Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 11:13   #1306
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

I have tried to assemble a new sound deadener in my ritz diesel but I was unsuccessful. I tried to explore the reason behind less engine sound in swift diesel compared to the ritz diesel and this is the primary reason. Basically a marketing strategy by Maruti. A sound deadener is nothing but a piece of rubber matting under the bonnet. You must go the photos provided in the link above.
As a matter of fact try this- Open the bonnet of a new swift as well as a new Dzire as well as a new Ritz. Now start the Engines. Use a smart phone app and note down the sound in decibels. Turn Off the engines one by one starting with the Ritz, followed by the Dzire and swift. Note the reduction in sound. There is no difference in sound when the bonnet is open.
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:04   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Got mine at last !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-p_20141102_152619.jpg  

Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 21:31   #1308
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi with changed interiors

Hey,

Most of the dealers do not have Ritz Zxi in stock and say that getting a new one would take minimum 20 days. I found one who has a Granite Grey but with Red interiors, guess Ritz of grey color only comes with Red interiors. I have seen the car in their stock yard.

The dealer told me that he can change that to Grey interiors as it comes in other Ritz colors. Any idea how it is possible, I think its not only dashboard but also door panel and seat covers which have Red color. He told me that they send the car to factory in Mumbai and get that changed.

He is not charging me extra but told me that it would take 2-3 days to get the car ready.

What things I should be doing to make sure everything is fine as a brand car from factory ? Any idea how they do that or is the dealer taking for a ride. I have seen their brochures where it is clearly mentioned that Granite Grey only comes with Red interiors.
Old 25th November 2014, 23:04   #1309
BHPian

Re: Ritz ZXi with changed interiors

Sounds like the dealer might be taking you for a ride,if I were you I would walk away.
As far as I know the factory would never take a car back to change the interiors and as far as I know Maruti has no factories near Mumbai and the fact that he's not charging you any money for it is even more alarming.The car might be hiding some nasty surprises an the dealer might be desperate to get rid of it and that is why he might be trying to sweeten the deal for you.
Even if there is nothing wrong with the car,I am pretty sure that he is not going to send the car to the factory,he will probably get some of his guys to swap out the interior and I am pretty sure they will NEVER be able to match the level of finish of the factory install.
I would also advise you to get the VIN number of the car and decode it to get the manufacturing date of the car (there is a thread here on decoding VIN's) to check if he is not trying to sell you a very old car.
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 10:44   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ritz ZXi with changed interiors

I faced the exactly same situation till last month. I was told 20 days for a White or Silver and I didn't get delivery till 2 months. I finally cancelled and went for a dealer who had Granite Gray with Red interiors. You correctly mentioned that this color has only one option for the interiors and similarly Breeze Blue only has gray interiors.

I was skeptical about the interiors too and didn't like it however after using for a month and sitting in other Ritzs with normal gray interiors I somehow feel the red is better and goes well with the exterior color and adds a little youthfulness. Of course its your personal choice.

Anyways back to the point, the dashboard has 2 layers and I presume what your dealer will do is take of the upper layer (red) and stick on an aftermarket one maybe. Not advisable at all. Also i guess the doors and seats will still remain the same.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 13:32   #1311
BHPian

Hey finally got a Ritz Zxi with Grey interiors - (VIN#KE manufacturing - Oct 2014)

Got it for around 4.55L after exchanging it for my old WagonR.

For a 20-30 KM run got a mileage of 18.1-18.5 Km/L.
Old 30th November 2014, 14:15   #1312
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post
Hey finally got a Ritz Zxi with Grey interiors - (VIN#KE manufacturing - Oct 2014)

Got it for around 4.55L after exchanging it for my old WagonR.

For a 20-30 KM run got a mileage of 18.1-18.5 Km/L.
Congratulations on getting the most understated performer by Maruti. Wish you a happy long ownership with the car.

Just follow the run-in instructions till 1000 kms minimum after which do open up slowly.

Anurag.
Old 4th December 2014, 17:34   #1313

Dear BHPian's, I'm going to get my Ritz VXI very soon. When I took the TD, I felt that low end torque was a bit low particularly in 2nd gear. I had to gear-down couple of occasions. My question is, why there is a power lag particularly in 2nd gear? Ritz owners please enlighten me or is it the same in all hatchbacks in this segment?
Old 25th December 2014, 17:03   #1314
BANNED

I would like to change the Red Dashboard of my Granite Grey ZDi to Grey/Black ?

Will it look yuck ?

How much will it cost ?
Old 25th December 2014, 17:36   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Will it look yuck ?
Since you did not find the red dashboard looking yuck, the grey/black will not look yuck too.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 17:44   #1316
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotys View Post
Ritz owners please enlighten me or is it the same in all hatchbacks in this segment?
What was the odometer reading of the TD car which you were driving? Try doing a TD of another car from another dealer to get a clear picture!

The K12M engine is a gem.

Quote:

Will it look yuck ?

How much will it cost ?
I am not sure if there is a possibility to convert the colour of the dashboard from that dangerous red to the sober grey.

You'll need a dashboard change IMO

Try asking MASS on this subject or get a wrap job done.

Anurag.
Old 25th December 2014, 17:54   #1317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotys View Post
Dear BHPian's, I'm going to get my Ritz VXI very soon. When I took the TD, I felt that low end torque was a bit low particularly in 2nd gear. I had to gear-down couple of occasions. My question is, why there is a power lag particularly in 2nd gear? Ritz owners please enlighten me or is it the same in all hatchbacks in this segment?
We have a VXi with my brother in our family and I have a Wagon R. I love driving it more than my Wagon R just because of its 2nd and 3rd gear. I have never shifted to 1st gear on speed breakers where my Wagon R stalls in 2nd. Its a superb car. You might feel a little bit of lag in 2nd gear if you are light footed. You must keep the K12 in its powerband and you'll enjoy the drive with a great efficiency.
Old 25th December 2014, 17:56   #1318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Will it look yuck ?

How much will it cost ?
You just need to change the two panels ie passenger side upper panel and the panel above the instrument cluster. Must cost less than a thousand or two.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 18:00   #1319
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You just need to change the two panels ie passenger side upper panel and the panel above the instrument cluster. Must cost less than a thousand or two.
Can you please explain it in little detail ?

Can it be done from MASS or from other accessory shop ?
Old 25th December 2014, 18:48   #1320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Can it be done from MASS or from other accessory shop ?
The two parts which are red will have to be replaced by black coloured panels. You should order the parts through the MASS and instruct them to replace them with black ones. You wont get the panels outside and apart from MASS, the only other way is to order them through the spare parts distributor for MSIL and install them from any mechanic. Its a simple job.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks