Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 22:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Passat is DSG. So is the Jetta. And the Tuareg is a conventional auto.

Autos have trouble with torque, not BHP. Related, but distinct.
Old 30th April 2009, 02:03   #32
BHPian

sir i did not mean vehicles sold in India, but ones sold outside. have seen them in uae.
what you said is correct, but honda itself sells cars having petrol engines and higher bhp with cvt

Last edited by f50xj13 : 30th April 2009 at 02:04. Reason: forgot to end sentence
Old 30th April 2009, 20:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
someone told me cvt's cannot handle the increased bhp properly. however correct me if i am wrong i think some audi/volks are over 150 bhp and are cvt's.
Maybe when CVTs were made initially. I think CVT technology has grown a long way.

Recently I test drove a Mistubishi Freelander. It was a 2400cc petrol with a CVT gearbox (six speed paddle shift). I don't know about the power / toraue details, though.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:58   #34
BHPian

I have tried 3 Honda Dealers in Delhi - Prime, Ring Road and Southend Honda. Started with the first Honda City 1.3L from Ring Road. Excellent customer handling and pleasant experience. Bought a Gxi from Southend Honda. Again an excellent experience with good service - no complaints. The last one was the best. The NHC2009 from Prime. The car was delivered at home - I think probably because I am a priority customer of HDFC Bank who were financing it. The servicing is another story. The original servicing was mostly Southend Honda and tried Courtesy Honda a few times as it is close to the house. Car has done 60K km so the front suspension needed some attention - no parts available at Courtesy Honda. For the NHC2009 I wanted mudguards - not available and no one could say when they would come. Courtesy Honda sent a driver to collect the car and when it came back after servicing there were two 1 inch long 1/2 wide scratch marks on the bottom edge of the front bumper. Ok they really aren´t visible but poor quality. You are right they are sliding. I know the VP-Sales (Was GM Sales of Maruti) and their VP-Admin is also a friend. Will certainly mail them the key elements of the above post and one other which was a horror story I read from a Hyderabad customer.

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:13   #35
BHPian

Just another (maybe unrelated) note.

I am in the market to buy a new car and have been considering the Fiat Linea & Honda City. Family's dead against Fiat (just sold off my Palio at a hugely depreciated price) therefore balance might be tilting towards Honda.

What I'd like to share is - ever since they launched the Jazz, all showrooms in Delhi (that I've been to) are saying that Honda's stopped making/selling City EMT. Isn't that like weird? Maybe thats one way to push a really expensive hatch but aren't they killing their own car in the long term?

Also - does anyone know if this is true or if this if its just sales guys trying to push the Jazz instead of the EMT? Maybe its a one month sales strategy of Honda to get some Jazzes on the road before they resume selling EMT. Isn't this unethical but? They've not officially removed the EMT from their website car lineup...and they aren't even saying that we can book it but delivery will take time.

~Confused
Old 24th June 2009, 15:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnvaa View Post
Also - does anyone know if this is true or if this if its just sales guys trying to push the Jazz instead of the EMT? Maybe its a one month sales strategy of Honda to get some Jazzes on the road before they resume selling EMT. Isn't this unethical but? They've not officially removed the EMT from their website car lineup...and they aren't even saying that we can book it but delivery will take time.
I have no clue if the EMT has been replaced. But, please don't allow the dealers to force you into buying the Jazz or whatever else. Just walk away and buy something else. But make it a point to tell them you've bought something else. They seem to be betting heavily our desperation to own anything Honda.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I have no clue if the EMT has been replaced. But, please don't allow the dealers to force you into buying the Jazz or whatever else. Just walk away and buy something else. But make it a point to tell them you've bought something else. They seem to be betting heavily our desperation to own anything Honda.
I've always maintained that Hondas are the most overpriced cars in the Indian market. Now it seems that their pre- and post-sales is apathetic too.

I'm expecting the Jazz to be a compete sales lemon at that price point. Expect some hefty discounts from Honda in the short term on the Jazz.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:04   #38
BANNED

Am planning to book the new facelifted City & such posts only make me think twice. You should contemplate legal action; with the right lawyer these things get settled the right away - ofcourse coming from a family of lawyers (not me though) its easy for me to say it.. but believe me i have seen enough cases handled to vouch its true - if what you said is true, you have a real good case in hand - kindly dont take such attitude of the dealier lying down, you have paid your hard earned money for the car.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:22   #39
BHPian

IMHO Japanese are short people with big heads and even bigger sense of miserliness.

@f50xj13 It's all in the perception - You think your incident with Honda was funny post sales, in my case it was sloppy pre-sales service, that helped me buy a Linea.

Before a Linea I had a Black Honda City Gxi. Sold it off to buy a New Honda City. Sales people at Deccan Honda, Pune didn't bother too much and instead helped my buy a Linea
Old 16th September 2009, 16:48   #40
J.Ravi

Today I booked a new Fiat Linea 1.4 l petrol Emotion pack with Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore. Earlier, I had TD of ANHC seriously considering the newly launched new ANHC VMT version. But, the attitude of Honda dealership personnel and OTR price made me book in favour of Fiat Linea. Even after after paying Rs 10.6 lac for VMT version, we don't get climate control and spare alloy wheel [only spare steel wheel I was told]. A world-class product with silky smooth engine will be spoilt by Honda due to its wrong pricing.

Old 16th September 2009, 16:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today I booked a new Fiat Linea 1.4 l petrol Emotion pack with Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore. Earlier, I had TD of ANHC seriously considering the newly launched new ANHC VMT version. But, the attitude of Honda dealership personnel and OTR price made me book in favour of Fiat Linea. Even after after paying Rs 10.6 lac for VMT version, we don't get climate control and spare alloy wheel [only spare steel wheel I was told]. A world-class product with silky smooth engine will be spoilt by Honda due to its wrong pricing.
Hey Congrats Ravi,

Welcome to Fiat Linea Club.
you won't regret on selecting a Wonderful car.
Start a thread once you get delivered your car.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 16th September 2009, 17:02   #42
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hey Congrats Ravi,

Welcome to Fiat Linea Club.
you won't regret on selecting a Wonderful car.
Start a thread once you get delivered your car.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Hi aks_karthik,

Thanks a lot. I have been regularly following threads of you guys. I will definitely start my own thread after taking delivery of the vehicle. Thanks once again.

Old 16th September 2009, 17:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I booked a new Fiat Linea 1.4 l petrol Emotion pack with Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.
Congrats Ravi,
Glad you booked Linea and welcome to the club. VMT is 10.5 lakhs OTR, thats shocking news for me.
In April my Linea costed my 7.5 L OTR(insurance done by me saved 6k), thats a whopping 3 L diff.

Am interested in knowing the diff between both cars, no H badge and Fiat badge please. Just features or anything special?
As a Linea owner myself, completed 6 months and 4500 kms you will love the car. You had a TD na? Do start a new thread when you get delivery and update in I booked my car thread.
Old 16th September 2009, 17:24   #44
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats Ravi,
Glad you booked Linea and welcome to the club. VMT is 10.5 lakhs OTR, thats shocking news for me.
In April my Linea costed my 7.5 L OTR(insurance done by me saved 6k), thats a whopping 3 L diff.

Am interested in knowing the diff between both cars, no H badge and Fiat badge please. Just features or anything special?
As a Linea owner myself, completed 6 months and 4500 kms you will love the car. You had a TD na? Do start a new thread when you get delivery and update in I booked my car thread.
Hi coolboy007,

Thanks a lot. Definitely I will start a new thread after taking delivery of the vehicle. I had TD of ANHC and Fiat Linea [thrice!]. The speciality of ANHC is its powerful, silky smooth, yet fuel efficient engine. It has power of 118 PS as against 90 PS of Linea petrol. ANHC's rear seat comfort is also excellent. However, Fiat Linea has more features like climate control, Blue&Me, etc. which ANHC lacks. After weighing the pros and cons of both the cars, I finally selected Fiat Linea 1.4 l petrol Emotion Pack Medium Grey. So, the countdown has started for me! Thanks once again.

Old 16th September 2009, 17:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi coolboy007,After weighing the pros and cons of both the cars, I finally selected Fiat Linea 1.4 l petrol Emotion Pack Medium Grey. So, the countdown has started for me! Thanks once again.
Good to know that you bought your car acc to your preferences.
Medium grey- thats the first on our forum. Eagerly waiting for the pics, when is the expected date of delivery?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks