Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 19:45   #751
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Ritz | Ritz car | Best Family Car in India | Best Small Car in India is down. Could it mean something? Something coming up?
I can access it all right. Works for me.
Old 26th November 2011, 20:12   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I can access it all right. Works for me.
Ya, works now. I tried for 5 min before I posted my previous post. Was really excited!
Old 28th December 2011, 21:38   #753
BHPian

Hi Fellow T-Bhpians. I have a query and this has been eating my brains for the last three weeks.

I started ripping my 2100 km old Ritz VXi a few weeks ago and have noticed a weird odor creeping in whenever I redline (if that's what you call shifting at 5K). I have noticed that this odor strangely comes at the rear of the car and then moves forward. This odor is noticeable with the windows closed irrespective of the AC status.

I do not ride the clutch, all the tyres are properly inflated, fill up only at Shell and maintain all the vital fluids in the car.

The odor is feels like a cross between a hydrogen sulphide and dust/oil...cant really categorize.

What can it be? HELPPP
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:23   #754
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Hi Fellow T-Bhpians. I have a query and this has been eating my brains for the last three weeks.

I started ripping my 2100 km old Ritz VXi a few weeks ago and have noticed a weird odor creeping in whenever I redline (if that's what you call shifting at 5K). I have noticed that this odor strangely comes at the rear of the car and then moves forward. This odor is noticeable with the windows closed irrespective of the AC status.

I do not ride the clutch, all the tyres are properly inflated, fill up only at Shell and maintain all the vital fluids in the car.

The odor is feels like a cross between a hydrogen sulphide and dust/oil...cant really categorize.

What can it be? HELPPP

5k for a petrol is not redlining. It could be petrol smell which you are getting inside the cabin. Does this smell come always or is it when you fill up petrol? Do you fill petrol till the auto-cutoff point or fill till it overflows?
Old 24th March 2012, 10:34   #755
BHPian

Ive done 30,000 on my ritz and can give it top spot in the ruggedness even after heavy and spirited highway driving for last 2 yrs..

The only issue now I face is a bit of sluggish pickup and probably a dip in fuel consumption. What could be the probable reason, the service adviser says some turbo cleaning is required. Is it true?
Old 24th March 2012, 12:28   #756
BHPian

hi all ritz owners,

Is everyone facing the khat sound from the suspension or struts when you cross speed breakers over the speed of 15km/hr? even the easiest of the speedbreakers.
Old 24th March 2012, 13:28   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
hi all ritz owners,

Is everyone facing the khat sound from the suspension or struts when you cross speed breakers over the speed of 15km/hr? even the easiest of the speedbreakers.
This is normal behavior in all Ritz cars sold. No problems whatsoever here.
Old 24th March 2012, 21:18   #758
BHPian

may be your true Sparkled, but this is very sad stuff, when new guests or friends sit inside the car, they hear the noise and they ask, how old is this car now? i guess you need to get your suspension checked soon

though i have heard from a few guys, they have done something to get this khat noise sorted out.
Old 25th March 2012, 19:01   #759
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars
though i have heard from a few guys, they have done something to get this khat noise sorted out.
Yes, drive easy! That's the solution.
Its not Ritz specific, all marutis I've owned have made that sound when I don't slow down on a speed breaker. My Alto has had this sound and that too at much slower speeds than the Ritz.
Old 25th March 2012, 19:48   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
The only issue now I face is a bit of sluggish pickup and probably a dip in fuel consumption. What could be the probable reason, the service adviser says some turbo cleaning is required. Is it true?
The mechanic is referring to intercooler cleaning. Usually sluggish pick up & heavy smoke under acceleration are the symptoms of "oil in intercooler". Get it cleaned & your car will be back to shape.
Old 25th March 2012, 23:26   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Yes, drive easy! That's the solution.
Its not Ritz specific, all marutis I've owned have made that sound when I don't slow down on a speed breaker. My Alto has had this sound and that too at much slower speeds than the Ritz.
My alto on the other hand is zero sound. this is what annoys me, my cousin sits in my alto and there is zero sound even when i cross the speedbreaker at 20+speed, but on the ritz is too much khat khat noise.

I agree may be its the issue with Maruti, but there should be a solution to it
Old 26th March 2012, 22:28   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The mechanic is referring to intercooler cleaning. Usually sluggish pick up & heavy smoke under acceleration are the symptoms of "oil in intercooler". Get it cleaned & your car will be back to shape.
what is the cost of this activity in M.A.S.S?
Old 26th March 2012, 23:36   #763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
what is the cost of this activity in M.A.S.S?
They could charge anywhere from Rs. 200/- to Rs 400/- to Rs. 800/-. There is no standard charges. Depends on the A$$.

For cleaning it,

1. they need to remove the front bumper,
2. loosen the bolts for inter-cooler & take it out
3. spill diesel to it, shake it and empty inter-cooler. Poured out diesel will be black in color if there is oil present in the inter-cooler.
4. Repeat step 3 till the diesel that comes out is colorless
5. Keep it in the sun to dry up
6. Mount it back
7. Fix the bumper.

All in all a 30 min job, but not sure how do they charge it.
Old 1st April 2012, 11:41   #764
BHPian

How much does duplicate key costs for Ritz? Also what are the labour charges for the same? Any help, people?
Old 7th April 2012, 18:18   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
They could charge anywhere from Rs. 200/- to Rs 400/- to Rs. 800/-. There is no standard charges. Depends on the A$$.

For cleaning it,

1. they need to remove the front bumper,
2. loosen the bolts for inter-cooler & take it out
3. spill diesel to it, shake it and empty inter-cooler. Poured out diesel will be black in color if there is oil present in the inter-cooler.
4. Repeat step 3 till the diesel that comes out is colorless
5. Keep it in the sun to dry up
6. Mount it back
7. Fix the bumpeAll in all a 30 min job, but not sure how do they charge it.

Well I was able to get this task completed through a local service center within 15 min to be precise. It was easy and in sync with your direction.

The car now feels a lot better in power delivery and I dont notice that black smoke while accelerating in 2nd Gear.

Costed only 300 Bucks for the quick fix...

Cheers.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks