Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2014, 00:21   #1276
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Hey Guys,

Am planning to beef up the looks of my otherwise boring looking Ritzy by adding DRL's and Illuminated Door Sill Plates. I am thinking of getting these from E-bay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Xenon-Waterpr...item3391396bca

http://www.ebay.in/itm/IMPORTED-Car-...d705a00&_uhb=1

Need some help and advice.

Where would be an appropriate place to fix the DRL's so that they gel with the front looks and not look weird ?
I am thinking below the Fog Lamp Area. Also, will the Bumper need to be drilled for this ?

Where would the wires need to be connected and is there any Damage or Risk in making these modifications to the Car Wiring ?

I have also ordered this Chrome Exhaust Muffler Tip from AutoTrends.

http://www.autotrends.in/car-chrome-...-size-big.html

Appreciate any Inputs or Suggestions.

Oh, and btw, my Ritzy is motoring along nicely. Currently ODO reads 27,500 Kms in 1.6 Yrs. of Ownership. Consistently gives me around 18 kmpl Mileage. Just some minor rattles here and there which i guess is expected from a Maruti.

Cheers...
Old 30th July 2014, 10:40   #1277
BHPian

A small query to fellow BHPians. Does Ritz come with Hydraulic clutch? If yes how to soften the clutch. Clutch plate is in good condition as well there are no hiccups while applying or releasing clutch it is only hard. After driving about 40 Kms in Bangalore I feel pain on my legs because of this hardness.
Old 3rd August 2014, 11:58   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
A small query to fellow BHPians. Does Ritz come with Hydraulic clutch? If yes how to soften the clutch. Clutch plate is in good condition as well there are no hiccups while applying or releasing clutch it is only hard. After driving about 40 Kms in Bangalore I feel pain on my legs because of this hardness.
It is hydraulic clutch, I am not sure how to soften it you may have to contact mass for that, but I do feel the same as you, I try to keep my foot off the clutch and use handbrake judiciously, has helped me a bit.
MadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 22:52   #1279
BHPian

Guys, I want to report an Issue. Need some advice if it is a Major Issue or if i am just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Nearly since the time i have taken delivery of the car, i have noticed that when the steering wheel is kept exactly straight, as in the Suzuki S on the Steering Wheel pointing straight, the Car moves to the left. The Steering has to be tilted slightly to the right for the Car to move in a straight direction. I thought this might have to do with Wheel Alignment but does not seem like it. I have been overlooking this since i can live with it. No big deal. But thought of posting here to check the seriousness of the Issue.
I am attaching a couple of Pics that might help. The first one is when the Steering is straight and the Car moves to the left and the 2nd one is the one in which the Car moves straight forward.

Kindly advice.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Old 4th August 2014, 23:10   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Guys, I want to report an Issue. Need some advice if it is a Major Issue or if i am just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Nearly since the time i have taken delivery of the car, i have noticed that when the steering wheel is kept exactly straight, as in the Suzuki S on the Steering Wheel pointing straight, the Car moves to the left. The Steering has to be tilted slightly to the right for the Car to move in a straight direction. I thought this might have to do with Wheel Alignment but does not seem like it. I have been overlooking this since i can live with it. No big deal. But thought of posting here to check the seriousness of the Issue.
I am attaching a couple of Pics that might help. The first one is when the Steering is straight and the Car moves to the left and the 2nd one is the one in which the Car moves straight forward.
During alignment specify that the steering is off center. They will make the required correction. If MASS cant solve it, try a shop with a 3D aligner. In my case it was slightly to the left and the machine itself showed the offset during the initial setup. Later it was corrected since once the machine detects an off center, it will automatically suggest corrective action. At least that's what happened in my case.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 03:51   #1281
BANNED

Quote:

Nearly since the time i have taken delivery of the car, i have noticed that when the steering wheel is kept exactly straight, as in the Suzuki S on the Steering Wheel pointing straight, the Car moves to the left. The Steering has to be tilted slightly to the right for the Car to move in a straight direction.
Not an issue at all. Will be corrected during an alignment job.

IIRC, the tie rods need a minor correction to get the steering wheel straightened. Get it done outside and NOT at MASS.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 10:42   #1282
BHPian

Need a small advice regarding rear suspensions of Ritz. I have a 2011 model VDi and has run for about 65 K. Whenever 3 people are sitting at back I can hear a noise from suspension while crossing the speed breakers. This has started since last 2 days. Is there any thing need to be changed?
Old 12th August 2014, 17:40   #1283
BHPian

Thanks Audioholic and Anurag. Will get it checked soon at my regular Wheel Alignment Shop.

On a side note, got these recently for my Ritzy to beef up the Looks. Have ordered DRL's as well and they are expected to arrive soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140811_102731.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140811_102740.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140811_102805.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140811_103219.jpg  

Old 18th August 2014, 12:27   #1284
BHPian

I am planning to do a long drive from Bangalore to Bhopal in the 3rd week of October. This will be my first 500+kms long drive (about 1500kms one way). So I wanted to know if there is anything I should do before/during/after the drive? The car is Ritz ZXi and I've got the engine oil changed recently. I'm going to rest the car once every 500kms for 30 mins, to take care of tyre heat. I am planning to do this trip without any overnight halt. Might take about 24 hours to do this. Is it advisable to do that? Will I be pushing my car too hard, even though it's just an year old car? I didn't want to start a new thread about it, since I am just worried about my car here. SO wanted excerpts from Ritz Owners who've done long distance driving.
Old 18th August 2014, 12:50   #1285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I am planning to do a long drive from Bangalore to Bhopal in the 3rd week of October. This will be my first 500+kms long drive (about 1500kms one way). So I wanted to know if there is anything I should do before/during/after the drive? The car is Ritz ZXi and I've got the engine oil changed recently. I'm going to rest the car once every 500kms for 30 mins, to take care of tyre heat. I am planning to do this trip without any overnight halt. Might take about 24 hours to do this. Is it advisable to do that? Will I be pushing my car too hard, even though it's just an year old car?
I don't think there will be an issue at all. Try keeping speeds between 90-110 kmph as they are safest where one can drive on our highways, if and when you get good roads, raise the speed a bit.

Take sufficient rest the earlier night and have light food before you start and for the journey.

Keep check on tyre pressures and refill if required. Stepney (spare tyre) also should be inflated along with all tyre changing tools handy.

EDIT: Do check the wheel alignment and Balancing for safe side.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th August 2014 at 12:52.
Old 18th August 2014, 13:52   #1286
BHPian

Got LED DRL's fitted on my Ritzy today. It's very bright. However, the Car Accessory Shop has wired it to the Parking Light. No Fuse has been added. Shopkeeper said not required. So, the DRL's turn on when Parking Light is turned on. When asked if it is possible to wire it in a manner that it will switch off when the Headlight is turned On, he said it is not possible with these DRL's. That option is available in the expensive ones. Also asked for a Switch Setup if possible, to which he again denied.

Here are some Pics below. My only concern is whether these will be a hindrance or nuisance to the oncoming traffic during the night since it will be turned On during the night. Will wait n watch.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140818_125558.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20140818_125635.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2014, 12:43   #1287
BHPian

Is this true? Diesel AT for the Ritz finally?? Or just a false alarm?

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritz-diesel-.jpg

Source : Maruti Suzuki
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:34   #1288
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Is this true? Diesel AT for the Ritz finally?? Or just a false alarm?
A false alarm totally. Reason I am saying this is because I had read the same thing so sent a mail to Customer Care @ Maruti Suzuki. They did acknowledge the mistake but haven't bothered to correct it.

Sad, it is misleading customers.

IMO, Ritz AT is available I guess only in the VXi variant. Not sure about the current status as it is in production or withdrawn due to dismal sales.

Anurag.
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:44   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got LED DRL's fitted on my Ritzy today. It's very bright.

Here are some Pics below.
Abhi

Like you correctly mentioned, please note that the DRLs look bright even in post.

The ongoing traffic may face problems due to this. In the interest of safety of others, pls. use them judiciously.

Liked the sill plates but not the DRLs.

Your Ritz looks good BTW!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 23:07   #1290
BHPian

I have a question on back seat comfort of Ritz VXi. I am planning on buying a new car which will be a daily beater - driven primarily by my driver who will ferry my father everyday from work and back. I am looking for car which has good/great rear seat comfort on short drive of 20 kms one way.

If you have any other idea do let me know. Other options that I am looking for are Ertiga and Zest, having said that I am on a shoe string budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks