Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 11:52   #736
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I have about a 2 month old Vdi. Everything is fine but on descending speed breakers especially the steep ones and when the car is slightly faster than crawling speeds. I get a distinct "khat" sound from the front wheel\shoock\suspension area. Looks like something is banging against something on descending speed breakers. Has any one had a similar thing happening to their Ritz?
I just completed last night 2500km and experience the same thing on the front RHS wheel. Especially when descending a speedbraker and also when getting into and out of potholes. THis is shocking for a brand new car. If its an inherent problem then Maruthi must sort it out.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:07   #737
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
I just completed last night 2500km and experience the same thing on the front RHS wheel. Especially when descending a speedbraker and also when getting into and out of potholes. THis is shocking for a brand new car. If its an inherent problem then Maruthi must sort it out.
Well, I think I have mentioned this before on the forum, but can't remember which thread, THAT this is inherent to all Marutis.

I have a WagonR, Alto 1.1, Ritz Vdi. . . . all do the thud while the wheel jumps off a speed breaker.

You are going faster over a breaker than you should, go slow, and it will be fine.

Also, in case you have more weight in the car, e.g. all four adult passengers, you'll almost never hear it, UNLESS you try flying over a speed breaker.

In fact, the other day, I was dropping one of my colleagues, and the road was full of holes! (on which I was going fast), suddenly he mentioned "your suspension seems to have gone bad", so I had no reply! and I said, "no no it's nothing".
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 12:16   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Well, I think I have mentioned this before on the forum, but can't remember which thread, THAT this is inherent to all Marutis.

I have a WagonR, Alto 1.1, Ritz Vdi. . . . all do the thud while the wheel jumps off a speed breaker.

You are going faster over a breaker than you should, go slow, and it will be fine.

Also, in case you have more weight in the car, e.g. all four adult passengers, you'll almost never hear it, UNLESS you try flying over a speed breaker.

In fact, the other day, I was dropping one of my colleagues, and the road was full of holes! (on which I was going fast), suddenly he mentioned "your suspension seems to have gone bad", so I had no reply! and I said, "no no it's nothing".
THanks for the reply! If its a inherent problem why doesn't Maruthi sort this out? Am sure it won't take too much to sort this out.
Old 16th October 2011, 07:57   #739
BHPian

My new Ritz vxi started making some weird sound from left side rear suspension on uneven roads.it was like a spring being pushed to its Max. Suddenly it stopped. Did anyone face this? Car has done just 500 kms on odo. No sound whatsoever now.had to zip up with service guys because of this sudden change in sound semantics.
Old 16th October 2011, 23:01   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
My new Ritz vxi started making some weird sound from left side rear suspension on uneven roads.it was like a spring being pushed to its Max. Suddenly it stopped. Did anyone face this? Car has done just 500 kms on odo. No sound whatsoever now.had to zip up with service guys because of this sudden change in sound semantics.
you will hear some khat sound while crossing speed breakers..i've been told its a normal thing with maruti because of stiff suspension setup. nothing to worry.

Apart from this if your facing any other sound, get the car lifted and get the suspension checked.
Old 17th October 2011, 10:24   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars

you will hear some khat sound while crossing speed breakers..i've been told its a normal thing with maruti because of stiff suspension setup. nothing to worry.

Apart from this if your facing any other sound, get the car lifted and get the suspension checked.
This is different from khat sound. It is more like Chu Chu Chu type sound.but it is not persistent. It reappears on its own.
Old 17th October 2011, 15:14   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
This is different from khat sound. It is more like Chu Chu Chu type sound.but it is not persistent. It reappears on its own.
I have had similar experience, but it was coming from parcel tray.
I have wooden one with oval speakers mounted, for some reason there was a friction between the tray and the adjacent plastic cladding.

The sound disappeared one fine day, just like that

Last edited by dezpo : 17th October 2011 at 15:15. Reason: more clarity
Old 17th October 2011, 15:59   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo

I have had similar experience, but it was coming from parcel tray.
I have wooden one with oval speakers mounted, for some reason there was a friction between the tray and the adjacent plastic cladding.

The sound disappeared one fine day, just like that
Lucky you. I don't have a parcel tray. Any possible explanation someone can give for this weird behavior?
Old 17th October 2011, 19:26   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback
Did you check the tire pressure? Dealers are notorious for over inflating tires. That said I'm maintain 38&33
Old 17th October 2011, 19:35   #745
Senior - BHPian

Parcel tray did not give any sound so far in my Silky Silver Ritz VDI ABS. I fixed the MGA tray which is fit and it is the plastic tray insulated with.The tyre pressure for Ritz is 36 in front and 33 in the rear.Check whether the tools kept in left side of boot and make noise.There may be push problem on the rear suspense.
Old 22nd October 2011, 19:18   #746
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Parcel tray did not give any sound so far in my Silky Silver Ritz VDI ABS. I fixed the MGA tray which is fit and it is the plastic tray insulated with.The tyre pressure for Ritz is 36 in front and 33 in the rear.Check whether the tools kept in left side of boot and make noise.There may be push problem on the rear suspense.
Aren't they cold tyre pressures? I guess it is better to fill in 1 or 2psi more than the cold tyre pressures indicated on the tyre placard. When the tyre cools down after a ride the pressure will be the indicated on the placard.

I generally fill 38 in the front and 35 in the rear. Guys correct me if I'm wrong.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:33   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Aren't they cold tyre pressures? I guess it is better to fill in 1 or 2psi more than the cold tyre pressures indicated on the tyre placard. When the tyre cools down after a ride the pressure will be the indicated on the placard.

I generally fill 38 in the front and 35 in the rear. Guys correct me if I'm wrong.
Cold tyres i put 37 front and 34 rear.

This works perfect for me. I have wide 185 profile tyres.

I'm planning to keep tyre pressures of 37 front and 35 rear next time i go to check tyre pressure just to check what response do i get from the tyres. No one till date has complaint of a bumpy ride inside my ritz.
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:41   #748
BHPian

I had the clang sound from front suspension. Initially it's was the plastic cover scrapping the road while rolling over big bumps. You can check out the scrapping under the plastic.

Last week on highway went over a large puddle. The front dipped into the large pothole and on rebound took out the platic protector and broke the engine filter, draining the engine oil. Location of the filter is too low. Was stranded till I got a replacement.
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:27   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I have about a 2 month old Vdi. Everything is fine but on descending speed breakers especially the steep ones and when the car is slightly faster than crawling speeds. I get a distinct "khat" sound from the front wheel\shoock\suspension area. Looks like something is banging against something on descending speed breakers. Has any one had a similar thing happening to their Ritz?
I have experienced similar sound in my swift VDI ( 2yr 3months, 39K) , not necessarily on speed breakers, but I observed it when sudden breaking, and when I am on slope. I had previously not noticed that this happens on slope specifically but when
service center guy came and while talking he asked if this happens on slopes, I realized all incidents happened on more all less on slopes. . Then we had a test round, and confirmed that this happens on slope.
According to him this sound comes from suspension and is known issue, but nothing to do with brakes.

You can check if this is same by breaking slightly harder than usual on slope.

-Sanjubaba
Old 26th November 2011, 18:45   #750
Senior - BHPian

Ritz | Ritz car | Best Family Car in India | Best Small Car in India is down. Could it mean something? Something coming up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks