the CVT for geared auto..
Old 29th April 2009, 13:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
Is yours a 10th anniversary edition?
By the way I am missing the smoothness of my CVT. The AHNC is excellent but for Mumbai traffic CVT was more than enough. Dont know why Honda ditched the CVT for geared auto..
Mine is a 10th anniversary edition. But still no alloy wheels standard, which were added a few months later.

CVT is good! No idea why they changed to normal automatic.
Old 29th April 2009, 22:16   #30
BHPian

someone told me cvt's cannot handle the increased bhp properly. however correct me if i am wrong i think some audi/volks are over 150 bhp and are cvt's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks