Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:10   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Booked a Ritz VDi today!

Folks using Ritz VDi/LDi/VXi/LXi - I have a question. Anybody fitted the stereo from the ZXi? How is the sound quality? The price quoted to me by MGA is Rs. 9,500. Sound like a decent deal isn't it? And will look nice too.
Old 22nd May 2012, 17:07   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Booked a Ritz VDi today!

Folks using Ritz VDi/LDi/VXi/LXi - I have a question. Anybody fitted the stereo from the ZXi? How is the sound quality? The price quoted to me by MGA is Rs. 9,500. Sound like a decent deal isn't it? And will look nice too.
Let me be the first to congratulate you, Ritz is really an awesome car to own and being the owner of one I can really confirm it.
If you want your dash board to look good then you can go for ZXI music system but I would suggest you to go for aftermarket one as in that price range you will have a lot of options. You can even try some 2-din music system from kenwoo or pioneer.
.sourov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 22:48   #783
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Booked a Ritz VDi today!

When I bought mine, they offered me that free of cost (good old pre-inflation days ). There was no USB input at that time.

See a picture of my system here

My opinion is - this system has 2 advantages
- It looks very integrated
- Thieves won't be interested

The system otherwise is VERY average, or my speaker installations are bad (I have 6" JBL at front and JVC at the rear). Having said that, I can live with this, maybe you can too.

If you get decent speakers included in that 9.5k, then take it, else its not really value for money.

If possible get a car with ABS, it just inspires confidence! And there are VERY few of those around.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:46   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK

When I bought mine, they offered me that free of cost (good old pre-inflation days ). There was no USB input at that time.

See a picture of my system here

My opinion is - this system has 2 advantages
- It looks very integrated
- Thieves won't be interested

The system otherwise is VERY average, or my speaker installations are bad (I have 6" JBL at front and JVC at the rear). Having said that, I can live with this, maybe you can too.

If you get decent speakers included in that 9.5k, then take it, else its not really value for money.

If possible get a car with ABS, it just inspires confidence! And there are VERY few of those around.
Thanks for your reply!

The new intergrated one is manufactured by Alpine. The one you got seems to be a Nippon make. Anyways, I have almost decided to go in for it. The HU costs ø9.5k and 4 jbl door speakers cost 5k. I dont want to get these stuff fitted from accessory shops since I dont want them to tamper with the electrical system. And am not an audiophile as well. So I could also live with it :-)
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:34   #785
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar
The one you got seems to be a Nippon make.
True, mine is Nippon. Once you get your alpine installed, do leave a feedback on how it sounds.
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:36   #786
BHPian

Most showrooms also have music systems of other makes. I refused to take the GMA music system and took a JVC which was installed by the showroom itself before delivery.
Ask your sales agent about it. I guess they are simply trying to force sell it to you.
However, if you do like the product, do go ahead and buy it.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:13   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
True, mine is Nippon. Once you get your alpine installed, do leave a feedback on how it sounds.
Had been to the showroom today. Incidentally there was a Ritz VDi which was to be delivered today and they had installed the integrated Alpine HU. The sound quality was really good. Similar to what you get in i10 (or may be slightly better). They had installed Sony speakers (on the door) along with it. I guess it will sound much better with JBL speakers. The MGA guy demonstrated with FM as well as USB. CD, MP3 and WMA seems to be accepted formats. I'm going in for it!

Disclaimer: I'm not an audio guy. I just love my music.
Old 28th May 2012, 14:30   #788
BHPian

Saw one Ritz ZDi badge yesterday. Don't understand why people go for custom badging?!
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritz-zdi.jpg
Old 29th May 2012, 11:13   #789
BHPian

Guess the owner thinks VDI+Dazzle package= ZDI
b.t.w. will the facelift version have ZDI? Guess it will judging from the new Swift.
Old 30th May 2012, 09:09   #790
Senior - BHPian

Greetings to all t-bhpians!

Took delivery of a Glistening Grey Ritz VDi on Saturday!

Completed 300+ km till now. Attaching some pics.

I shall start an ownership thread once my car completes 1000km and first service is done.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ds1_47074.jpg

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ds1_47455.jpg

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ds1_47905.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Guess the owner thinks VDI+Dazzle package= ZDI
b.t.w. will the facelift version have ZDI? Guess it will judging from the new Swift.
My take on this - Ritz will remain a cheaper car to take on i10 and the likes. Swift has moved half a segment up. The current on-road price of Ritz VDi in Bangalore is already 6.68L. Introducing a ZDi will take the price to almost 7.75L, which, I doubt if people will pay for the Ritz. Also, Maruti runs the risk of people perceiving Ritz as a costlier hatch.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 30th May 2012 at 09:14.
Old 30th May 2012, 12:04   #791
BHPian

But it is mainly the Ritz petrol that is compared to the i10..and that has e ZXi version!!
Old 5th July 2012, 21:03   #792
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my father's Baker's Chocolate Ritz VDi (ABS) today. The waiting period was about 2 weeks. The delivery experience was smooth - not a surprise since we know the sales manager . Only accessory added was reverse parking sensor (apart from mudflaps and the like). There was enough fuel in the car for the ~20km trip back home.

I liked the seating position, although I felt the steering is a bit too low for the seat height. The dashboard and instrument console looked naked compared to what I'm used to in my Punto. I didn't feel much of a turbo lag - probably my experience with the national engine helped. I had expected the gear shift to have short throw, but somehow it doesn't feel that way. I had only a short spin in the car on very good roads - so I won't comment on the ride or handling part - although "I" felt a little uncomfortable taking a turn at 60, which I would've taken in my Punto without a second thought. However, it's likely that the discomfort came from the "tall boy, not a great handler" comments on Ritz that I've heard and my unfamiliarity with the car and not actually due to the car's behaviour at that turn.

Biggest difference I felt from our old Wagon-R was the steering. I was never comfortable driving the Wagon-R. Ritz's steering, while being light at parking speeds, is miles better than the Wagon-R's at speed.
Old 4th August 2012, 04:27   #793
BHPian

One of the most practical cars in the Indian market. Good power, lots of space, extremely comfortable, excellent FE (I get around 16 kmpl for my Vxi with 80% highway and 20% city driving). I actually like the rear, its unique the car stands out. Leaving out the periodic maintenance there is no additional spending needed. The engine is extremely smooth and at times you can't really guess whether the car engine is running or not and not to forget the Maruti A.S.S is simply superb!
Old 7th August 2012, 16:50   #794
BHPian

Starrsky

If you are braking while taking a sharp turn at speeds like 60, you will feel a bit of a body roll, but if you are accelerating, you won't.
But then it will never really matchup to the handling of the Punto in this regard!!
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:13   #795
BHPian

HI Guys

Needed some advice.
I own a Ritz VXI bought in March 2012.
Recently I hear a faint squeaking noise from the rear left tyre every time I brake. It is a very faint noise, and only initially once the brakes are engaged. Funny thing is, it does not occur every time e brake!!
From what i have figured, it occurs during light braking, or in low speed bumper to bumper traffic, when I have to ride both clutch and brakes.
I have noticed there is no loss in braking; the car stops as well as it used to. Neither is there and skidding or sliding from the rear left tyre as signs of uneven braking.
I somehow think it has something to do with the monsoons. Delhi has been having some heavy rains over the weekend, and it was actually after travelling over some bad roads with water logging (actually ran over a pothole or something which was submerged under water with a thump, although it did not seem to be that serious) that the car actually developed this problem.

What could possibly be the issue?
My second free servicing is due in September. Should i wait till then or take my car to the servicing station right away?

Eagerly awaiting your responses!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks