Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 20:04   #1366
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Popular Maruti Muvattupuzha says there is a circular from Maruti that engine oil can be changed only in 10,000kms which is ridiculous. I have nominal running kms and that too mostly around the town or 20 to 45 kms drive.
Is your car under warranty or out of it?

If it is under warranty then you have to go as they say else you loose the warranty. If the car is out of warranty, just buy parts from an MGP dealer and get it serviced at any FNG.

Buy mineral oil of your choice and stick to 5K kms interval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Yes Its 2011 VDi. ODO is about 86000 Kms and I am looking for changing the plates and release bearings.
BTW, I forgot to ask, any specific reasons you feel that your car needs a clutch change?

Since you have fresh transmission oil, tell the mechanic to collect that in a clean container as you wish to re-use the oil and NOT willing to add new one.

If it is the clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearings then expect the amount to be around 7 to 7.5K in total.
Old 15th May 2015, 20:07   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is your car under warranty or out of it?

If it is under warranty then you have to go as they say else you loose the warranty. If the car is out of warranty, just buy parts from an MGP dealer and get it serviced at any FNG.

Buy mineral oil of your choice and stick to 5K kms interval.
The car is nearing 2 years and is under warranty and I've purchased extended warranty also. But, changing oil in another Maruti Authorized Service Station - How can it affect the warranty?
Old 15th May 2015, 20:11   #1368
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
The car is nearing 2 years and is under warranty and I've purchased extended warranty also. But, changing oil in another Maruti Authorized Service Station - How can it affect the warranty?
When it comes to warranty terms and conditions, these guys are crazy and go over board seeing to it that warranty isn't honoured even for such silly reasons.

Have you tried talking to your SA regarding this?

It shouldn't be a problem actually, I used to stick to 5K kms interval using mineral oil when I had the Ritz VDi till the car reached 30K kms IIRC post which I shifted to 10K kms interval with synthetic oil.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 23:15   #1369
BHPian

Have a big confusion..it would be great if some one can clear it.
With Ritz petrol, did Maruthi launch 2 different engines? ..like K-Series one and prior to K-series one? If so, when was the k-series engine launched?
Old 18th May 2015, 02:28   #1370
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
With Ritz petrol, did Maruthi launch 2 different engines? ..like K-Series one and prior to K-series one? If so, when was the k-series engine launched?
The launch of Ritz was done with the K12M engine.

It was the Swift that had initially the G13B engine IIRC and later on during the facelift it got the K12M engine.
Old 18th May 2015, 02:39   #1371
BHPian

Hi Anurag, I am planning for a Bangalore-Mumbai-Bangalore Trip this month end in my Ritz Lxi. Wish to change the stock Air filter with the K&N Replacement filter. I believe the model is K&N 33-2968. Getting a good deal from Amazon at Rs.5300/-. The ODO reads 26k as of now. Any suggestion/advice before the change.
Old 18th May 2015, 02:49   #1372
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Hi Anurag, I am planning for a Bangalore-Mumbai-Bangalore Trip this month end in my Ritz Lxi. Wish to change the stock Air filter with the K&N Replacement filter. I believe the model is K&N 33-2968. Getting a good deal from Amazon at Rs.5300/-. The ODO reads 26k as of now. Any suggestion/advice before the change.
The model is right as seen in the product description on Amazon. AFAIK, it is a direct replacement filter and needs no extra attention.

Prior going on the trip get the service done IF not done.
Old 18th May 2015, 02:56   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
The model is right as seen in the product description on Amazon. AFAIK, it is a direct replacement filter and needs no extra attention.

Prior going on the trip get the service done IF not done.
Thanks, the service has been done last week. Do you think there will be an improvement in the drive behavior on the Highway + increased FE after the air filter change?

Also, do you think I need to take an additional 1 litre of Engine Oil if the oil level drips during the trip? (currently using Shell 10w30 Fully synthetic)
Old 18th May 2015, 03:02   #1374
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Thanks, the service has been done last week. Do you think there will be an improvement in the drive behavior on the Highway + increased FE after the air filter change?

Also, do you think I need to take an additional 1 litre of Engine Oil if the oil level drips during the trip? (currently using Shell 10w30 Fully synthetic)
Great if the service is done already.

Drive ability and FE may increase as your going to be on the highway. The K&N filter is I guess for the sound and longer change intervals.

Does your car have any oil leakages issue? If no then IMO carrying isn't a need. But on the safe side you could have it inside in case you have any issue.
Old 18th May 2015, 03:09   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Great if the service is done already.

Drive ability and FE may increase as your going to be on the highway. The K&N filter is I guess for the sound and longer change intervals.

Does your car have any oil leakages issue? If no then IMO carrying isn't a need. But on the safe side you could have it inside in case you have any issue.
Perfect, thanks a lot for your advice. Just ordered one from Amazon. There are no leakages issues however thought of carrying a can for safer side.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 16:15   #1376
BHPian

thanks Anurag!
So Ritz is having K12M engine from the launch and there is no change till now right?
Any idea if there were any changes done with engine during 2012 facelift?
I was buying mine that time and I had the option to choose either the new version or old..and I took the old stock!

Quote:
The launch of Ritz was done with the K12M engine.

It was the Swift that had initially the G13B engine IIRC and later on during the facelift it got the K12M engine.
Old 18th May 2015, 18:53   #1377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
thanks Anurag!
So Ritz is having K12M engine from the launch and there is no change till now right?

Any idea if there were any changes done with engine during 2012 facelift?
I was buying mine that time and I had the option to choose either the new version or old..and I took the old stock!
No change during the facelift too. The facelift was mainly cosmetic. This is wrt the 75HP engine that hasn't received changed for power or anything else.
Old 18th May 2015, 19:39   #1378
BHPian

40K Service update for my Ritz vdi (2012 model)

Odo Reading - 39414
Complaints Reported : Sound from front struts

Service Center : Auto Team(MASS) ,Kochi
Again had a overall good experience with Autoteam. Sticked to mineral oil for engine.
Had to change 2 bush as well front stabiliser joint apart from normal service.
Total cost : 8000 Rs.

Of this around 1400 was part of labour + parts cost for bush and front stabilizer bar replacement.
Old 18th May 2015, 20:48   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
No change during the facelift too. The facelift was mainly cosmetic. This is wrt the 75HP engine that hasn't received changed for power or anything else.
Ok...it looks like Petrol engine got some changes in 2012.
After some digging today, I read it like they introduced VVT in 2012 Ritz petrol.
Old 19th May 2015, 11:44   #1380
BHPian

Have any ritz petrol zxi owners experienced issues with the clutch not being smooth? My ritz is about 2 years old and has run 10K kms. For a while now, the clutch seems jumpy and there is a step when you depress the clutch. Also there is a slight screeching noise when you depress the clutch fast when changing gears.
If I rev the engine a bit in first or second gear and press the clutch, there is a shudder . Is this to be expected?
I have complained twice about it to MASS before and every time they came back and said everything looks fine . I had to give the car for service today and have mentioned it to them again. Just wanted to get feedback if anyone else has observed this issue.
The car is mainly driven by my wife and she knows not to drive half clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks