Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 10:14   #661
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

@misquitas - Yes you have compared both the cares in all fairness to a large extend..The only point is of contention is the statement that i10 boot space is better usable than Ritz, this is not exactly correct and is quite misguiding. Lets agree to disagree on this point.

But chill out guys - he just posted his perspective from his experience, which he is entitled to.

Last edited by JoeMichael : 21st June 2011 at 10:25.
Old 21st June 2011, 10:25   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
The readings (across different driving conditions) are as follows: 18.74 kmpl, 18.74 kmpl, 17.47 kmpl and 17.59 kmpl. I must admit, however, that I am a sedate drive and hence, these may seem pretty FE figures.
Thanks for sharing. These are pretty good (and consistent) FE figures. +1 to i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I did not mean to divert attention from the Ritz to the I10 on this Ritz thread. Since it is obviously bothering some, my inputs on the I10 and its comparison with the Ritz on this specific thread will stop here and now.

For those who are happy with the Ritz, good for you.
Ritz and i10 are two fierce warriors in their segment. Neither Ritz nor i10 threads will be complete without comparisons with each other. Since you have actually considered both before your purchase, your views are extremely important for those who are still in dilemma. So it will be unfortunate if you stop writing on this thread. It is my request to you to continue with your views and observations on this thread.
Old 21st June 2011, 20:17   #663
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I remember similar discussions in reference to WagonR and Santro.

At that time I had a wagonR [I still have] and now I have a Ritz.

I've driven my Ritz for 32k kms in less than 2 years, so I feel responsible to balance this thread out.

Following are my inputs based on my experience

- Ritz is very marginally bigger than I10 from the inside, as far as usable space in concerned.

- Ritz has got a more airy cabin compared to I10 thanks to the deeper dashboard.

- Ritz has better ride, and a more mature ride and handling. I prefer the front seat ride in my Ritz to my CityZX.

- Since I have a VDI, I can't compare the engines in detail, but I'm sure both are equally good - none should be better than the other (as was the case with WagonR and Santro), no matter what torque or Bhp - for ALL practical purposes these should be considered equals.

- Both cars have small boots. I don't see I10 being bigger than Ritz but equally bad. Just different shapes. [for anyone looking at hatchbacks - these are normal boots - no reason to complain]

- I for some reason have no taste for beige interiors, the Ritz interiors are decent enough. The only issue is the quality of plastics! My Ritz has developed some tic-tic sounds now. But the interiors should be given only the weightage they deserve and remember the difference is noticeable though still livable.

- The steering! - Against the preconceived convention - EPS are not always bad. They can be better than hydraulic ones, like the one in my Ritz seems better than my Optra Magnum. [i have 185 tyres on Ritz, maybe that plays a role). I don't have much to say about I10 steering (due to lack of experience)

- Cabin Sound - Maruti has not done good insulation in any of its cars I've owned, Ritz is no different. I10 does better here.

Finally - I'd choose the Ritz, if ride, handling and steering feel are more important. If I want a more sophisticated looking interior, and easier to drive car due to better visibility and exterior dimensions, I'll get the I10.

For most people who actually know what they want from the car they intend to buy - there is only 1 right answer out of these two.

For others (who make up most of the people buying cars) - both are good to go.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 20:35   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
For most people who actually know what they want from the car they intend to buy - there is only 1 right answer out of these two.

For others (who make up most of the people buying cars) - both are good to go.
agreed! after the inital research, for me one was the correct choice, but i can understand how people may be confused between the other two, and anyone of these two should suit just fine for them.

As people age, a more mature ride was required, for me the i10 was just for younger types (youth) and the ritz feels like a distinguished gentleman. opinions can vary, and this is mine.

Regards,
govigov
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:20   #665

Go For Ritz ZXI, as a proud owner of the same, i can confirm that you will not be disappointed...

Though i would suggest that do carry out a Petrol Vs Diesel analysis for the estimated distance you will be travelling. It makes sense to go for Diesel if your travel is high on a monthly basis.

But when safety needs are a priority (like for me), no better choice than Ritz ZXI....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Saw some comparisons of Ritz with i10. Since I am looking to buy a hatch, I took TDs for both Ritz ZXi and i10 Asta and here are my thoughts:

Benefits of Ritz over i10:

1. Cabin is roomier and more legspace in the rear seats.
2. Ritz engine seemed more peepy and eager, especially at lower speeds. i10 seemed laboured.
3. Price - Ritz has a discount of 25k as opposed to 20k on Hyundai. The top version difference is almost 30k. Asta has some more goodies over Ritz, but Ritz has alloy wheels in ZXi.
4. Better GC for Ritz at 170.
5. Slightly bigger boot.

Benefits of i10 over Ritz
1. Excellent interiors
2. Butter smooth gear shift
3. Better looking car - Hyundai SA said Ritz looked as if it was damaged in the rear

Overall, I am leaning towards Ritz as I feel it is more VFM and fun to drive.
Old 25th June 2011, 16:20   #666
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Splash | Accessoires - Suzuki Automobielen

just look at the amount of accessories....

cruise control, rain sensors, dash kits, best phone holder i have ever seen in a ritz, trim kits, dash kits, official gt kits and official lowering springs.....

I am feeling sad for my ritz now.

move over i10 :P ! joking!!!

Last edited by govigov : 25th June 2011 at 16:24.
Old 26th June 2011, 17:48   #667
Senior - BHPian

I have extensively driven both the Ritz and the i10 (Ritz Vdi and the i10 Magna) and seriously about space and a big car feel, Ritz is far better. Ride and handling too the Ritz is better, though I feel the i10 has lesser body roll. Boot space is equal at least to my untrained eye. The quality of plastics and materials used is distinctly better in the i10 but the Ritz is definitely better than most Marutis that I have seen. I thought that the Hyundai motor had a slightly better low end torque than the k series petrol, but the Ritz felt a lot more eager and has a better top end. One big factor for the Ritz is that it feels and at least a class bigger than the i10 and finally if you get the diesel Vdi or the Ldi in picture then yes the Ritz is way more superior.
Old 29th June 2011, 23:16   #668
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a GEAR LOCK for the Ritz?If yes,where can i find it in Gurgaon/New Delhi?
Old 11th July 2011, 11:43   #669
BHPian

Finally booked Silver Ritz VXI (Dazzle: Celebration Edition). Thanks all for your valuable suggestions and inputs.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:31   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Finally booked Silver Ritz VXI (Dazzle: Celebration Edition). Thanks all for your valuable suggestions and inputs.
Congrats Panko. Looking forward to a detailed review of your car.

Thanks,
Manish
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 19:09   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Congrats Panko. Looking forward to a detailed review of your car.

Thanks,
Manish
Thanks Manish. I will definitely post one!
Old 12th July 2011, 20:34   #672
BHPian

Just got my Ritz VDI Metallic Pearl Racing green on the 7th. Awesome drive back from Mangalore to Bangalore.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:10   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Just got my Ritz VDI Metallic Pearl Racing green on the 7th. Awesome drive back from Mangalore to Bangalore.
Congrats.
The highway drive would have been great for sure, but how is the city driving feeling?

Is the turbo lag troublesome, you need to step on the pedal a little more than petrol cars to push the car to start going forward quickly?
(I did a long test drive yesterday, felt the pedal needs to stamped a bit more than half at many times,what do you feel?)
Old 18th July 2011, 22:33   #674
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Congrats.
The highway drive would have been great for sure, but how is the city driving feeling?

Is the turbo lag troublesome, you need to step on the pedal a little more than petrol cars to push the car to start going forward quickly?
(I did a long test drive yesterday, felt the pedal needs to stamped a bit more than half at many times,what do you feel?)
Always less than the petrol cars. Diesels take time getting used to, they are different. CRDi type Diesel cars can 'run' with much less effort compared to petrol cars.

There are a couple of things though, if you are conscious about gearing at all times, you'll never have issues, and if you are not, you'll only get something called turbo lag.

Petrol engines are free revving, so they have a better response in the first gear, just in case you want to do jack rabbit starts.
Old 19th July 2011, 10:42   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Always less than the petrol cars. Diesels take time getting used to, they are different. CRDi type Diesel cars can 'run' with much less effort compared to petrol cars.

There are a couple of things though, if you are conscious about gearing at all times, you'll never have issues, and if you are not, you'll only get something called turbo lag.

Petrol engines are free revving, so they have a better response in the first gear, just in case you want to do jack rabbit starts.
Even i've heard Crdi's need less effort to be run.

So how do you shift gears exactly to avoid turbo lag both in city and highway conditions, I hope you dont helping me with the same

Because when i did the Ritz test drive, i felt i was putting more efforts, i had to stamp the pedal push the rpm go past 2200 and then upshift.
Normally in petrol cars i do not stamp the pedal, just touch and press and little and upshift, only from 3rd gear onwards i start pressing the pedal a little more. I try to get the best FE within the city

Most Viewed