Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2017, 18:01   #1591
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
How was the mirror removed? Is it twist type or pull down type or screws holding the mirrors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IIRC the IRVM is held by screws behind the plastic cap.
Thats right, The Plastic cap is pull out type and within it there are a set of screws
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 19:43   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
After almost 7 years of blissful ownership and many great memories with my Ritz, it's finally time to say goodbye to it, with a mixed emotions. I have put it up for sale and the TBHP classified ad is here:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/55980/

It lacked safety (Airbags were not available even as an option on the diesel variant when I bought the car), and had the limitations of the tall-boy handling characteristics and the laggy, bunched up power delivery of the MJD engine, but it was one heck of a car to drive nevertheless. I still miss the comfortable seating, there was absolutely no fatigue felt after driving the whole day and it just felt like sitting in one's favorite armchair. The controls were light and precise and it was the best built Maruti of it's generation. The steering is a lot better than Maruti's current generation cars and so is the ride quality. There is a lot that Maruti got right with that car, too bad that our market is driven by looks and herd mentality and the model was only a modest success when it should have been a bestseller.

Rightly said. this is a far better car compared to the Swift in terms of practicality and comfort and VFM. I still feel this is a better car amongst the Maruti hatchback with power, styling, comfort and practicality. The best feature I feel is the NVH levels in the Petrol version is so low that you can't hear anything from outside and mistake the engine is off at traffic light and you will end up cranking the engine. Best part is this car has a good night time visibility in the streets or highway compared to other hatchbacks of Maruti because of it unique tail light design. I personally feel this made the car different from others. Unlike the swift which is also sold as desire and Baleno now. The looks are almost same in the low or mid versions of the Baleno and you can mistake it for swift unless you observe of the sheer size of it. I had a colleague who repented selling his Ritz for i10 and regretted his decision later. He sold the i10 as well and considered buying the Ritz and by then the production of new Ritz had been stopped and its available only for VXI and cabs and not for general people.

I owned a ZXI in 2013 and it was the best first car ever. Still feel I can buy one. Don't understand the herd mentality of our people, its like my neighbour buys a Swift/i10 so will I instead of actually trying to consider whether the car meets our needs of comfort and practicality etc.,. Maruti should have ideally stopped the Swift which I feel is overrated and doesn't deserve being sold for more than 10 years now. So bored of seeing it everywhere, I had about 23 swifts parked in a residential lane. (only my opinion) swift lovers ignore. Ritz lovers will understand.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 18:49   #1593
BANNED

My Ritz ZDi's Glove compartment door is stuck.

Is there any option to open it without taking it to the service center?
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 20:48   #1594
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

The lock's lever is broken. I've had two such breaks in the the last 8 yrs of ownership. No option but to insert a screwdriver to open it, while scratching the area of the lock and then putting in a new lock/ lever.
SLK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:11   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
The lock's lever is broken. I've had two such breaks in the the last 8 yrs of ownership. No option but to insert a screwdriver to open it, while scratching the area of the lock and then putting in a new lock/ lever.
i faced the same issue two months back(Ritz VXi Genus Nov 2010), a new lock would cost you around 150 rupees, No other option but to pry it open with the help of a screwdriver
Old 8th September 2017, 11:25   #1596
BHPian

Came back from a 1600 KM drive(Bangalore-Wayanad-Athirapally-Kochi-Allapuzza-Varkala-Bangalore). The car performed flawlessly as always and gave a mileage of 17 overall which is amazing considering it is a 70k km run non-VTVT 2010 model.

2 things that happened 2 days before the trip which i wanted to bring to your all notice:

1. The car got into a ditch(front right side tyre) during the infamous Bangalore rains 2 weeks back near KR puram and it could only come out after revving and slipping my clutch(led to a strong burning smell). I am afraid i have burnt my 10k km old clutch, it has become a bit hard now. Any solution to this, should i change the clutch cable and see if that helps.

2. The car had to pass through a heavily waterlogged area and floated for a wee bit while crossing, however, the engine dint stall and i was able to pass without any problems whatsoever but still should i get the car checked. The car is working as before(went on a 1600 km trip one day after this happened)

Also, i feel that the engine noise has increased nowadays. Is it due to the fact that the engine belt would have hardened over time. When should it be replaced. My service is due in 1k kms. Should i get it changed now. What else should be looked into the 70k service.

Here is a pic of the Ritzy posing at the resort at Varkala
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritz-posing.jpg  

Old 12th September 2017, 12:39   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
The car got into a ditch(front right side tyre) during the infamous Bangalore rains 2 weeks back near KR puram and it could only come out after revving and slipping my clutch(led to a strong burning smell). I am afraid i have burnt my 10k km old clutch, it has become a bit hard now. Any solution to this, should i change the clutch cable and see if that helps.
This is more or less 70% fixed with some spraying and clutch adjusting at Bimal Whitefield, They dint charge me anything for it. Next Service due after 1k kms
Old 15th November 2017, 16:15   #1598
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Though I should share this to the bigger community.
Last day I had an early morning drive planned , waked up early , searched for car key only to realize that I had forget to take the key from car last night and the same was there in key cylinder with all accessories turned on. No guess here, battery was drained and I can’t start the car. Though of all options from taking it with local mechanic for arranging a spare battery to jump start.
Finally I thought will try Maruti call center for roadside assistance and I made a call by 6:30 AM, Voila !! call was picked instantly by customer care executive and location & vehicle details where shared. Received an SMS with Popular Angamaly being assigned as the service provider and with minutes received a call from their representative, and shared the address details with them.

I was expecting they will take their own sweet time to reach my house and since it was early dawn though will go for a walk. But in 20 minutes I received a call where in the caller mentioned they are from popular Angamaly and they on their way to my house , I requested them to hold on and start 15 minutes later since I was not there in my home.
Later by around 8:00 AM they came with jumper cables and spare battery and started connecting the jumper cable to my car. In between I received a call from Maruti to rate how good was the experience and I said currently the work is still going on , and I fully satisfied with work done till now.

Later I received a call from Service Head for popular Maruti and he asked if the technicians arrived late, for which I answered it was on my request they delayed and I explained the situation. He told he received an escalation from Maruti stating the technical team has reached venue late and the defined SLA was 29 minutes for my case considering the distance between my location and service center. WOW, what feeling it was , when you realize how much as a customer Maruti values you.

I am not denying the fact the service cost for Maruti have multiplied over last few years but instances like above makes you a repeated customer for Maruti

Last edited by speedgun : 15th November 2017 at 16:22.
speedgun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 18:05   #1599
BHPian

My Ritz VDi ABS has been munching miles very slowly (52K kms in 5.5 years)

What would be the total service cost for 60K kms service and could someone please share the latest bill copy?

Thanks in advance!
Old 15th November 2017, 18:30   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
R this is a far better car compared to the Swift in terms of practicality and comfort and VFM. I still feel this is a better car amongst the Maruti hatchback with power, styling, comfort and practicality.
I owned a Ritz diesel and Swift petrol for 4.5 years (currently only the Swift Petrol) and the Ritz is better than the Swift. Notice that the weight of the Ritz is also higher than the Swift and it is actually a much better built car with a great driving position
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 14:37   #1601
BHPian

Calling out Ritz petrol owners for help. I have a ZXI model which has clocked around 40k kms. Whenever the car is driven at 3 digit speeds, I get a faint burning smell (like burnt toast) from the AC vents (AC is working). If I reduce speed to below 100, the smell vanishes. The car otherwise runs beautifully, does not emit excess smoke. MASS is unable to find the root of the problem. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and has a solution to offer?
Old 30th December 2017, 15:36   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Calling out Ritz petrol owners for help. I have a ZXI model which has clocked around 40k kms. Whenever the car is driven at 3 digit speeds, I get a faint burning smell (like burnt toast) from the AC vents (AC is working). If I reduce speed to below 100, the smell vanishes. The car otherwise runs beautifully, does not emit excess smoke. MASS is unable to find the root of the problem. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and has a solution to offer?
The Ritz does not come with an AC filter as standard, maybe your car does not have it or hasn't been replaced in a long time, do try that.
Or else, it can be the recirculation mode, try switching it on/off once.
Old 30th December 2017, 16:08   #1603
BHPian

The AC filter has been replaced in the last service. I think something is heating up when the car is at high speed. Below speed of 100 there is no smell.
Old 31st December 2017, 11:54   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
The AC filter has been replaced in the last service. I think something is heating up when the car is at high speed. Below speed of 100 there is no smell.
Get the car checked​ immediately then, only thing that comes to mind.
Tyre smell, maybe.In case your car is still riding on stock JK's
Old 5th February 2018, 15:57   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
My Ritz VDi ABS has been munching miles very slowly (52K kms in 5.5 years)

What would be the total service cost for 60K kms service and could someone please share the latest bill copy?

Thanks in advance!
I got the 60K service done at MSM last month and the total bill amount was Rs 13K (including EGR cleaning).

For the last 2 days, I'm hearing a thud/clink clank noise from the front wheels when I negotiate pot holes.

What could be the culprit? Link Rod (or) Shocks?

Can someone help?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks