Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 12:26   #1666
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Bad wheel bearings, replace them
Thanks boniver. Took it to a nearby workshop and they said the same thing. Front wheel is getting new bearings. However they made a mistake by getting the non ABS version of bearings and now my car is stuck there till Monday when the lathe will reopen and they can swap the bearings with the right one.
Old 13th December 2022, 10:06   #1667
BHPian

Update - got the car back from the workshop. They changed both front wheel bearings. The noise has reduced quite a bit. However there is still a hum when I drive. They said they didn't think rear wheel bearings were the cause, because they lifted it up and let the wheel roll freely, and there were no indications of wear. They said it could be the new tyres - asked me to give it some time. I had just changed all four tyres to Yoko Earth 1 a few days back. I read that Yoko Earth 1's were on the louder side, but I am coming from very pedestrian tyres myself - JK Taximax and Apollo Amazer 4G. I figured Yokos would be quieter in comparison. On the other hand, the new tyres have barely 20 km on them. I'm planning to wait and watch. Perhaps the noise will get better once the new tyres are broken in?
Old 31st January 2023, 13:40   #1668
BHPian

Hi folks!
I've been driving a Brezza VDI (AMT) that's temporary in my possession. I could be wrong, but it felt like my Ritz was more sprightly when it comes to overtaking on single lane highways. Even after accounting for AMT delays by pre-shifting into the right gear manually before starting the pass, it's my experience that there's less gap between myself and the vehicle that I passed when I merge back into lane after overtaking. The gearing itself is generally much taller in Brezza, so much so that I find 5th gear woefully inadequate on Kerala highways; Ritz can go very quickly from 70kph to 95kph in 5th gear, which gives me enough speed to safely pass the vehicle in the front and put some distance between them before merging back into the lane. But to do the same thing in a Brezza, I find that I need to rely on that car's improved top-end in 3rd gear or so, and top end is much better on the Brezza compared to Ritz.
Old 2nd April 2023, 09:52   #1669
BHPian

Just thought if this helps someone. I had done timing chain replacement of my Ritz vdi at 9 years and 105000 km mark. Entire timing chain assembly is replaced and not just the chain. See the detailed bill attached. During this replacement, service advisor noticed problem with Alternator and asked me to show this to Electrical mechanic. When checked with Electrician, he said Alternator is fine but there is a play in Alternator pulley and advised me to replace it. The timing chain replacement along with 10k service expenditure was Rs 14500 and Alternator pulley replacement expenditure was Rs 3000 along with labour. I was really surprised to see Innova name mentioned on the pulley box. The car is trouble free and reliable as always after this. Done Akola - Pune and Pune - Daman - Anand - Pune trips after this with no problem at all. Only advice from service advisor after this work was, treat the engine as new and accelerate gradually. Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20221126_120700.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20221028_153616.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20221126_120712.jpg  

Last edited by CarWorld : 2nd April 2023 at 10:01. Reason: Added more information
CarWorld is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:37   #1670
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWorld View Post
Just thought if this helps someone. I had done timing chain replacement of my Ritz vdi at 9 years and 105000 km mark. Entire timing chain assembly is replaced and not just the chain.
Is there any reason for the timing chain replacement? I've seen Ritz with more than 1.8L KMS without any timing chain replacements.
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:53   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is there any reason for the timing chain replacement? I've seen Ritz with more than 1.8L KMS without any timing chain replacements.
No, done it voluntarily. Recommended chain replacement is between 1L to 1.2L kms. If chain gets snapped it can cause severe damage to many components as mentioned by other users on this forum so I decided not to take any chance. After these 2 repairs, my service advisor said, car is now ready for another 1L km and I can even take it to J&K and Ladakh and he will accompany me. So overall I am contented with these repairs.
CarWorld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 13:07   #1672
BHPian

Is there a way this bit of plastic can be stuck back in its place? I have a bit of the plastic that fell off.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20230402-13.05.48.jpg  

Old 6th September 2023, 19:34   #1673
BHPian

I have another update on my Ritz vdi. It has gone for annual servicing at 116000 km mark. Maruti authorised showroom bill was Rs 8600/- for this. The bothering point they mentioned is steering rack problem and the replacement estimated cost will be approx 40k. I denied the work there and thought to get it inspected at an independent garage. First short inspection there and they also mentioned the steering rack problem but they had given option to repair it at 20 percent cost of the replacement. I again thought to borrow some time, driven the car for 200 kms and observed the noise points. I was strongly suspecting front suspension problem than steering rack. The noise was louder while going over rough roads. I again visited the same garage, told my observations and the advisor did second inspection. Now he clearly identified problems with front suspension. He advised to replace link rods, balance rod bush, lower arms, tie rod ends, ball joints and finally did wheel alignment and balancing. The total cost with labour came out to be Rs 10500/- I am extremely happy with the results as the noise is completely gone and the vehicle feels like new while driving over rough roads. My liking for the Ritz continues and hoping to achieve 150k kms on odometer now sometime in future :-) Thanks for reading. Here is the image of original and replaced parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img20230906wa0030.jpg  

Last edited by CarWorld : 6th September 2023 at 19:37. Reason: Spelling mistake
CarWorld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 14:19   #1674
BHPian

Hi all,

Writing to seek help with a peculiar sound on our Maruti Ritz Vxi 2009.

There's a loud metal creaking noise coming from the rear of the car (similar to what you'd hear when you open the doors of an old metal cupboard ) that I have observed, mostly in the following two situations:

1. When the brake is depressed partially while reversing
2. Whenever there's a slight rollback when moving from stand-still, before moving forward

The sound is also difficult to reproduce as the sound comes only ~10% of the times. Please suggest what might be the possible reasons for this sound, and how easy/ difficult it might be to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks