Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 12:50   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
the rear doesnt look that bad in real it is quite acceptable, only the pics make it look very ugly

I fail to understand, why maruti has put the ugly concave shape from behind??

They can easily put convex shape and get even more space.
Old 18th May 2009, 13:19   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesh.b View Post
the Zxi comes with an electro-magnetic boot release.
no keys required. the system is integrated with the central locking system of the car.

similar mechanism does duty on Swift Zxi also.

IMO more convenient than manual boot release
Thanks for the information, i also checked that the boot is opened from outside by pressing a button from inside the cavity in middle of the lights which are meant for the number plates, there is a button to open the boot.

Is it so that the boot is also unlocked when the car is unlocked ?, as is there in the i10 i suppose.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 18th May 2009 at 13:21.
Old 18th May 2009, 13:20   #303
BHPian

Yes the VDi does have an internal boot release. I dont know about the other models as Pratham motors Bangalore had only this on display. They have still not got the Test drive vehicle. I can only assume that since it is there in Vdi, it has to be there on ZXi as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
I Checked out the Ritz ZXI at SK Wheels showroom, it didnt had the Internal Boot Release.

There was only Internal Fuel Lid Opener Lever.

Is that the Internal boot release is provided in the Lower spec models ?, i dont think so, can anybody throw some light on this & if YES, then what is the logic behind not providing the Internal Boot release lever in the Top end model.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:36   #304
BHPian

Thanks again - i booked the blue one but willmost prob change to that nice brown thattehy have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesh.b View Post
I have a Swift Zxi.
have found the ABS very very useful on a couple of occasions.

my opinion - go for the ABS option. will cost you around 20k more. but worth it if i look at from my past experience.

btw: congrats - and which color??
Old 18th May 2009, 14:37   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Maruti can kiss swift sales goodbye swiftly!
The ritz pricing ensures that similar products from the portfolio will be cannibalised for sure.
Not sure what you're basing this claim on. Most of the people on this board say that they appreciate the quality of GTO's review, but not the actual car.

It's pretty hideous, to be honest. The Swift, on the other hand, has a much cooler persona. Yes the Ritz might be superficially more practical, but how many people will buy a car because it's got a few extra cubby holes?

Your post implies that people walking into a Maruti showroom will choose the Ritz over the Swift. I'm sorry, but I just don't see that happening.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:46   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
It's pretty hideous, to be honest. The Swift, on the other hand, has a much cooler persona. Yes the Ritz might be superficially more practical, but how many people will buy a car because it's got a few extra cubby holes?
The Wagon-R (IMO - not at all a pretty looking thing) outsells i-10, Santro, Swift et all.

you never know what the customer likes.

and frankly - i quite like the rear. it's fresh (obviously that's my opinion only).
Old 18th May 2009, 16:23   #307
BHPian

While passing in front of a Maruti dealership, decided to see the car in flesh. Just sat in the front & rear seats & came back. It was a Vxi

My left knee was touching the central console cum extended dash which accomodates the gear stick too.

Rear space is better than Swift & less claustrophobic.

Plastic in door panels look cheap compared to i10.

Last edited by breezydrive : 18th May 2009 at 16:24.
Old 18th May 2009, 18:07   #308
agm
BHPian

Car looks ugly to me but it has got all the features that too at a very good price.sure this car will sell like anything.

@Ram- you were suppose to give a small review for the Petrol engine?
Old 19th May 2009, 09:55   #309
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Your post implies that people walking into a Maruti showroom will choose the Ritz over the Swift. I'm sorry, but I just don't see that happening.
Don't be surprised! The Ritz is newer, better built, interiors are a nicer place to be in and has a superior petrol engine. If the Santro & NHC's success have proven anything, it's that the Indian buyer couldn't care less about the looks as long as the product is competent. And contemporary.
Old 19th May 2009, 10:13   #310
Senior - BHPian

@gto.. i have my doubts on the better built part. Had a look at it, though I must admit not for very long, and the interior quality looked as good (or as bad) as Swift.
Newer but based on the old Swift platform, I would hardly call it new.
The way I see Ritz.... Swift with new set of clothes and high heels with a few more cubbyholes.
Dunno about the 1.2 Litre engine but as you mentioned, I expect it to be really good.
Old 19th May 2009, 10:13   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't be surprised! The Ritz is newer, better built, interiors are a nicer place to be in and has a superior petrol engine. If the Santro & NHC's success have proven anything, it's that the Indian buyer couldn't care less about the looks as long as the product is competent. And contemporary.
The petrol Ritz will be better than the petrol Swift for sure. Unless they plonk the new engine into the swift. In the diesel, I think the Swift will sell better. I have registered for a TD. Should get it soon.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:08   #312
BHPian

I will be taking Test drive of VDi today afternoon, will keep posted. Just got a call from Kalyani motors that test drive vehicle has arrived.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:19   #313

Ritz vs. Swift

As i understand the Swift is likely to be relaunched very soon, with the face lift as well as an adherance to the BS IV. With Major cities going BS IV Maruti cant really afford to loose on the brand image of Swift. There have been news on the testing of the new model. Find the website link attached 2010 Suzuki Swift

Under the circumstances makes perfect sense to launch the car with similar variant; possibly with an intent to move Swift to the premium hatchback segment with the things heating up. This is only a thought ofcourse
Old 19th May 2009, 12:40   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_o_hammer View Post
As i understand the Swift is likely to be relaunched very soon, with the face lift as well as an adherance to the BS IV. With Major cities going BS IV Maruti cant really afford to loose on the brand image of Swift. There have been news on the testing of the new model. Find the website link attached 2010 Suzuki Swift

Under the circumstances makes perfect sense to launch the car with similar variant; possibly with an intent to move Swift to the premium hatchback segment with the things heating up. This is only a thought ofcourse
In the website, the 2010 swift look exactly like the current swift
Old 19th May 2009, 13:00   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Newer but based on the old Swift platform, I would hardly call it new.
The way I see Ritz.... Swift with new set of clothes and high heels with a few more cubbyholes.
Dunno about the 1.2 Litre engine but as you mentioned, I expect it to be really good.
the platforms for Swift and Ritz are different.
Swift is wider and longer.
and moreover Swift is manufactured in MS's Manesar plat whereas Ritz is bieng rolled out from Gurgaon plant. had the platforms been same - MS would have rolled both of them from a new plant and taken advantage of economies of scale.

about the 1.2 Petrol. Drove it yesterday. didnt have the space on the road to rip it so can only say that the engine behavaved pretty well in the 40 - 50 kph region. pretty peppy.

still have to take a proper TD - guess will do that on Sunday when most ppl are not on roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks