Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 05:50   #31

Congrats 4strings. Amazing buy!!

Post some pics after delivery and get ready to rule to roads. Will await an initial ownership review from you.

Cheers,
DJ
Old 25th September 2009, 23:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics ! Now please keep this thread updated

What was the final OTR price ? After Discounts ?

Is the price not 4.99 Lacs Ex Showroom right now ? I suppose after discounts and everything the car comes to an OTR price of 5.2 lacs in Gurgaon !! Now that is one hell of a price for this mini rocket !!
Old 26th September 2009, 00:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

@vkochar- the 4.99 offer was there in June and henceforth, but I guess this car was bought before that...
Old 26th September 2009, 00:26   #34
BHPian

Passion RED Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered and smoked 3000 kms

I should be pelted coz I am writing after 4 months of taking delivery of my Getz CRDi in Passion Red colour. I have been meaning to do this but I got lazy, decided it was time to pull up socks and pen it down.

Ill begin by stepping back a little -

End May 2009:

Car arrives in Stockyard, stuck there because of loan processing.

As suggested by many TBHP-ians I visited the stockyard in Bhiwandi (Long ride by 2 wheeler - was exhausted by the time I got back) to inspect the car personally. It helped in terms of the following:

1) Noted down the engine / chassis number and noted the kilometers
2) Checked thoroughly in exteriors and interiors, took pictures of all nooks and corners possible (Have posted some pics right below)
3) Took a small TD withing the stockyard premises and checked for any discrepancy
4) Dealer became a lot more conscious and alert after I gave him my report on the visit and told him what all I picked up
5) He took extra care in ensuring that the car is taken care of at the stockyard too ... at this point I was calling the dealer and the stockyard employee once a day

Pics from stockyard

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard1.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard2.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard3.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard4.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard5.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard6.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard7.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard8.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-stockyard9.jpg

June Mid : Delivery time

Accessories taken from the showroom (cut a deal for discounts)

1) Seat Covers PU Leather (Red + Black Combo) & Steering cover
2) Autocop with engine immobilizer - HGA
3) Sun Film - Garware - 40% dark / 60% visible : RTO approved
4) Anti Rust under body coating
5) Fog Lamps
6) 100 / 90 headlight assembly

Took a box of sweets and gift for the sales guy, small puja and off we drove ....

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-delivery1.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-delivery2.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-delivery3.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-delivery4.jpg

First things first - Tyre Upgrade:

Went to Saifee at Santacruz - the ride from Andheri to Santacruz on the stock tyres was not bad, nothing to talk about either. The road felt bumpy and the car felt a little off the ground beyond 60kmph and at turns.

Upgraded tyres on stock rims (no vitamin M for Alloys) - Bought 185 65/14 Yokohama A Drives.

Took about 30 mins to install + balance. The ride after that was almost unbelievable, it felt like we were sitting in a Sedan. There was almost no road noise, the car felt well grounded, this was definitely an upgrade.

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-yokos.jpg

Trip to Khandala on expressway (Sep '09):

This was the 1st time when we decided to do a small weekend trip to Khandala, also was the time to test out how fast this baby can go..

The odo read 2800km when we left from Mumbai on a Saturday evening. The ride from Panvel (expressway beginning) till Khopoli was smooth, was doing around 120 - 130. It started pouring then so had to slow down.

Went for a drive to Amby Valley road (ahead of Bushy Dam) on Sunday, the climate and the view was simply breathtaking near the Swayambu Shivling.
The winding hairpin bends in a couple of occasions tested the car for its handling, I would still say it felt bulky upfront while taking a sharp turn @ 50kmph ... so not very impressive there...

But the real adrenalin gushed during the trip back from Khandala to Vashi (which took about 45 mins only and the distance covered was approx 95km). We smoked almost every car that came our way, topped 180kmph and then slowed down because we ran out of road.

A Honda Civic tried to catch up, but we galloped away in less than 60 secs and the guy inside the Civic did not know what Smoked him. The feeling was almost incindiery, one has to drive this monster to believe it.

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-khandala1.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-khandala2.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-khandala3.jpg

Only hitch is no ABS and airbags.... this car reallly needs it. Also my FE with 90% AC on and 95% City has not crossed 12.5, which is a little concerning.
I haven't got out of the habit of shifting gears very frequently, sometimes the car just doesn't respond when its in bumper-bumper traffic and when you try to push it on the 2nd gear. Only way to do it would be half clutch which I have stayed away from so far.

Although the car has been baptized with a few scratches and a dent, it brings a big smile on my face when I get behind the wheel.

Stats:

OTR - 6.3 L (Missed the big discount, but got the above accessories)
Odo - 3200km
F.E. - 12.5kmpl
1st Service - Free (Odo 1540km)

Claimed my insurance in my 1st service because my front windshield popped because a small stone hit it sometime back leaving a big crack on the co driver's side . Cost me 1900 bucks, the rest was borne by insurance agency. Have effectively lost no claim bonus but the math worked out anyways.

Pics of Interiors:

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-interiors1.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-interiors2.jpg

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-interiors3.jpg

ICE:

Got a basic yet nice sounding setup, details in the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...red+rocket+ice

Apologies once again for having procrastinated endlessly on the update.

Mods could you please change the title of the thread to - Passion RED Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered (3000km Update). Also kindly delete previous post as requested through the form.
Old 26th September 2009, 02:24   #35
aZa
Senior - BHPian

4strings ... Great report! Congrats on the pocket rocket!
Old 26th September 2009, 09:46   #36
BHPian

Congrats. Where are the pics?
Old 26th September 2009, 11:11   #37
BHPian

@ aZa, Klever, vkochar - Thanks.

The pics are right up there, hope you can see all of them. If not then please let me know.

@ Mods, as requested kindly change the thread topic & delete the earlier post of the 3000km ownership report. Thank you.
Old 26th September 2009, 13:23   #38
BHPian

4strings, the car looks awesome, both from outside and inside. Take good care of it.
Old 26th September 2009, 21:42   #39
BHPian

Nice interiors there . The dual tone looks great

Shyam
Old 1st January 2010, 15:25   #40
BHPian

excellent report! So, when are the tuning chips coming in?
Old 5th January 2011, 15:04   #41
BHPian

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT : Minor Performance Upgrade ...

Just wanted to update on a minor performance upgrade at the end of 19,000 kms (will follow up with a long term report soon).

Got a replacement K&N air filter for 4.8k immediately after the 5th service. Don't plan for an RD or Petes box in the immediate horizon so felt this is the best bet for the interim,.

The installation was nothing difficult really, had to just replace the existing filter and the K&N slipped in seamlessly.

On performance - the car surges ahead with a sense of urgency and there is a visible 15 - 20% difference in the pickup. Haven't had the chance to go berserk with her yet since the install is about a day old only.

Will cover a detailed update once I cover my long term report.

Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update-kn_replacement_filter_getz_crdi.jpg
Old 5th January 2011, 18:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passion Red Getz CRDi VGT - Now Delivered : 3000km Update

Congrats on the mod

Did you feel that the Diesel clatter got more prominent after the K&N? I felt so in my ride. And how come only 19k ?
Old 6th January 2011, 14:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Congrats on the mod

Did you feel that the Diesel clatter got more prominent after the K&N? I felt so in my ride. And how come only 19k ?
Thanks @ph03n!x

Yes, I did feel the clatter go up a bit, but that's only when the engine is cold, otherwise it settles in and with AC & ICE in full blast I couldn't care much

Oh and about the 19k bit, the deal is most of my running is in the city, but the occasional drives on the highway is extremely enjoyable on the rocket.

I also did feel that the turbo kicking in at around 1700 RPM has become more noticeable, is it the same with you ?
Old 7th January 2011, 01:14   #44
Senior - BHPian

Actually, the turbo kicking in should NOT be prominent - the stock replacement imp[roves the bottom-end a bit, reducing the turbo-lag. I suggest you disconnect the battery overnight to clear the ECU's custom maps, and drive the car in your favorite style for 50 - 100 KM. A full tank on Shell Regular Diesel is also recommended while you are doing this, though it comes at about 8 bucks higher than PSU now!!!

By favorite style, this is what I mean: If you are a fuel efficiency conscious driver, drive it sedately for the first 50 - 100 KM (shifting up at 1800 ~ 2000 RPM, getting to 5th at 6o KMPH). If you want the adrenaline rush all the time, drive the car like you have just stolen it and the real owner is chasing you That way, the ECU will create a very aggressive map for you, and you can have a blast!
Old 24th March 2011, 13:18   #45
BHPian

Hey buddy spotted your ride yesterday evening while i was passing Hub Goregaon, I tried clicking a pic and catching up but could not do so because of traffic!

Do you travel by that route often? Also do you stay nearby?

Would love to meet you in person!

PS: Please update your thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks