Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 10:17   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
Will it be worthy to consider Ritz now or should we wait and watch for discounts for it!!
Going by Maruti's performance in most of the models - discounts are a distnt dream.
Dzire 1+ year
Swift 4+ years...
still going strong...
Old 16th May 2009, 10:19   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamshi_v View Post
Will Fuel efficiency of Ritz is better than Kappa?
i believe they should be at par.
and if you drive more than 3000 kms a month will the fuel bill be drastically different.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:05   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I absolutely hate the shape of this thing. There is no purpose to styling, typically japanese way of styling a car, you like it, you buy it, time passes and you forget about it.
I think they took their cues for the back from the Renault Megane or the failed Avantime.
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-800pxrenaultmeganeimg_1907.jpg

Cant really fault them as the Megane was a success.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:09   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
I think they took their cues for the back from the Renault Megane or the failed Avantime.
Attachment 136890

Cant really fault them as the Megane was a success.
Oh no, not this again!

This was the car that I had mentioned in the forum, sometime back, on the sighting at Singapore!

Wow! I thought it was bad in flesh. The photos is even worse!!!
Old 16th May 2009, 11:15   #260
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review. Ugly rear & interior fabric. This is bound to eat into the Swift's sales. If someone were to use better rims & wider rubber, the effect should be substantial improvement over stock !!

Wonder when - if at all, will MUL start making asthetically pleasing cars ?? The Grand Vitara is by far the best looking of the stable, followed by the Swift. All the others are a no go in the looks department.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 16th May 2009 at 11:17.
Old 16th May 2009, 12:07   #261
BHPian

Just perfect review...!

Just perfect review...! 10/10.

Hope maruti provide ABS on top diesel variant.
Old 16th May 2009, 14:12   #262
BHPian

Quote:
doubt it! engine power being the same and Ritz being 200+kg heavier..

I just checked the specs
Hyundai kappa - 1197 cc - 80 ps
Maruti KB12 - 1197 cc - 85 ps (DEFINATELY NOT SAME POWER)

the suzuki has lived up to its heritage of rev-happy engines... and since it belongs to the same KB series engine family as the A-Star, i dont think mileage should be an issue here.. thionk the ARAI says 17.7kmpl .

(i think maruti has taken a lead here in publishing the ARAI (GOVT. ORG) certified mileage figures for their cars, not those typical automagazine figures as used by other manufacturers... i have serious doubt in all their car of the year COTY decisions. This shows the confidence that maruti has in its products)
Old 16th May 2009, 15:23   #263
BHPian

Look wise IMO Ritz is one of the worst looking car produced by maruti ever.

Seems to be somebody have hit from behind with a big rode.
Old 16th May 2009, 16:09   #264
BHPian

Does not make sense to the practical minded

Quote:
Looked up the pricing of Ritz launched today. It is priced 28K more than Magna 1.2 !! Also feature wise comparison, they are almost same (doing the carwale comparison actually Magna turns out to be a better bargain). though Ritz is definetly a slightly bigger car, does it actually deserve the 28K more!!
When I had spoken to a Hyundai dealer earlier this month he had offered for I10 Era, Insurance discound and about 8-10K cash discount (or a sound system with front two speakers free) plus the mats and mud flaps etc!! So I can consider atleast the same for Magna too atleast.
Will it be worthy to consider Ritz now or should we wait and watch for discounts for it!!
Very True!
Ritx Vxi is 4.37L in Mumbai. Adding the cost of a good basic music system + speakers at about 15K + approx 50K for registration and insurance,
it's about 5.02 lacs on-the-road for the petrol Ritz Vxi!

You can pick up a top-end Vista Aura Quadrajet in Mumbai for 5.25 OTR (insurance discount and corporate discounts).

Much more room than the Ritz, with the brilliant diesel Quadrajet.

And it has features lots of features that Ritz Vxi does not have:
  1. Tilt Steering,
  2. parcel tray,
  3. Seat height adjuster,
  4. rear window defogger,
  5. rear window wiper+washer,
  6. adjustable lumbar support,
  7. body color outside door handles + outside mirrors
Just about 20K more.

So, if you want a small premium hatch, you have i10 (with much better interior quality than Maruti cars).
And, if want a large, spacious hatch, which also happens to be a very economical and smooth diesel, you have Vista Quadrajet.

Swift sells for sporty style - doesn't need to be make sense in the VFM equation. Ritz is supposed to be a family hatch for practical minded people (the original WagonR segment). I think it will have problems after the initial sales.
Of course, Maruti can always create a waiting list and create a hype.
------
Note to moderator: Lost net connection in the middle of post. So, you may get two of these posts.
Old 16th May 2009, 16:25   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesh.b View Post
Going by Maruti's performance in most of the models - discounts are a distnt dream.
Dzire 1+ year
Swift 4+ years...
still going strong...
Estilo is from the same stable.
Old 16th May 2009, 16:40   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
Very True!
Ritx Vxi is 4.37L in Mumbai. Adding the cost of a good basic music system + speakers at about 15K + approx 50K for registration and insurance,
it's about 5.02 lacs on-the-road for the petrol Ritz Vxi!

You can pick up a top-end Vista Aura Quadrajet in Mumbai for 5.25 OTR (insurance discount and corporate discounts).

Much more room than the Ritz, with the brilliant diesel Quadrajet.

And it has features lots of features that Ritz Vxi does not have:
  1. Tilt Steering,
  2. parcel tray,
  3. Seat height adjuster,
  4. rear window defogger,
  5. rear window wiper+washer,
  6. adjustable lumbar support,
  7. body color outside door handles + outside mirrors
Just about 20K more.

So, if you want a small premium hatch, you have i10 (with much better interior quality than Maruti cars).
And, if want a large, spacious hatch, which also happens to be a very economical and smooth diesel, you have Vista Quadrajet.

Swift sells for sporty style - doesn't need to be make sense in the VFM equation. Ritz is supposed to be a family hatch for practical minded people (the original WagonR segment). I think it will have problems after the initial sales.
Of course, Maruti can always create a waiting list and create a hype.
------
Note to moderator: Lost net connection in the middle of post. So, you may get two of these posts.
If you are comparing products like that then who will buy the skoda fabia,it has nothing more than most of these cars.If the intention is to buy a car other than maruti then there can be 100 reasons for that,but genuine thoughts would reveal that for that difference of 20k we can get most of the things done if required except maybe the seat height adjuster.But there are people who would also think of other aspects like resale,cost of spares etc and would go for the ritz isnt it.

ram
Old 16th May 2009, 17:03   #267
BHPian

what do you say GTO?

Understandable that the Ritz might be better in build but feature wise even the Magna appears to be better. Whereas to do a price comparison, it should be compared with the I10 Sportz.

Engine wise both are same and performance wise if at all any difference, it will be marginal ! Ritz Vxi(85@6000) and Magna (80@5200) dont know how to exactly convert it but appears to be nearby!

[]Hyundai i10 Era vs Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi BS IV vs Hyundai i10 Magna 1.2 | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

How will you compare the two? Any other expert who can guide, will be much obliged.
Old 16th May 2009, 21:35   #268
BHPian

Booked mine today. I had been looking for a car for my family to drive around in. Cant ezpect them to sit beside me with all that sound from swift thats fitted with a performance filter as well as an HKS Uni Can. The Ritz although a bit ugly at the rear bring a fresh change to this segment. I could have easily booked the Swift DDIS, but have opted for this one. It seemed like a famliy could travel safe and comfortably in this. I did feel it was a bit more spacious than the Swift. Nevertheless - the swift wil always rock in this segment.

Additionally, I definatley wanted the Swift DDIS engine - i am getting the same engine at a lowered cost.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th May 2009 at 23:16.
Old 16th May 2009, 22:35   #269
BHPian

Whats the promised delivery time. And did you TD the car.
Old 16th May 2009, 22:50   #270
Senior - BHPian

Terrific response and good rate of bookings are recieved at the different dealers in kerala.Initially the allocation would be there but the news is that the allocation would reduce by 2/3rd from the third month onwards.So the initial customers would get the vehicle immediately.
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks