Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 15:50   #601
BHPian

Re: SAP Trials Suzuki Splash aka Maruti Ritz Eco-Friendly Company Cars

Thats really a great move, usually anybody would expect Google to take a lead in such type of Green Innovative Ideas.
Just thinking what would happen, if even one of the top 3 IT companies (all having +1Lack employee base) in India would get such inspiration?
Old 6th June 2011, 22:41   #602

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Hi All,

I recently decided to buy a car and three of my top requirements of the car were:
1) Safety features like Airbags and ABS with EBD
2) Spacious Rear seats
3) Price below 6 lacs
4) Reasonably powerful engine
5) Stable drive

After considering all cars, reading Team-BHP reviews, I finally settled on M-Ritz.

Today I test drove the M-Ritz ZXI and was quite impressed with the drive quality, the car make and the interiors.

However, one thing bugged me a lot. The placement of the clutch and the absence of a dead pedal.

I love driving and usually go for long (distant) holidays. On such drives a dead pedal is an absolute must.

Also, on city drives, the placement of the clutch should be ideal as it tends to hurt and tire your left foot.

The question I have for Team-BHP is as follows:
1) The demo car which I drove had a very uncomfortable clutch placement. It was tooo high. Usually I like to place my heel on the floor and then use the foot to press the pedal. However due to the high placement of the pedal I had to lift my foot to change gears. Is this sort of pedal placement in all M-Ritz's?
2) Can we change this to lower the height and make it more comfortable?
3) If changing the height is possible then will it hamper the functioning of the gears?
4) If changing the height is not possible then would it be advisable to place a high rug or mat to elevate the foot?

Please advise as Ritz is the ideal car for me other wise I will have to go for a car without ABS and Airbags :(

Thanks in advance.
Old 6th June 2011, 22:55   #603
Senior - BHPian

@embeddeduser

i have seen people use a fabricated soft feel wood block, in abscence of dead pedal as well as in cases when clutch is very high.

You need to be sure the block does not move forward, to avoid it getting stuck beneath clutch pedal.

Please try that in the Demo vehicle to know how comfortable you are using that setup.
Old 7th June 2011, 19:52   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

@embeddeduser:

I personally believe any attempts to solve the 'high clutch' issue using wooden blocks or something else ends up becoming a bit annoying anyway (i.e. the annoyance will merely be shifted from the high clutch to something else such as the wooden block). Therefore, the only solution is to get used to the clutch position (which you will get as you use the car) or just not buy the car where you think the clutch ergonomics is seriously flawed.

Looking at your needs, if you could compromise on your requirement # 2, then Swift ZXi is the best choice! As seen from another thread here on seat ergonomics in hatchbacks, Swift has the best seating position and ergonomics.

I would still recommend a good used car but I am sure you don't want to go down that path all over again :-)
Old 7th June 2011, 20:26   #605
BHPian

Took my Ritz for his first long drive last week..Bangalore to Kochi. With me was a cousin who was dead against Ritz and wanted me to buy i10. He owns one. At the end of the journey , he reluctantly agreed that Ritz was a much better overall performer .

Having driven both Ritz and i10, i can say in city i10 is better coz of is peppy behaviour. But on the highway Ritz is way much more matured. Ritz would be a better overall performer.
Old 7th June 2011, 20:27   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by embeddeduser View Post
The question I have for Team-BHP is as follows:
1) The demo car which I drove had a very uncomfortable clutch placement. It was tooo high. Usually I like to place my heel on the floor and then use the foot to press the pedal. However due to the high placement of the pedal I had to lift my foot to change gears. Is this sort of pedal placement in all M-Ritz's?
Yes it is. And I think it is not really a problem but just a thing that you'll get used to after few hundred KMs of driving. For me it is actually a good thing because I don't like to rest my foot on the clutch. Because I have to lift the foot after depressing the clutch, I completely move my foot away from the clutch. This also helps me avoid riding the clutch as I want to reduce the foot movement.
Old 7th June 2011, 22:06   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I have a Ritz LXI and have driven the Santro both 1.0 & 1.1L. All I can say is that one cannot compare the two. The K-Series of the Maruti performs better than the Hyundai Kappa, so what this means is that one doesn't even need to compare it with a Santro. Sorry for being blunt but the Ritz is far far superior to the Santro on practically all parameters.
Sorry for pulling out an older post, but since I was scanning various posts pertaining to the Ritz and I10, I found the above post. I too had a query on the comparison between the K-series of the Ritz and the VTVT Kappa 2 of the I10. Asked GTO for his comments on this and this was his reply:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2372850

He had also posted an earlier comment of the I10 on the same thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2370140

This has been posted in the interest of many who may be eager to find a comparison between the Ritz with the I10. Both are excellent cars and I would gladly recommend them any day.
Old 7th June 2011, 23:30   #608
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Sorry for pulling out an older post, but since I was scanning various posts pertaining to the Ritz and I10, I found the above post. I too had a query on the comparison between the K-series of the Ritz and the VTVT Kappa 2 of the I10. Asked GTO for his comments on this and this was his reply:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2372850

He had also posted an earlier comment of the I10 on the same thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2370140

This has been posted in the interest of many who may be eager to find a comparison between the Ritz with the I10. Both are excellent cars and I would gladly recommend them any day.
But I would recommend a Ritz not just for its Diesel engine, but for the mileage of its K-series petrol engine, its driving smoothness, highway driving dynamics, low maintenance cost compared to i10, Maruti After sales support, and the manly looks of Ritz's front and rear compared to girly i10 .
Old 7th June 2011, 23:37   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But I would recommend a Ritz not just for its Diesel engine, but for the mileage of its K-series petrol engine, its driving smoothness, highway driving dynamics, low maintenance cost compared to i10, Maruti After sales support, and the manly looks of Ritz's front and rear compared to girly i10 .
Interesting - never knew female to male ratio in India is like 2:1. (11500+ girly i10 vs 6000+ macho ritz in May 2011)

Last edited by blackasta : 7th June 2011 at 23:38.
Old 8th June 2011, 12:57   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Interesting - never knew female to male ratio in India is like 2:1. (11500+ girly i10 vs 6000+ macho ritz in May 2011)

I"m laughing after reading this post even though i also own a Ritz.
Well,both are great cars,but in smaller cities with narrow lanes and bylanes,its easier to drive i10 rather than Ritz(i do face this problem) due to width issues.We own a Santro also and that is our city car for now and Ritz,the HIGHWAY MAN.But important to point out is the FE of Ritz.I've managed even 20.84kmpl one way from my city to Patna and average to-fro at 18.2kmpl!In city also,it returns 12.5-13.4kmpl with AC,about 4kmpl more than my Santro!
Old 8th June 2011, 13:27   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Hi All,

Need a bit of advice. Got my car to Car-Plus on Saturday to get ICE installation. Everything went smooth but after the speaker installation in the driver's door, when the window is rolled up or down, I can feel a small jerk when the window is say 70% down. At first, it was just a jerk with intermittent kit-kit sound like that of a rattle but now that has transformed into a longish squeak which feels like that the window glass is brushing something as it moves.

When I got to Car-Plus again to tell them of the issue, they opened the door and told me that they only joined the wiring coupler to the speaker and just fitted with the speaker with 2 screws. So they haven't touched anything in the power window section.

My car is due for second service and I am going to take this to M.A.S.S. Hopefully this is not a major issue!!!
Dear Headbanger,
Did ur issue with the window glass get resolved? I am facing the similar issue since last few weeks, same as initially it was givng a small jerk at around 80% down, now it giving a low sqeeke sound as if touching something. My Ritz ZXI is due for 3rd service in 3 months time.

Would help me a lot incase you can let me know if the issue was resolved by the MASS or you had it fixed outside.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:53   #612
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Think it the other way - the demand in the market for a female is 2 times than a male!
Old 8th June 2011, 19:02   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I"m laughing after reading this post even though i also own a Ritz. Well,both are great cars,but in smaller cities with narrow lanes and bylanes,its easier to drive i10 rather than Ritz(i do face this problem) due to width issues.We own a Santro also and that is our city car for now and Ritz,the HIGHWAY MAN.But important to point out is the FE of Ritz.I've managed even 20.84kmpl one way from my city to Patna and average to-fro at 18.2kmpl!In city also,it returns 12.5-13.4kmpl with AC,about 4kmpl more than my Santro!
Can't compare the Santro with the Ritz as they are different segment cars with engines that differ in age and technology. As far as my I10 is concerned, I have conducted 5 tank-to-tank (auto cut-off method) tests here in Goa and my FE has ranged between 17.5 and 18.5 kmpl. These drives have been across different sorts of traffic conditions, most of which includes bumper-bumper traffic in Panjim and Margao.

But yes, the sales of the I10 have been double or more, if you check the last 2-3 monthly sales, than that of the Ritz. What strikes me as peculiar is that the Ritz sells around 6,000 cars, despite sporting a diesel engine. I would have thought that with petrol prices going up, there would have been a higher demand for the Ritz diesel last month.

Moreover, the Ritz still sells only half of its sibling, Swift, despite having identical engines. In my opinion, the Ritz is a much better car than the 6,000 monthly sales would suggest.
Old 8th June 2011, 23:26   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can't compare the Santro with the Ritz as they are different segment cars with engines that differ in age and technology.
Both are different segment cars and in no way i was comparing about their engines.All i wanted to say was that due the larger width of the Ritz compared to Santro,it does give pain esp if you take it to smaller lanes.I feel same could be the issue with i10 as its narrower than Ritz but not as much as Santro.
Old 9th June 2011, 11:01   #615
BANNED

Quote:
Can't compare the Santro with the Ritz as they are different segment cars with engines that differ in age and technology.
Yes, but when a bigger car with bigger engine like Ritz gives better mileage than a smaller car with smaller engine, then there is something to compare. If the case was just opposite, we can say that "we can't compare them".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks