Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 08:23   #1156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

Hey! Ritz was always BSIV. Though I think there is no way to prove that, since none of the documents state the pollution compliance. So I have a 2009 model BSIV car but since I can't prove that, I get a 3 month PUC certificate instead of 1 year prescribed for BSIV.
Here the PUC is every 6 months irrespective of the BS version.

Anurag.
Old 12th April 2014, 10:26   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No I haven't felt any change in the versions.

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Hey! Ritz was always BSIV. Though I think there is no way to prove that, since none of the documents state the pollution compliance. So I have a 2009 model BSIV car but since I can't prove that, I get a 3 month PUC certificate instead of 1 year prescribed for BSIV.
I am a bit confused actually.
Between the new swift and the old swift, there is a world of difference in the way the new one drives - having lesser turbo lag and lesser turbo boost but more linear power delivery. I was expecting the current Ritz to have the engine in the same tune as the current Swift.

Am I missing something?
Old 12th April 2014, 11:22   #1158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

I am a bit confused actually.
Between the new swift and the old swift, there is a world of difference in the way the new one drives - having lesser turbo lag and lesser turbo boost but more linear power delivery. I was expecting the current Ritz to have the engine in the same tune as the current Swift.

Am I missing something?
Lesser turbo lag, linear delivery of power and that kick-back when turbo spools is evident but not like in the Ritz and Old Swift. The change to engine behavior is only given to Swift and NOT to Ritz.

Anurag.
Old 14th April 2014, 21:18   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1500 rpm may mean this is NOT related to turbo as turbo spooling will happen from 1800 rpm or so.
I got my Ritz serviced at Mandovi last week, it so happens that the turbo was indeed damaged. What the Mandovi guys told me though was pretty amusing. They said that the damage to the Turbo was within limits, and that I can drive it for more than 10k kms. They however, couldn't guarantee that the Turbo would not give away completely much sooner. They were like drive the car until the turbo completely breaks!

Anyway, the turbo unit is now replaced and the Whoosh! is gone.

Also, the fuel filter sensor was damaged, had that one replaced too. The car is in acceptable condition at the moment. I will get it back in top condition soon. I am going to need some help here from you guys though.

Thanks guys!
krivbel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 21:24   #1160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krivbel View Post
I got my Ritz serviced at Mandovi last week, it so happens that the turbo was indeed damaged.

I will get it back in top condition soon. I am going to need some help here from you guys though.
Can you please explain to us what Mandovi had to say for a Turbo failure? Was it replaced under warranty?

What help do you need from all here? Please ask we are all ears open.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th April 2014 at 21:26.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 09:22   #1161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got my Ritz serviced at Mandovi last week, it so happens that the turbo was indeed damaged...

Anyway, the turbo unit is now replaced and the Whoosh! is gone. ...
As mentioned right above my post, please do get us the complete details. We might get some more tips on maintaining the turbo. And what's the cost of replacement (they would have put it in the bill even though it was covered under warranty)?

Quote:
...Also, the fuel filter sensor was damaged, had that one replaced too...
For the fuel filter sensor, there is a light in the console which comes up when there is a problem. Was it lit for you?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th April 2014 at 09:28.
Old 15th April 2014, 13:38   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned right above my post, please do get us the complete details. We might get some more tips on maintaining the turbo. And what's the cost of replacement (they would have put it in the bill even though it was covered under warranty)?
I paid 16.5k for the replacement of turbo. My car is 4 years old, so there wasn't any warranty. I had an accident a few years ago, I was sandwiched between a Tata Sumo and Santro. The Santro guy kept banging me from behind, when the Tata Sumo abruptly stopped on Bangalore Mysore Highway. I guess the Turbo was damaged then, and gave way completely last year. I did ask the Mandovi guys as to how we can maintain turbo. According to Mandovi there is nothing much a customer can do to prevent what happened to my car. They claim that a foreign particle entered the hose, and damaged small fan (Layman alert! ). I saw that the fan was broken.

Quote:
For the fuel filter sensor, there is a light in the console which comes up when there is a problem. Was it lit for you?
The light was always on for several months. Visits to Mandovi, and Girimaji was useless. They told me that they had cleaned the filter, but the light was still on. Only after I asked them to dry the fuel tank dry they told me that the sensor was broken. Anyway, there is an annoying rattling sound at the front left side of the car that can be heard at times. I had complained to Mandovi to check the sound, but they claimed that they did not hear the sound.

Is it just that the car is showing its age because of my usage? I hope not...
krivbel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 15:34   #1163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...The light was always on for several months. Visits to Mandovi, and Girimaji was useless. They told me that they had cleaned the filter, but the light was still on. Only after I asked them to dry the fuel tank dry they told me that the sensor was broken....
Months? I think the manual clearly states that if this light comes on, you should be driving much. At least this is what Surakshaa guys told me when I called them up. I was asked NOT to drive even 10 kms before it had to be replaced.

This definitely is NOT a sign of driving, but quality of fuel.
Old 15th April 2014, 15:45   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Months? I think the manual clearly states that if this light comes on, you should be driving much. At least this is what Surakshaa guys told me when I called them up. I was asked NOT to drive even 10 kms before it had to be replaced.

This definitely is NOT a sign of driving, but quality of fuel.
I had taken the car to Mandovi immediately after I saw the light, they didn't think it was a problem. And, I did my bit of ignoring. Anyway, it was indeed stupid of me to continue driving after the light came on. I will be careful going forward.

I got the annoying noise I spoke about in the morning rectified just now. It so happens that the seat adjuster lever was the culprit, and it is a design flaw in the Ritz. The lever did not give me a problem all these years, don't know what went wrong now? Or maybe just maybe, I have begun listening to my car's cries. .

50,000 kms till date, and Ritz has not let me down once though!
Old 15th April 2014, 16:03   #1165
BANNED

Quote:
They claim that a foreign particle entered the hose, and damaged small fan (Layman alert!). I saw that the fan was broken.
Any pictures?

The fan is the turbo vanes that rotate at very very high RPM and are sensitive to debris and stuff. A very delicate part of the car and needs some care like:

1) Don't drive like maniac till the engine temperature is at an operating zone (I know the Ritz doesn't have a temperature gauge but my R&D says that driving the car normally till the first 6-7 kms (Not above 60 kmph and NO touching the turbo range i.e 2000 RPM) should get the engine in its operating temperature);

2) Leave the car at idle for 30 seconds after reaching home before shut down as the oil the system will cool the turbo and get it normal temperature.

Quote:
The light was always on for several months.
Several Months!

I would NOT drive it for a few kms also. Remember one thing sir, any warning light on the instrumentation console is NOT to be ignored/neglected. You cannot guess what harm that is doing to your internals.

Quote:
I had taken the car to Mandovi immediately after I saw the light, they didn't think it was a problem.
Ask them to read the owners manual first and then start servicing cars, how ridiculous on Mandovi to say all is normal. The fuel filter warning light comes up when there is water accumulated in it and needs to be drained and ECU error to be reset after which that light goes.

Quote:
and it is a design flaw in the Ritz. The lever did not give me a problem all these years, don't know what went wrong now?
I have owned a Ritz VDi myself (1.08 lakh kms done in 3 years) and I never had an issue ever so the ASC guys need to be frank and tell you what the problem is rather than blaming car for a design fault.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th April 2014 at 16:04.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 17:02   #1166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had taken the car to Mandovi immediately after I saw the light, they didn't think it was a problem. And, I did my bit of ignoring...
If I may suggest, please service the car with Surakshaa, Bommanahalli! Those guys know team-bhp and they give extra care for such vehicles. Otherwise also there was NOT a moment for me to frown with respect to the servicing. I am choosy and they always made me smile with their work. Never had to pin point anything to them.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 17:57   #1167
BHPian

Suzuki Ritz Windshield Cracked - Replacement Cost ?

Yesterday I was driving my Suzuki Ritz in GST Road (Chennai) to office and while driving heard a sound as if a stone hit the car body.

After few minutes my friend in front passenger seat noticed the cracked windshield. The crack was at top left corner when seen from inside the car. The crack was around 3 to 4 inches in length.

After coming to office parking lot, I noticed stone pieces were in the location where it hit.

I don't remember following a truck, but I am not sure.

I called up ABT Maruti, Guindy and they said the approximate charge would be around 9000 rupees to replace the windshield. Also they said Insurance claim is a possibility but not sure.

I thought I would do the replacement next month as I take car weekly once to office.

But when I returned back in the evening, I noticed the crack length has increased. Hot sun might be the reason, I was not sure.

Also I am not sure if it's safe to take the car without changing the windshield.

I have few questions.
  1. What might be the approximate charges to replace the Windshield?
  2. Can insurance be claimed?
  3. Will there be any leakage in future?
  4. My friend suggested to go to WindShield Experts instead of ABT Maruti service center, is it ok?

I felt happy that the windshield didn't shatter, otherwise didn't knew what would have happened!. Even though I am less susceptible for sudden surprises still....

Request to mods, I was not sure where to post this thread, hence posted it here, please move to appropriate location if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-morning.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-evening.jpg  

Old 28th April 2014, 08:39   #1168
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Ritz Windshield Cracked - Replacement Cost ?

The windshield for my A-Star cost Rs. 6500 in december 2012 at an independent garage in Mumbai. So 9000 for Ritz seems reasonable. The workshop was referred to by my insurance agent at Tata AIG and they paid about 5000 bucks. The glass broke when a mango fell on it.

Now whether your insurance will pay may depends upon the type of insurance you have. Mine is comprehensive. The cost may be a bit lower if you try an independent garage.

Last edited by amolbh : 28th April 2014 at 08:42.
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 08:55   #1169
Distinguished - BHPian

As per the price list which isnt changed much AFAIK, the front windshield costs Rs. 3196, which along with labour, glue etc may touch 5-5.5k at the most. How much NCB do you have on the car? If you havent claimed for a while, I suggest you pay from the pocket itself.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 09:21   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
I have a few questions.
  1. What might be the approximate charges to replace the Windshield?
  2. Can insurance be claimed?
  3. Will there be any leakage in future?
  4. My friend suggested to go to WindShield Experts instead of ABT Maruti service center, is it ok?
1) I cannot say how much would a ritz windshield cost. But usually, MASS charge more. Reason being that most customers claim insurance for it.

2) Insurance can be claimed. Fairly easy process. Even easier if you deal with windshield expert.

3) If the installation is done properly, no problems whatsoever.

4) Yes it is ok. Windshield experts are the best in the business. I got my Corolla's windscreen replaced from them 5-6 months back. Very professional attitude. Costed me ₹9k with labour. They gave Bosch wipers as a freebie

I would suggest replace the windshield ASAP. You can do so at windshield experts. Check their website and speak to their dealer in your city. They will give you a quote on the phone itself. They usually take a day to replace the windshield and even offer free drop service.

P.S. - If you haven't claimed insurance since the past few years, don't take a claim. Loss of NCB would be more.
amansanc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed