Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 13:35   #931

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

To the respected Ritz Owners,

Please let me know the facts as this is our first family car,

I'm planning to Buy Ritz Vdi model after a long lust of Swift 'Glistering Grey Metallic', but according to Official e-brochure from ritz website I found there is no color available called 'Glistering Gray' (owned and reviewed by respected member 'blue pulsar') instead 'Granite Gray' available now, My quess:- Does it look as royal as Glistering Gray or just plain Black ? If so, Is it possible to order the Gray color ? Anyway Around ?

As per the 'blue pulsar' review I was surprised & came to know that If user installed any electrical component other than MGA the warranty is completely void, In this case I'm planning aftermarket ICE from Kenwood (without CD,but aux/bluetooth/usb/radio) with suitable speaker,but as I gather there is no way around.

As the VDI is equipped with 4-Door Power Locks , What is it ? Is it Central Locking System ?

As the VDI is not equipped with Driver seat height adjuster how does it fare with 5.6" male like myself ? Is it comfortable for Ladies whose height is shorter than me (5.6") ?

What is Body Side Molding ? Is that black bar running in two doors ?

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2013 at 12:07. Reason: PM coming up
Old 27th May 2013, 16:23   #932
BHPian

Hi Neelz,

To answer your questions.

a) Yes, Glistening Grey Colour is no longer available in Ritz. Granite Grey does not resemble black. IMHO it is close to Ford's Sea Grey. I believe you cannot customise colours.
b) I believe Maruti is not too firm/rigid as Ford/VW/Skoda on warranty issues. The ICE in my Ritz was not done at MASS and I don't have any issues with my warranty
c) The 4 Door Central Locking - The keys from drivers side door controls locking/unlocking mechanism. You also have a seperate button on the power window console to control this. You wouldn't be provided with a remote control as in the 'Z' variants though. You can opt for MGA accessories.
d) I don't think you would need the seat height adjustment. Ritz seating position is pretty decent. You might need the seat height adjustment in case you go for long drives.
e) Yes, body side moulding is the black strip that is fixed on the door to prevent them from scratches.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2013 at 12:07. Reason: Quoted post edited
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 17:29   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Keep the rpm near to 2k mark and if you want to up shift change gears @ 2.5 mark,there will not be any issues at all .
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Don't worry buddy the Ritz will not disappoint you whatsoever. For the ghat section keep the engine RPM above 2000 and only then upshift.
Regarding tailing the Innova I feel your ritz will be nimble and flickable but keep in mind about the slight body roll and tall boy design so don't push the limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
No, its just the gearing that you should get right.
With the Ritz, be ready to push and travel light.
Thanks a lot guys. I could use some tips as to how to go about driving this machine. After being behind the wheel of a petrol car for ~9 years, I feel my own insticts won't do justice to the capabilities of this car. How about some pointers on
1. When I wanna go "powerrrrr...", you know, ride the torque wave.
2. When I want the car at its fuel efficient best (highways and city)
Old 27th May 2013, 17:31   #934
BANNED

Hi Neel,

Answering your questions in sequence.

1) The colour that you want is available in the older model of the Ritz and the new model that has been launched is slightly different. May not be that different. If you are too particular that you need the Glistening grey then you would have to settle for an older model (VIN-12 or an early VIN-13 car) prior to the launch of the Refreshed Ritz series. Did you visit any dealer and see the car in real for comparing the Glistening Grey v/s Granite Grey?

2) If you are wanting to install ICE for the new car, talk to the service manager there and tell him that you will buy all speakers, HU and all but just install it before delivery at MASS. I had done the same as I wanted ICE on my car and installing it outside could void warranty. I bought the 4 speakers and gave it to the guys there. They installed and delivered the car to me. Some times if you take the car to a good guy in your locality he will install it carefully without hampering the wiring so you don't loose your warranty.

3) Yes! It is Central Locking.

4) Seating position is naturally high in the Ritz so need not worry much about visibility but I am sorry as I cant really answer this question.

5) Yes its a black strip running on the doors.

Cheers,
Anurag.

a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 17:46   #935
BHPian

Hey Neel,
I was told by my dealer that the new grey is similar to what's available for Swift (you're likely to spot one of those on the road). It's actually a much lighter shade. But on the other hand, I spotted a Ritz the other day in a very dark shade of grey, almost black. Don't know whether this is a custom colour or a new shade. It's a personal opinion, but I thought it was just Batmobile wicked!

Yes, the 4 door power lock is practically central locking. No alarms and whistles. Just plain central locking.

Body side molding is the black bar you mentioned. It used to be an extra earlier, I believe. Now standard equipment.

SlowRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 01:24   #936

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2013 at 12:08.
neel2007 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th May 2013, 09:29   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Hey Neel,
I was told by my dealer that the new grey is similar to what's available for Swift (you're likely to spot one of those on the road). It's actually a much lighter shade. But on the other hand, I spotted a Ritz the other day in a very dark shade of grey, almost black. Don't know whether this is a custom colour or a new shade. It's a personal opinion, but I thought it was just Batmobile wicked!

Yes, the 4 door power lock is practically central locking. No alarms and whistles. Just plain central locking.

Body side molding is the black bar you mentioned. It used to be an extra earlier, I believe. Now standard equipment.
For Colors,
1. You can persuade the dealer to take you to the stockyard to have look at the cars irrespective of variants to get an idea.
2. Try different dealers and check whether they have grey in their showroom or stockyard.

On-road cars might be older versions as in 2012 ritz models.
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:38   #938
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition Ritz (again). This time its called the Ritz@buzZ (sounds like a honey bee )

12 new features have been added:

Advanced Audio system with USB & Bluetooth
Art Leather seats with Ritz branding
Rear parking sensors
Steering wheel cover
Strong bumper protector (not sure what this is)
Door sill guards
Rear parcel tray
Body Graphics (c'mon its a Maruti )
Mud flaps
Powerful 6" speakers (not sure how powerful they are)
Door Visors
Floor mats

Attached the pic from today's TOI. The ad does not say whether its diesel or petrol specific edition and should be applicable for all variants.

IMHO, looks like another poor attempt by MSIL to sell the Ritz.

Note to MODS: Please move this to the right thread if posting here is not appropriate.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-20130623_090707.jpg  

Last edited by srinath34 : 23rd June 2013 at 09:39. Reason: MODS note
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 11:16   #939
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki readies up @buzz Limited Edition Ritz

Link to News Section

Launching limited/special edition car models has come to become Maruti Suzuki's standard ploy to pep up sales of slow selling cars. The Ritz hatchback is the latest Maruti Suzuki to jump onto the limited edition bandwagon. Dubbed the Ritz @buzz, the limited edition variant of the hatchback gets 12 new features. While the Maruti Ritz website lists out the various new features on the @buzz model, prices are yet to be updated. Also, it is uncertain as to which variants of the Ritz get the @buzz treatment.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-maruti-ritz-buzz-1.jpg

While more information on this front is expected to be available shortly, here's the round up of features on the new Ritz @buzz model.

On the inside, the car gets the following new features,
  • 2-DIN stereo system with Bluetooth and USB features
  • 6 inch speakers
  • Reverse parking sensors
  • Art (synthetic) leather seat covers
  • Rear parcel tray
  • Steering wheel cover
  • Floor mats (Maruti claims that the new mats are more durable)
  • Door sill guards

On the outside, the Ritz @buzz comes with,
  • New body graphics on its flanks
  • Bumper protectors
  • Door visors
  • Mud flaps (said to be more durable units)

Note: Going by the image of the Ritz @buzz model as seen on the official website, the car could get a new paint scheme.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-maruti-ritz-buzz-2.jpg

The Ritz hatchback is available in 7 variants and is Maruti Suzuki's second B+ segment hatchback offering, apart from the best selling Swift. Though available with multiple engine and gearbox options, the Ritz remains a slow seller when compared to the hot selling Swift. So, the limited edition variant of the Ritz seems like yet another attempt by Maruti Suzuki to keep the buzz around this car alive. Last year, Maruti Suzuki facelifted the Ritz with changes to the exteriors and new features on the interiors.

The Ritz's two engine options include a 1.2 liter K-Series petrol motor (87 PS-114 Nm) and a 1.3 liter FIAT Multijet turbo diesel motor (75PS-190 Nm). While a 5 speed manual gearbox is standard, a 4 speed automatic gearbox is available as an option in the VXi variant of the petrol engined Ritz. ABS+EBD and twin airbags are standard on the top end (ZXi and ZDi) variants of the Ritz while the mid variants (VXi and VDi) can be specified with ABS+EBD.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 24th June 2013 at 11:19. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 11:31   #940
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki readies up @buzz Limited Edition Ritz

What about the price? usually for such special models, they do not offer the 'unofficial' but standard discount that they give on the normal models, if not asking for a premium. And also, is this model available in the all the variants or just a specific variant.
i remember a special variant of Wagon R was available only in the LXi variant, which rarely makes sense as just for by adding a little amount to over the premium, one could afford the discounted VXi price.
Old 24th June 2013, 13:05   #941
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki readies up @buzz Limited Edition Ritz

For a change i kind of liked this Maruti official Sticker work

Now that the month of June is almost ending and things like this only mean that our June monthly sales report will also have downward trend only.
Old 24th June 2013, 14:03   #942
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking the exact same thing!! That sticker work looks good for some reason.

Ritz did get a proper limited edition once called the genus, which had the rear wiper and a different color. At least that rear wiper was a good add on for that limited edition run.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:53   #943
Senior - BHPian

I think the Genus even had higher variant's tacho meter. That was a proper limited edition, and I still love that peacock blue colour. This time the sticker job is good, but rest is all play with MGAs. No particularly impressive addition such as tacho meter to lower variants or rear wiper, which are very difficult to obtain otherwise.
Old 25th June 2013, 09:38   #944
BHPian

I had booked a Ritz ZXI last wednesday and seeing this ad enquired the sales man and he said the limited edition will be on a VXI with an additional price of 18000.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:04   #945
BHPian

abuzz is on VXi with 18000 premium price?
the 2-din alone would cost somewhere around 12-14K, with speakers....
Besides that, they are offering seat covers ( are they actually the removable ones or the seats come in this colour?)..if they are the removable ones, then after market seat covers would cost around 6-8K i guess. This alone would cover the 18,000 premium price...
B.t.w. i do not care much about stickers so refuse to take their price into account...the mudflap and mats are basic stuff, you can easily haggle them free out of a dealer in today's market....the old VXI had sil guards, although black ones...the new customised sil guard may look good, but really need to see them upfront for quality.
The rear assist would cost around 2K (it seems maruti is offering the cheapest one anyway )

So overall, not a bad package...but a good bargainer would be able to get a better deal off normal models with official unofficial discount and freebies i guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks