Old 22nd August 2012, 15:50   #796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu
HI Guys

Needed some advice.
I own a Ritz VXI bought in March 2012.
What could possibly be the issue?
My second free servicing is due in September. Should i wait till then or take my car to the servicing station right away?

Eagerly awaiting your responses!
The occasional squeaking sound from brakes is generally seen during monsoons esp if you also use the handbrakes when car is parked.The rear brakes are drum brakes.When the brake shoes get wet,they make the noise when they engage with the drum.The noise can also be due to defect in brakes.I'll suggest that you refrain from using handbrakes if you use and see the result.If it persists,get it checked as it might also end up as brake binding.
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:00   #797
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Thanks for the prompt response.
I do use the handbrakes while parking. Will try not using it for few days. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.\Thanks again for your response.
Old 29th August 2012, 11:44   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Ritz face lift to get an AT variant!

Quote:
The Ritz facelift automatic is likely to arrive at dealerships next month. This will also add another USP to the Ritz making it more competitive against sister car Swift
Maruti Ritz facelift to get an automatic gearbox
Old 29th August 2012, 12:46   #799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ritz face lift to get an AT variant!

Would be in the market for an automatic small car soon, for parents. And i guess the market was never better! A-star AT, Brio AT, Ritz AT and DZire AT.

This will replace our WagonR, and i think Ritz AT will be the best candidate for the job.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 13:47   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Any idea about introducing new colours? Maybe a bright red or the Swift deep blue?
Old 29th August 2012, 17:07   #801
BHPian

Hope Maruthi launches the AT in a diesel version. This is badly needed. When everyone is shifting to AT, why is Maruthi lagging behind?

Today it's impossible to drive in MT in our congested cities. However I still prefer a MT on the highway, but for the city, an AT is always better. Had a nice Santro AT two years back, but sold it as the mileage was about 6-7km/litre.

Still no one wants to give a small diesel car an AT! Why?
Old 17th September 2012, 12:47   #802
BHPian

I have a query to the Ritz owners over here. I got a Ritz Petrol for my parents at my native (Kerala) and got the delivery of the vehicle on 30th August. When I went for filling petrol for the very first time, I realized that the inside fuel filler cap is not attached to the body anywhere (usually, attached using a plastic cable in most of the other cars). It just came off and had to keep it in hand and screw it back after filling. Is it like this in the Ritz? Or is the cable missing from my car? I couldn't check it out in another car as I had to travel back, the very next day. Can somebody confirm this?
Old 17th September 2012, 12:58   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I have a query to the Ritz owners over here. I got a Ritz Petrol for my parents at my native (Kerala) and got the delivery of the vehicle on 30th August. When I went for filling petrol for the very first time, I realized that the inside fuel filler cap is not attached to the body anywhere (usually, attached using a plastic cable in most of the other cars). It just came off and had to keep it in hand and screw it back after filling. Is it like this in the Ritz? Or is the cable missing from my car? I couldn't check it out in another car as I had to travel back, the very next day. Can somebody confirm this?
Its like that in my Ritz too, guess its normal.
Old 17th September 2012, 14:04   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Its like that in my Ritz too, guess its normal.
Puneet.S, thanks for the reply. So I guess it's normal and I've to live with it. But what worries me is that I'm not the one who is driving it as I'm away and I've to trust the people who drive the car, not to misplace it.
So dumb of Maruti to not provide this nifty little cable. How much would it have cost them to provide it?
Old 17th September 2012, 14:40   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Puneet.S, thanks for the reply. So I guess it's normal and I've to live with it. But what worries me is that I'm not the one who is driving it as I'm away and I've to trust the people who drive the car, not to misplace it.
So dumb of Maruti to not provide this nifty little cable. How much would it have cost them to provide it?
No problem I wouldn't bother too much about the lack of an anchor for the fuel cap (although it sure is a convenient thing to have) as we all have been managing pretty ok so far since this nifty feature is a relatively new addition to Indian cars, even my 2004 NHC doesn't have it.

Last edited by Puneet.S : 17th September 2012 at 14:42.
Old 18th September 2012, 00:04   #806
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does any Maruti have this? I've not seen any.

Its not so hard to live with though, with Maruti having 40+% market share, all pump operators are used to this.

Last edited by SLK : 18th September 2012 at 00:06.
Old 2nd October 2012, 18:19   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Does any Maruti have this? I've not seen any.

Its not so hard to live with though, with Maruti having 40+% market share, all pump operators are used to this.
Hi, My Ritz VDI too doesnt have a chain for the fuel cap. I guess Maruti didnt think about providing it at all. Anyways , whenever I fill up at a pump, I keep an eye on the attendant who removes it and ensures he fits it back before closing the fuel hatch. It would've been nice if a chain was provided but nevertheless, we've gotta adjust. It's a pain, but cant help it.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:34   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy69 View Post
Hi, My Ritz VDI too doesnt have a chain for the fuel cap. I guess Maruti didnt think about providing it at all. Anyways , whenever I fill up at a pump, I keep an eye on the attendant who removes it and ensures he fits it back before closing the fuel hatch. It would've been nice if a chain was provided but nevertheless, we've gotta adjust. It's a pain, but cant help it.
Its a pain always and Its better to come down from the vehicle and stand next to the person filliing the fuel as he can do many different magic tricks to fool you and show you that the fuel has been fileld correctly.

What I do in my Ritzy is to park & switch off the vehicle, Open the remote fuel lid, get off the seat, go to the person and tell how much fuel i need and then watch every movements of the person who fills it and finally make sure that he has capped it properly and closed the lid.

My Logic is.. "Its my car, My life and My money on stake.. So Its only ME who should be careful.."
acatgain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 15:06   #809
BHPian

Thanks Acatgain ! I was always too lazy to get out of the car while filling up. The attendants would show the "zero dekho saab" on the meter and then probably go on with their mischief. Henceforth I'm gonna do what you have advised. You're right, Its MY car, MY Life and MY money at stake !!! I'm gonna be careful henceforth. Million thanks again.
andy69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 20:32   #810
BHPian

Something weird happened yesterday but turned out to be funny towards the end of it.

Can someone please tell me what's the top speed a Ritz VXi can achieve? Ideal road with no speed humps or dividers or pedestrian traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks