Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 19:26   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
OT: Just keep that extra 76k in your cup board and pay your petrol bills. In that case you dont need to shell out any thing from your packet. Going for diesel, though the usage is less, may give the imaginary belief of savings, its actually not. Infact one can invest the extra bit of money in a good MF or shares and fill petrol with the profit. Event after 5 years, the principal will remain intact. Better to go for diesel, if the driving is atleast 2k per month. Otherwise its waste of money.

My point exactly. If the difference between LXI & LDI had been about Rs 30-40K I could have considered the LDI as a viable option, given my monthly usage of about 1K kms on the tarmac. But with the Rs 76K extra, I could invest it in a MF and benefit from the profit, as Subbusos has suggested. Heck, I could even use the money to get myself (or wife) a Suzuki Access or a Honda Activa. And still have a balance of about Rs 26K for accessories on the LXI. While it IS true, Gitartha, that I too would not use a calculator each time I got to fill the tank, my preference towards Option 1 (LXI + Access/Activa + Rs 26K savings) over Option 2 (LDI) excites me. Emotional benefit? Certainly.

Regards,
Melvyn
Old 9th June 2009, 01:00   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a Ritz for the first time in real-life yesterday. I actually had to suppress an automatic puking feeling after seeing it. Its absolutely grotesque.
Old 9th June 2009, 01:37   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I saw a Ritz for the first time in real-life yesterday. I actually had to suppress an automatic puking feeling after seeing it. Its absolutely grotesque.
Oh I guess this is pretty subjective but I don't find it that bad. In fact, its reasonable if you get used to it (My neighbour bought one so I've been looking at it for a bit). Plus, its definitely eye catching which may work in its favour in the long run.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:26   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
My point exactly. If the difference between LXI & LDI had been about Rs 30-40K I could have considered the LDI as a viable option, given my monthly usage of about 1K kms on the tarmac. But with the Rs 76K extra, I could invest it in a MF and benefit from the profit, as Subbusos has suggested. Heck, I could even use the money to get myself (or wife) a Suzuki Access or a Honda Activa. And still have a balance of about Rs 26K for accessories on the LXI. While it IS true, Gitartha, that I too would not use a calculator each time I got to fill the tank, my preference towards Option 1 (LXI + Access/Activa + Rs 26K savings) over Option 2 (LDI) excites me. Emotional benefit? Certainly.

Regards,
Melvyn

Well, if you pay an extra 30 k over the Lxi you get the equivalent version of Tata's or Fiat's MJD/QJ car. Which is equally good, if not better.
Old 11th June 2009, 15:49   #425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
In my point of view, there is a big diffference between Japanese and Korean car designs - Jap designs will initially look out-of-shape, but will grow on you after seeing it a lot. But Korean designs will initially look better, but later look boring. Examples from my point of view: Suzuki Ritz, Swift, NHC, ANHC, CR-V on the Jap side, and Hyundai Santro, Accent, Elantra, Daewoo Cielo on the Korean side.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:38   #426
BHPian

I am a recent Swift( Petrol LXI) buyer.
I have recently checked out the Ritz.
No. I have no regrets.
I am happy with the Swift.
I need that extra space inside for my parents or the extra guests. The Ritz can be comparable to the A-star possibly.
It looks pleasantly quain, Ritz, that is.
Old 13th June 2009, 16:00   #427
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I'm sorry if this post is in a wrong thread. But Please help me understand the following.

1. i10 magna has more features than Ritz Lxi but priced nearly same [3.9L]
2. i10 sportz has lot more features than Ritz Vxi but priced nearly same.[4.2L]

But the question is, How Come i10 Asta and Ritz Zxi have the same features and cost the same [4.8L]? Ritz even has Alloy Wheel while i10 Asta does'nt. What is the catch? Does that mean Ritz Zxi is more VFM than i10 Asta while Ritz Vxi/Lxi are not VFM when compared with i10 magna/Sportz?

Please correct me if I'm wrong guys,

Also, the price difference between Ritz Vxi and Ritz Vxi [ABS] is Rs 25 K
But the difference between Swift Vxi and Swift Vxi [ABS] is 19 K
Why is it 6K more for Ritz?

Regards!
Nithiraj.
Old 13th June 2009, 22:46   #428
ada
BHPian

I certainly found Ritz ZXI more value for money. Look at it this way also, difference between Ritz vxi and swift vxi is about Rs.10,000/-. But the difference between Ritz zxi and Swift zxi is close to Rs.40,000/-. Swift only has additional climate control. In earlier reviews people expected Ritz to be priced higher then Swift. That may be the reason for cross-eyed pricing.
Old 14th June 2009, 17:17   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blwetorch View Post
I am a recent Swift( Petrol LXI) buyer.
I have recently checked out the Ritz.
No. I have no regrets.
I am happy with the Swift.
I need that extra space inside for my parents or the extra guests. The Ritz can be comparable to the A-star possibly.
It looks pleasantly quain, Ritz, that is.
Are you claiming that the Ritz is smaller/less spacious than the Swift? And claiming that Ritz is in the same category space/other wise as A-Star?

I can understand your need to feel good about your purchase by justifying it, its common psychology and what leads to Internet forum wars between fanboys of various hues (Canon vs Nikon, Hyundai vs Maruti etc come to mind) but please at least get your facts right.
Old 14th June 2009, 20:14   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Are you claiming that the Ritz is smaller/less spacious than the Swift? And claiming that Ritz is in the same category space/other wise as A-Star?

I can understand your need to feel good about your purchase by justifying it, its common psychology and what leads to Internet forum wars between fanboys of various hues (Canon vs Nikon, Hyundai vs Maruti etc come to mind) but please at least get your facts right.

Actually, you are right. I checked out this comparison, as given in the link below:
Maruti Suzuki Swift LXi vs Maruti Suzuki Ritz Lxi BS IV | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com
Height and length wise Ritz has the advantage over Swift. Width-wise Swift is better off by 10 mm.
But when I saw it in the showroom, the Ritz appeared smaller than the Swift, that I have already purchased. May be it is a bit psychological.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:58   #431
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blwetorch View Post
Actually, you are right. I checked out this comparison, as given in the link below:
Maruti Suzuki Swift LXi vs Maruti Suzuki Ritz Lxi BS IV | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com
Height and length wise Ritz has the advantage over Swift. Width-wise Swift is better off by 10 mm.
But when I saw it in the showroom, the Ritz appeared smaller than the Swift, that I have already purchased. May be it is a bit psychological.
Mere exterior dimensions don't matter. What's equally important is interior packaging. The Ritz rear bench is for sure more spacious (however slim the margin) than the Swift. Then, you also have the taller greenhouse + higher perched seat.

Last edited by GTO : 15th June 2009 at 14:01.
Old 17th June 2009, 22:10   #432
ada
BHPian

Now how does Ritz compare with the Punto storm? On the face of it I guess the moment Punto's majority of models are 1.4 ltr engine (in petrol) there is no comparison, other then that on other features Punto is costlier by around 50K to 60K.
Old 18th June 2009, 21:06   #433

Got my Vdi!

Hello Friends,

I got a Blue Blaze Vdi yesterday, fairly excited about it. My first diesel ever, and a Maruti product after 11 years! I'll be posting my initial review and some pics (hopefully) soon.

Cheers!
Old 21st June 2009, 03:36   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't be surprised! The Ritz is newer, better built, interiors are a nicer place to be in and has a superior petrol engine. If the Santro & NHC's success have proven anything, it's that the Indian buyer couldn't care less about the looks as long as the product is competent. And contemporary.
I guess you've got me insofar as the Indian consumer is concerned. The average car on sale in India comes from fuglyville, but still manages to sell like crazy. You've also got me on the petrol engine. It's more refined than the Swift's petrol unit.

But... I'm going to disagree with you on just one point.... "Better built"? How so? Out of curiosity I went and TD'd a Ritz, and it has the same typical MUL build quality as any other MUL product, Switchgear, plastics, trim, upholstery all appear to be of the same quality as the Swift.
Not trying to argue with you or nitpick... I thought your review was very well written... just disagree with that one point.

I guess when compared with the Swift (which is what most people on this thread seem to be doing) the Ritz didn't feel as planted as the Swift when driving. This could be down to (a) greater bodyroll thanks to the tallboy design (b) not really equipped with a chassis for spirited driving.

Regardless of the car's strengths or weaknesses, I can't get past how it looks. To me a car is much, much more than mere 'A to B', and I don't think I could live with the looks of the Ritz.

Last edited by ghostrider : 21st June 2009 at 03:47.
Old 21st June 2009, 18:08   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMGee View Post
Hello Friends,

I got a Blue Blaze Vdi yesterday, fairly excited about it. My first diesel ever, and a Maruti product after 11 years! I'll be posting my initial review and some pics (hopefully) soon.

Cheers!
Congrats on the new Ritz.
Wish you happy and safe driving!
Do post some pictures....

Most Viewed