Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2012, 22:55   #766
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
How much does duplicate key costs for Ritz? Also what are the labour charges for the same? Any help, people?
Should cost you around Rs. 2000/- for a pair of keys. They should charge you Rs. 800/- for "registering" the new keys, which is ideally programming the immobilizer.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 01:27   #767
Senior - BHPian

Is the Petrol Ritz being produced now with the new Swift 1.2 engine.
I am asking because I saw a brand new Ritz yesterday, probbaly just delivered ,with the new Swifts exhaust end can , with the pipe facing downwards and took a guess it must be because of the new VTVT engine in the Ritz as well.
Must say the end can looked like an aftermarket one bcause the full mufler and pipe was visible from behind unlike the new swift which is covered by the rear bumper.
Old 8th April 2012, 03:48   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Is the Petrol Ritz being produced now with the new Swift 1.2 engine.
I am asking because I saw a brand new Ritz yesterday, probbaly just delivered ,with the new Swifts exhaust end can , with the pipe facing downwards and took a guess it must be because of the new VTVT engine in the Ritz as well.
Must say the end can looked like an aftermarket one bcause the full mufler and pipe was visible from behind unlike the new swift which is covered by the rear bumper.
did it have a different front end? if so, you saw the new one.
Old 8th April 2012, 13:53   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
did it have a different front end? if so, you saw the new one.
It had the old Ritz look. Guess, instead of making two different exhaust systems, it is been shared with the Ritz
Old 14th April 2012, 09:39   #770
BHPian

Well guys, had one of the very unforgettable driving experiences on the Taj Expressway. Had to travel to Agra for a couple of days work and tried the Expressway. Never had I thought that I'd be driving 200 KM without overtaking any vehicle or vice versa but it just happened.

Ah I wonder why Honda and Ford Launched Cruise Control on their high end versions. Truth is that it would be a blast of a drive on Expressway with zero fatigue.

The drive was nothing sort of sensational with just 2.15 hours from Noida- Agra which included just 1 hours 40 min from G.Noida to Agra. The expressway is still not complete and requires last minute patch up work as even Toll Booths are mid way through completion.

The Ritz as usual didnt disappoint and gave a rather odd 20 KMPL with needle at 100-120 Avg with AC one through out the 2 hour odd journey. I cant complain as I beat the Shatabadi Travel time from Delhi to Agra in the Ritz and I wonder how it would have been on the Vento or some other strong performer.

Some pics were taken while driving...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012287.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012292.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012296.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012298.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012305.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012306.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012311.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012313.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012316.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-12042012321.jpg  

Old 26th April 2012, 18:07   #771
BHPian

Planned to fit roof carrier to free up boot space -thule perhaps -anyone tried out/suggestions please
Old 30th April 2012, 14:46   #772
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how many Ritz owners have crossed 50k or more in their petrol cars ? I am thinking that we may never get to hear about the longevity or durability of this 1.2K engine because people who buy petrol cars are typically low milers.
Wonder if its as hardy as say, the old WagonR 1.1 or the Esteem 1.3 or the Zen 1L engines which are known for their reliability?

Last edited by sajo : 30th April 2012 at 14:48.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:17   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Well guys, had one of the very unforgettable driving experiences on the Taj Expressway. Had to travel to Agra for a couple of days work and tried the Expressway. Never had I thought that I'd be driving 200 KM without overtaking any vehicle or vice versa but it just happened.
Is it open for general public?

I don't remember seeing any official opening news anywhere.

I need to travel to Agra on 7th of this month for a family function would love to try this.

Where this connects to in Agra? I mean the exit point.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:30   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I wonder how many Ritz owners have crossed 50k or more in their petrol cars ? I am thinking that we may never get to hear about the longevity or durability of this 1.2K engine because people who buy petrol cars are typically low milers.
Wonder if its as hardy as say, the old WagonR 1.1 or the Esteem 1.3 or the Zen 1L engines which are known for their reliability?
Mine has done about 25K in about a year and half. Now my dad is driving it in Mysore and i am using my dad's swift. I can confidently say that 1.2L Engine in the Ritz is quite durable. Several folks in office have completed 50 or 70K on their petrol cars and they have no complaints.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:33   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Several folks in office have completed 50 or 70K on their petrol cars and they have no complaints.
Great to know that. The same engine which does duty on my Swift has barely 13.5k KMs on it in almost 2 years of ownership. So far, so good.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:40   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Great to know that. The same engine which does duty on my Swift has barely 13.5k KMs on it in almost 2 years of ownership. So far, so good.
I can only image how good the 1.2L engine would be on the swift. Mine is the 1.3L petrol swift. It still goes like stink on the highways but within the city, low end torque is quite pathetic.
On the Ritz, the 1.2L engine is really good. Drivability is good both in the city and on the highway.
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:58   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Is it open for general public?

I don't remember seeing any official opening news anywhere.

I need to travel to Agra on 7th of this month for a family function would love to try this.

Where this connects to in Agra? I mean the exit point.

Its open for entry with special pass . The expressway starts before pari chowk in g.noida and finishes on Agra-Firozabad(Kanpur) Highway. The exit needs a u turn to re-enter Agra which is about 10 km away from express. Its next to Jaypee Garden City.

Of late many of my colleagues/friends have used this and trust me , it takes as much time to reach Agra as it takes to Reach Gurgaon from Noida
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:09   #778
Senior - BHPian

What is this Special pass? and how to get one?
Old 4th May 2012, 13:46   #779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki's Ritz car has attained the 2 lakh sales mark in premium hatchback segment within a short span of 36 months of its launch. Ritz like its sibling Swift is one of the fastest models to achieve the 200,000 mark. The country's largest car maker sold over 64,000 units in the domestic market in 2011-12. The company has so far exported over 8000 units to some of the popular destinations include South East Asia and other neighbouring countries

2 lakh Maruti Ritz cars sold - The Economic Times
Old 4th May 2012, 17:31   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh
Mine is the 1.3L petrol swift. It still goes like stink on the highways but within the city, low end torque is quite pathetic.
Tell me about it (we have a 1.3L petrol Swift too) and I just hate the poor low-end torque - constant gear changes.
More so because my regular ride (Baleno) is awesome in that department - bare minimal gear changes and can chug along merrily in 5th gear even at ~1K rpm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks