Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 21:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

I never said they are white, but white-er

the fact that they have used blue tinting in the glass means that some amount of light is sacrificed for appearance.
If one doesnt want even the slightest hint of bling, and prefers the maximum output, better to go with a completely transparent bulb
Old 9th July 2009, 00:39   #47
BHPian

I never wanted to update this thread this soon but i just had vent out my frustration. Let the pics do the talking.

This is what happened on the Gazipur Red Light yesterday at 1:00 PM. I was waiting for my light to turn to green when this happened. The driver apologized but refused to pay any sort of damages and so did his company in whose name the truck was registered. The real fault was not of driver's but his helper's as that area is really crowded cause of the flyover being made there and his helper could not spot my car :@.

I called in the PCR and the truck was taken to the nearby police station which was released today after being issued a challan today morning. Also this is the first scratch on my car which has barely done 3300Kms on the Odo. I have given the car for the repairs to my neighbor who has a reputed workshop in gaziabad and the door needs to be changed. The cost which i would have to bear is around Rs 500 but my no claim bonus goes for a toss with this. He has promised me a good job and i have given my car to him as i trust him and secondly i got my car insured through him only.

Finally the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
A Swift VDi story. 11,000 km update @ post 55-07072009036.jpg  

A Swift VDi story. 11,000 km update @ post 55-07072009037.jpg  

A Swift VDi story. 11,000 km update @ post 55-07072009038.jpg  

A Swift VDi story. 11,000 km update @ post 55-07072009039.jpg  

A Swift VDi story. 11,000 km update @ post 55-07072009040.jpg  

A Swift VDi story. 11,000 km update @ post 55-07072009043.jpg  

Old 9th July 2009, 00:46   #48
BHPian

That must have hurt!
I am well versed with this Ghazipur area. Too much of chaos due to the construction of flyover. Hope to see your car back in shape soon!
Old 9th July 2009, 08:00   #49
BHPian

Sorry for both you and your car switch. Hope to see your car back shape soon. All the best.
Old 9th July 2009, 08:12   #50
BHPian

I know how it feels to get hurt with that one. I have experienced the same on my swift. But this just take it as a learning lesson and plan to be prepared for others mistakes. Thats what i have been doing after going through such an incident. Mine was lil more gruesome, but some how i came out of it and car is running perfectly fine now.
Old 9th July 2009, 08:23   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Commiserations.....hurts to see a car banged like that.
On secondary note not being judgemental but it seems from pics you were cutting in from left?? IAC driver is supposed to drive and not the cleaner.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:15   #52
BHPian

Well i was stationary on the red light to be exact. The driver rammed into the car and then tried to reverse but stopped in time so only the door was damaged and not the pillar/body. Also if you notice the bumper of the truck its kinda smashed and protruding out which has damaged the door in such a way that gives the impression that i tried cutting but in reality i was standing still. Also the car standing in such a position before the accident cause there were two wheelers who were trying to get to the front row from my left hence i had shifted towards the right so that they don't scratch the car or the side mirror while performing their stunts to reach to the first row. Sometimes pics can be a little deceiving :(.

Last edited by Switch : 9th July 2009 at 12:21.
Old 12th July 2009, 03:25   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Commiserations.....hurts to see a car banged like that.
On secondary note not being judgemental but it seems from pics you were cutting in from left?? IAC driver is supposed to drive and not the cleaner.
I agree. It looks you were in front of him from wrong side .Also you said he was reversing after hitting ,i look at the tyres and they show truck was moving into your car in reverse gear (Pretty inconsistent/illogical).
As per me he just tried to save your vehicle from more damages by turning the wheel away from you which also explains the position of truck tyres an dent pattern on truck bumper and your car.Also as i seen from the bent bumper of truck it hit your while going forward as is also confirmed by marks on your car .And last confirmation comes from position of your tyres away from the direction you intended on going.

Anyways hope you car is spot free soon.

Drive Responsibly.Drive Safe.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 12th July 2009 at 03:33.
Old 1st August 2009, 13:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I agree. It looks you were in front of him from wrong side .Also you said he was reversing after hitting ,i look at the tyres and they show truck was moving into your car in reverse gear (Pretty inconsistent/illogical).
As per me he just tried to save your vehicle from more damages by turning the wheel away from you which also explains the position of truck tyres an dent pattern on truck bumper and your car.Also as i seen from the bent bumper of truck it hit your while going forward as is also confirmed by marks on your car .And last confirmation comes from position of your tyres away from the direction you intended on going.

Anyways hope you car is spot free soon.

Drive Responsibly.Drive Safe.
As i said i was stationary when the truck hit me. And as for the pics they were taken almost after 10 mins of the incident. The door was such badly damaged that the truck had to be reversed with an angle so that not further damaged is caused to the other panels of the car. The same can be verified by looking at the trucks bumper.

Anyways i consider myself to be a responsible and safe driver. I would have not hesitated to accept my mistake had it been committed by me. Also even after the incident i didn't lose my patience and kept it cool. Never raised my voice or tried to abuse the truck driver. He also accepted his mistake in "full".

Though now the car is fixed and it costed me almost 500 bucks + my NCB but i had few other issues which have cropped up due to the same incident for which i would be using my next post as a 4000+KM update/report.
Old 4th December 2009, 20:37   #55
BHPian

In just over 7 months i have covered about 11000 Kms in my Swift D and i guess its time i put down my experience with my machine. The car was mostly driven in NCR mainly Noida with a exception of a small trip to Masoorie in the beginning of November. I have loads and loads of things to write about my car but i would like to be as brief as possible.

The Bad first:
The car has loads of shortcomings. Rear Visibility is poor, A-pillars create a huge blind-spot and car's body feels like a tin can not to mention that the quality of paint job is below par and is prone to scratches(Though this could be cause of the white color too). Finally the rattling. And these are the glitches which everybody faces with their swift's. I have some more apart from these.

FE: This would be a little surprise for everybody but i have to mention this. My cars FE has not been up-to-mark. I have been getting an avg FE of about 14Kmpl and and occasional of 15Kmpl calculated always by the full-empty-full tank method. My driving style is not at all aggressive and i don't drive in bumper to bumper traffic though most of my trips are of short distances averaging 2-7 Kms.

White smoke: I was hit by this phenomenon after my second service and it took me almost 5000Kms to get a remedy for the same. The car used to lose all its power on speeds above 90Kmph and white smoke used to come from the rear exhaust. The same thing happens when car was made to climb step flyovers. I studied a lot about the same on TBHP and found out its a typical case of water in the inter cooler. I asked the inter cooler to be thoroughly cleaned when i gave the car for my third service to my service adviser who claimed that the same was taken care of during the third service. i could not check the same during the delivery as it was late in the evening and service center was closing down. Next morning i had to leave for Masoorie and during this journey i found that the car was still acting funny. I only know how difficult it was to drive the car up in the Masoorie hills with this problem. Though when i came back from the trip the customer care of the service center called up for a feedback and i reported the same problem to them and they picked up the car from my place and this time it seems like they have fixed this problem.

Deteriorating turbo punch/ Turbo not kicking at 2000 RPM's: This i have felt just recently when the car came back from the service center after they cleaned the inter cooler. The turbo puch has somewhat died and the turbo kicks it only after 2700 RPM. Also there seems to be something funny with the front right tyre. It makes a ratteling noise whenever car hit a small pathole. A rattling kinda noise. I now have to get these two checked.

The Good Part:
This car is a looker. I mean i still can sit and admire my car for hours. I just love the car for its looks. It is powerful enough on highways yet great for city driving. Though parking the car is a bit tough cause of rear visibility and wider stance but you can still get it just about anywhere. It has got a good ground clearance. Seats are quite comfortable for long drives and the car feels raring to go even after you have been driving it for straight 10 hours. All in all the DDIS engine makes up for all the small drawbacks weather it be small storage space in the car or for a small boot or even for the small legroom for the rear passengers.

Till now my journey with the car has been okey. I just love the way car looks but day by day i am finding it difficult to keep it that way cause of the average paint job. The car engine is a killer engine but first the white smoke issue and now the diminishing turbo kick is making me think otherwise.

I will post back again on 15000 Kms. Hopefully by then i would be able to rectify all the niggling issues with the car. In the meantime can anybody suggest me a good service center in Noida. Till now all my services has been carried by MotoCraft in Sec 8 Noida. Though they are good but i can always try somebody else.

P.S. Here are few pics of the beauty. And yes that my son.
Attached Thumbnails
A Swift VDi story. 11,000 km update @ post 55-03112009162-large.jpg  

A Swift VDi story. 11,000 km update @ post 55-picture-168-large.jpg  

Old 4th December 2009, 20:47   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Though parking the car is a bit tough cause of rear visibility and wider stance
This is a common issue, not only in swift but many others including largers cars) but can be over come with practice of using OVRM's for backing up. I recommend that find an empty parking lot and test it out. With practise you can end up parking in places where even you could not while looking out or with outside assist.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks