Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 23:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Great review GTO

The car does seem to have a lot of promise. The front looks good but I hate the rear. Its a nice small hatch and I'm sure it will take away sales from the i10, the Spark isnt even in the picture.

An AT in the Ritz was the need of the hour considering the no. of i10 ATs being sold these days. I just see so many of them on the roads. But I guess Maruti would need an all new auto tranny. The ancient three speed box wouldnt do here. That gearbox was pahtetic and unreliable.

More confusion in the mind of the entry level car buyer
Old 9th May 2009, 23:26   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder when the Toyota Yaris comes into this market. Will be worth watching what it does to Ritz/Swift/i10/i20 sales figures. I guess that'll depend on the price point at which it is sold.
Old 9th May 2009, 23:30   #48
BHPian

GTO,can you through some light on the specs plz. no climate control on the ZXI. thats strange. does this car get power mirrors or it too much to ask? also about the rev pod it must be std on zxi and zdi only right? is there a ZDI or not? so many questions( sorry):P
Old 9th May 2009, 23:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

I really am quite impressed with this car, nicely written review Rush. There's no getting away from the fact that the rear styling is absolute rubbish, but someone looking for a practical and sensible buy should be able to digest this I suppose. The front looks quite clean and well finished.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:02   #50
BHPian

Hi GTO. Great Review. Did you drive the petrol version as well? If so was it the Zxi? Does it have ACC? If not I am guessing that it might be priced below swift. Also to me the rear looks great. Real eye catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I really am quite impressed with this car, nicely written review Rush. There's no getting away from the fact that the rear styling is absolute rubbish, but someone looking for a practical and sensible buy should be able to digest this I suppose. The front looks quite clean and well finished.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

beautiful car!
I really like it's design and from the looks of it, the engine aswell!

Is that touch screen HU standard? if so, in which versions?

Good one from Maruthi, and will definately not end up the estilo way, which was too wierd!

cheers

EDIT: just saw the HU was after-fitted... ignore my question!

Last edited by anekho : 10th May 2009 at 00:19.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Great review GTO. The car looks like a potential winner. I respect the fact that Maruti is now launching new generation cars in India unlike the past when we got something back from the 80s-90s. Very detailed review and pictures
Old 10th May 2009, 00:25   #53
BHPian

Did not like the treatment given to the console. Swift showed its sportiness from its console, speedometer, revcounter, this seriously feels made to a price and they forgot the revcounter. didnt have place thats why mounted on top.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:30   #54
BHPian

Excellent review GTO. Just the diesel, additional space and Maruti Packaging alone is gonna make this one a hit. Tough times for the i10 i guess. If the i10 petrol and the Ritz diesel are closely priced(irrespective of variant) no prices for guessing where the money is gonna be put.

P.S: The manufacturer calling up for a Test Drive indicates that quality gets recognized no matter what. Great work by GTO+mods+ addictive members.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:39   #55
BHPian

@ GTO: Thanks a lot for the detailed report with the photos.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

It's definitely a sight for sore eyes, all I see are Swifts on the road. Only because it's fresh. The front end is chunky, the rear is from a parallel dimension.
The new engine specs are almost like the G13B, albeit a slightly smaller capacity. Anybody know what the torque curve looks like?

Looking forward to TDing this one. I frankly can't see anybody picking the Wagon R or the Estilo over this.
Anybody want to wager a guess when these will start rattling?

Nice functional review.
Old 10th May 2009, 01:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Nice reviwe GTO,somehow the rear looks real funny feeling to have a cartoonish look,over all product looks apealing
Old 10th May 2009, 01:19   #58
BHPian

Good review GTO and a first one for t-bhp too.

From the pics the interiors somehow don't look great quality as compared to say i10. Will need to confirm this after seeing the car in person. However from the pics the first impression is that i10 looks more luxurious and better put together compared to Ritz. As you have mentioned just compare the beadings used in i10 vs what is posted here.

Also an Auto tranny is very much the need of the hour assuming Maruti comes up with a better 4 speed ones if at all. It could be a critical factor for people like me who prefer comfort of driving over FE given our city conditions.
Old 10th May 2009, 01:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

I will never buy this car, the rear is ugly and the side view is funny.
Old 10th May 2009, 02:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Autocar and overdrive have also reviewed the car:

link: :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

link: Overdrive - Maruti Suzuki Ritz set to make a Splash

also attaching a pic with the normal interior (taken from autocar)

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-suzukiritz_5.jpg  

Last edited by anekho : 10th May 2009 at 02:30.
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed