Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 15:03   #16
BHPian

Congrats dude.

Yes there is the toughest competition between 7 series and S class.

just went through the car review section on Team BHP home page. It mentioned S class the best sedan in the world.
Old 6th May 2009, 16:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Congrats dude.

Yes there is the toughest competition between 7 series and S class.

just went through the car review section on Team BHP home page. It mentioned S class the best sedan in the world.
Cheers Man,

I saw the S class as well, it's amazing but the 7 series has more fancy tech as standard !! Also the 7 has a sportier look, which I really like, while S boasts a more elegant look (which is great as well, but as a personal choice I like the 7). One other major factor which made us go for the 7, is that my father's E class is a real pain because every time it goes in for a service, they always inform us that a part needs to be replaced !!
Old 8th May 2009, 22:15   #18
BHPian

Guys I Need Immediate Help !!

My Dad Found Out That The 7 Series Does Not Have A Spare Wheel And He Is Shocked And Is On The Verge Of Canceling The Car.

So It Is Possible To Buy A Space Saver Wheel And Possible To Fit It Somehow In The Boot.

I Think That It Is Not But Please Do Let Me Know.

Omar
Old 8th May 2009, 22:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post

My Dad Found Out That The 7 Series Does Not Have A Spare Wheel And He Is Shocked And Is On The Verge Of Canceling The Car.

So It Is Possible To Buy A Space Saver Wheel And Possible To Fit It Somehow In The Boot.

Omar
Hi Omar,

All the Beemers come with Runflat Tyres, so there is no spare wheel.

Where as if you go for a tyre change for all 4 tyres at the first place, you will have to buy the 5th rim & tyre, i think i read this information on Sahil's BMW 5 Series Ownership thread.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 8th May 2009 at 22:47.
Old 8th May 2009, 22:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Omar
IMO, lack of spare wheel is not a reason to cancel the car

As mentioned it comes with run-flats, and also in india a tyrewallah is never far!

cheers
Old 8th May 2009, 23:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

why not consider the s320 if you dont want the beemer.
Old 8th May 2009, 23:26   #22
BHPian

NO NO NO !! I am sure he will not cancel it. I hope so !! But still you know how dads are

And I don't want to go for the S class

So does anybody has any idea if a space saver wheel be stuffed in the boot

Also are these run flat gyres repairable like tubeless ? Because it won't be possible to take the tyre to the BMW CENTER in Delhi at short notice because I am in Agra
Old 8th May 2009, 23:51   #23
BHPian

Omar,congrats on the purchase of such a beautiful car.AFAIK most of these luxury cars wont give the spare wheel.they give a temporary wheel and an automatic air pump,we must not exceed 80 kmph while this tyre on use.its just a temporary tyre.what is the colour of your new car ? i have an azurite metallic black 730 Ld.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:33   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The new 7 has the looks to die for; I haven't driven one properly yet
Status changed with a 9 km test in a 750!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
My choice is the 7 series, but for comfort, the S-Class is supreme. Forget the S-Class, the 7 series does not match the ride quality of even the E Class. You can "feel the road" (undulations et al) in a 7.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Status changed with a 9 km test in a 750!

My choice is the 7 series, but for comfort, the S-Class is supreme. Forget the S-Class, the 7 series does not match the ride quality of even the E Class. You can "feel the road" (undulations et al) in a 7.
The ride quality suffers due to the Runflats, it is the case with all Beemers & has been reported in quite a few reviews by our auto journalists.

Upgrade of the tyres would aid greatly to the ride quality.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:15   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The ride quality suffers due to the Runflats, it is the case with all Beemers & has been reported in quite a few reviews by our auto journalists.
While I agree that regular tyres would improve matters, they still wouldn't get to Mercedes levels. The BMW's stiff ride is the result of the way that the suspension is set up as well (driver-oriented). Case in point : A back to back test on a 5 series running regular rubber, and an E Class. The E won the comfort stages "comfortably".
Old 10th May 2009, 10:17   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Also are these run flat gyres repairable like tubeless ? Because it won't be possible to take the tyre to the BMW CENTER in Delhi at short notice because I am in Agra
Yes Omar. Runflats are repairable just like normal tubeless radials. If you get a sidewall cut, then no point in spending on repairing the tyre. It won't help. [Refer: Runflat thread on team bhp.]

For punctures & tread damage, rest assured that you can repair Runflats. And they will turn out to be a safer bet than normal tubeless radials. Why? Because, in case of blow out/repair giving away, you still have the stiff sidewalls supporting the tyre. Simply put, I'd risk my car/life on a repaired runflat than on a repaired normal tubeless radial.
Old 10th May 2009, 12:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Yes Omar. Runflats are repairable just like normal tubeless radials. If you get a sidewall cut, then no point in spending on repairing the tyre. It won't help. [Refer: Runflat thread on team bhp.]

For punctures & tread damage, rest assured that you can repair Runflats. And they will turn out to be a safer bet than normal tubeless radials. Why? Because, in case of blow out/repair giving away, you still have the stiff sidewalls supporting the tyre. Simply put, I'd risk my car/life on a repaired runflat than on a repaired normal tubeless radial.
Thanks man, now just to fight with Bird Automotive and ask them to include the space saver for free !!
Old 30th May 2009, 06:51   #29
BHPian

Bump !

Did you get your 730Ld friend ?
Old 30th May 2009, 15:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
Bump !

Did you get your 730Ld friend ?
Yup !! Expected delivery 1st week of July

Most Viewed