BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Hi t-bhpians,

Please advise!!!

Thanks,
Manish

By any chance, do you press the accelerator while starting the car?
Old 13th June 2011, 10:06   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Look, at the end of the day, it also depends on what deal is available at what point in time. Perhaps, if I were to buy a car today, I may have considered a Ritz VXI over the I10, if both cars were priced similar. These two cars are really good and both have their strong points to lure a potential customer.
Don't worry Friend. i10 is an excellent choice too and you would never go wrong with your decision.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:12   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
By any chance, do you press the accelerator while starting the car?
Nopes!!! I just engage the clutch while starting the car. This has been instructed in the car manual as well.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:54   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Don't worry Friend. i10 is an excellent choice too and you would never go wrong with your decision.
No, no, I'm not worried about the I10 (or its comparison with the Ritz VXI) per se, but it's the liquid that it gulps down that is causing me some heart burn. My average usage is about 1400 kms per month, which is nearly stretching into the diesel territory. Now, when we bought the I10 in Dec 2010, petrol was Rs 56 (diesel was Rs 40) here in Goa. At that time, owning a petrol car (Ritz VXI or I10 1.2 Magna) made so much more sense, even with my monthly use of 1400 kms.

Now, petrol is Rs 65 and diesel is still at Rs 40. So, I'm constantly wondering if I made the right choice in buying a petrol car in the first place. Problem is, I can't do much about it at this stage. If I sell off the I10 now, I will lose heavily on depreciation. Don't even know if I will get Rs 3.5 for a 6-month I10. THAT, is my dilemma as of now.
Old 14th June 2011, 10:34   #635
BHPian

Quote:
No, no, I'm not worried about the I10 (or its comparison with the Ritz VXI) per se, but it's the liquid that it gulps down that is causing me some heart burn.
============
Don't even know if I will get Rs 3.5 for a 6-month I10. THAT, is my dilemma as of now.
i10 has an excellent resale value. However, selling off a car in 6 months is definitely not a good decision. Incidentally, I case across news-paper advertisement of i10 yesterday, where Hyundai had mentioned that there will be no more petrol hike in the current year. Do not know about their source, but if the prices remain same you will not have to worry much (& can easily manage a trip to Palolem at least once in a month! )
Old 14th June 2011, 10:52   #636
Senior - BHPian

Given your i10's Goa FE reported in your LTR, the extra expenditure is just 720bucks a month, which is 24bucks a day. Is that really a big deal to think going diesel ? Could write it off as inflationary increase. Especially when you have to factor in the extra initial payment for the diesel car. And I am sure when you got the i10 you were aware that petrol prices are not going to remain constant.

BTW, are both the Alto and i10 used or it is only one of the two at a time ? If it is the latter, why not sell it off - not only is resale good for the Alto but there is no point maintaining 2 cars. And maybe you could later add a diesel car to your garage.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 14th June 2011 at 10:56.
Old 14th June 2011, 20:11   #637
BHPian

Quote:
i10 has an excellent resale value. However, selling off a car in 6 months is definitely not a good decision. Incidentally, I case across news-paper advertisement of i10 yesterday, where Hyundai had mentioned that there will be no more petrol hike in the current year. Do not know about their source, but if the prices remain same you will not have to worry much (& can easily manage a trip to Palolem at least once in a month! )
I don't have any plans to sell off the I10 anytime so soon, but I may consider an upgrade in 3-4 years. Also, the I10 advert that you refer to is merely a scheme for NEW customers. See, the I10 sales dropped significantly last month and most believe it is due to the hike in petrol prices. Now, to arrest further drop in sales, Hyundai has come up with some sort of petrol vouchers (for the hiked price in petrol) which would be given to customers subject to a max monthly usage of 1000 kms. this is basically to offset the price difference in petrol, so that the new customer does not feel the additional pinch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Given your i10's Goa FE reported in your LTR, the extra expenditure is just 720bucks a month, which is 24bucks a day. Is that really a big deal to think going diesel ? Could write it off as inflationary increase. Especially when you have to factor in the extra initial payment for the diesel car. And I am sure when you got the i10 you were aware that petrol prices are not going to remain constant.

BTW, are both the Alto and i10 used or it is only one of the two at a time ? If it is the latter, why not sell it off - not only is resale good for the Alto but there is no point maintaining 2 cars. And maybe you could later add a diesel car to your garage.
True, Rs 24 a day may not appear to be much, but the additional Rs 720 (month) and an estimated Rs 8,640 (year) does make a dent in my budget, especially since I'm the lone breadwinner in my family (wife and 3-yr-old daughter).

But having opted for a petrol car, I will not plan a diesel upgrade so soon.

It is also true that when I got the I10, I was sure that petrol prices would never remain the same. At the same time, I had hoped for a "proportionate" hike in petrol/diesel rates. When I bought the I10 in Dec 2010, petrol rates were Rs 55 and diesel was 40 per litre. Now, they are Rs 65 and Rs 40 respectively. The difference between petrol and diesel is now Rs 10...and counting. It is this rapidly growing margin between petrol and diesel rates that has left me concerned a bit.

The Alto and the I10 are not being fully used right now. I would have liked to have sold off the Alto and saved the money for a car upgrade 3-4 years from now. However, my wife plans to refresh her driving skills and hence, I thought the Alto would serve her well in this regard. I might consider selling off the Alto 1-2 years from now, when she is confidently upgrades her driving skills from the Alto to the I10.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 19:53   #638
BHPian

hey all, found a nice tv ad of the Uk spec of the Ritz Enjoy!

Nash24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 19:00   #639
Senior - BHPian

I've a quick query :

Does Maruti Ritz have instantaneous fuel consumption indicator in any variant?
Old 17th June 2011, 19:59   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but it's the liquid that it gulps down that is causing me some heart burn. My average usage is about 1400 kms per month
Why don't you think about installing an LPG kit? There are some kits which can be fitted and you will still have the warranty. I know there is an initial investment of 20K or so, but you will be benefited in the long run. It definitely is not a good idea to sell your i10 now.

Quote:
Incidentally, I case across news-paper advertisement of i10 yesterday, where Hyundai had mentioned that there will be no more petrol hike in the current year.
This is only for the new customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I've a quick query :

Does Maruti Ritz have instantaneous fuel consumption indicator in any variant?
As far as I know, Nop. There is no DTE or real time FE indicator in a Ritz.

Offtopic:

Quote:
since I'm the lone breadwinner in my family (wife and 3-yr-old daughter).
If you are into some private firm, why don't you look at a job change too? It will make sure you get at least a 30% hike which will help you manage your finances better. Yeah, there are some added parameters also in that, you should be in the best situation to take a call on this.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th June 2011 at 20:07.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 23:55   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
For i-10

- Gear shift is much smoother in i - 10.
I agree with ur comment on the gear shift, have a Ritz Vxi ABS. It has clocked 28k on the speedo and the gear shift is not smooth to say the list. Especially from 1st to 2nd, even with speed between 10 to 15 km and rpm just below 2k. Dont know if its something with my car or otherwise, any comments guys with your experience?
Old 18th June 2011, 17:56   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
As far as I know, Nop. There is no DTE or real time FE indicator in a Ritz.
Thanks! Even I was under the assumption that Ritz didn't have Instantaneous Fuel Consumption indicator until I read this post in the 'Does coasting save fuel' thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I was checking the instantaneous mileage in the Ritz D. To my surprise, I found that on coasting, the instantaneous mileage used to shoot up and show in the range of 33-40 kmpl whereas when in gear, it never went up more than 12 kmpl.

Last edited by Klub Class : 18th June 2011 at 17:57.
Old 18th June 2011, 19:03   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Why don't you think about installing an LPG kit? There are some kits which can be fitted and you will still have the warranty. I know there is an initial investment of 20K or so, but you will be benefited in the long run. It definitely is not a good idea to sell your i10 now.
No. No plans to install an LPG kit in my I10 for multiple reasons. Somehow, I'm not inclined to add an LPG kit during the warranty period as it may void the warranty. Also, an LPG will eat into my boot space and that is a big NO for us, especially since we travel a lot and we need every inch of the boot space. Then again, I'm not sure about the efficacy and reliability of an after-factory LPG kit. Fourth, the thought of LPG fuel in the car scares my wife for safety reasons.
Old 18th June 2011, 19:04   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Thanks! Even I was under the assumption that Ritz didn't have Instantaneous Fuel Consumption indicator until I read this post in the 'Does coasting save fuel' thread :
@Klub Class: Ritz does not have an instantaneous fuel consumption indicator. I was using an ELM327 adapter with the torque application on an android tablet.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 20:21   #645
BHPian

Saw some comparisons of Ritz with i10. Since I am looking to buy a hatch, I took TDs for both Ritz ZXi and i10 Asta and here are my thoughts:

Benefits of Ritz over i10:

1. Cabin is roomier and more legspace in the rear seats.
2. Ritz engine seemed more peepy and eager, especially at lower speeds. i10 seemed laboured.
3. Price - Ritz has a discount of 25k as opposed to 20k on Hyundai. The top version difference is almost 30k. Asta has some more goodies over Ritz, but Ritz has alloy wheels in ZXi.
4. Better GC for Ritz at 170.
5. Slightly bigger boot.

Benefits of i10 over Ritz
1. Excellent interiors
2. Butter smooth gear shift
3. Better looking car - Hyundai SA said Ritz looked as if it was damaged in the rear

Overall, I am leaning towards Ritz as I feel it is more VFM and fun to drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks