Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 11:24   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Met with an Accident, Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Very sad to report that my Ritzy met with an Accident yesterday evening. Here's how the whole Drama happened:

Please find below Pics taken after the Damage was done.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sad to hear about the accident. Glad that no one got injured.
Since you have zero dep insurance, go ahead and get the car repaired using insurance.
There is no point in waiting for the police to conclude the investigation. It will be a long drawn process.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 12:12   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Re: Met with an Accident, Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Since you have zero dep insurance, go ahead and get the car repaired using insurance. There is no point in waiting for the police to conclude the investigation. It will be a long drawn process.
Completely agree with speedmiester on this.

abhi3284
Really good that you have zero dep cover. Get a copy of the FIR, claim insurance, get the car repaired as per ASS' advice.

These things happen. Move on with your life. Just be grateful that you and your family are safe.
Old 21st September 2015, 15:41   #1428
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Hello All,

What would be the total cost for the 40K service for Ritz VDi? I'm planning to get mine serviced next month.
Old 21st September 2015, 19:07   #1429
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hello All,

What would be the total cost for the 40K service for Ritz VDi? I'm planning to get mine serviced next month.
Hey, here is the bill for the 40K service in my Swift.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg

Should be similar for the Ritz too.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:26   #1430
BHPian

Hi all,

Lately i have noticed the ride on my ritz zxi to be on the firmer side. I maintain a tyre pressure of 31 psi and have stock rubber - JK Vectra

average running of 500 Kms a month(mostly in city) - any pointers to make the ride smoother please
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:34   #1431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaluJ View Post
Lately i have noticed the ride on my ritz zxi to be on the firmer side. I maintain a tyre pressure of 31 psi and have stock rubber - JK Vectra
Option 1: Decrease the air pressure by 1psi and see if it helps.

Option 2: Change your tyres to something more comfortable.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:10   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

average running of 500 Kms a month(mostly in city) - any pointers to make the ride smoother please
How many Kms have you done on stock tires ? JKs last till about 30,000 in good shape. After that best to get them changed.

If your car is over 3 years old, there is also a good chance the tire rubber has hardened causing the uncomfortable ride.

Get your tires checked.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:22   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Recommed tyre pressure on zxi variant is 29 psi for all 4 tyres. So just maintain that for better ride quality.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:39   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Option 1: Decrease the air pressure by 1psi and see if it helps.

Option 2: Change your tyres to something more comfortable.
Thanks ! will reduce the pressure to see if it makes a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
How many Kms have you done on stock tires ? JKs last till about 30,000 in good shape. After that best to get them changed.

If your car is over 3 years old, there is also a good chance the tire rubber has hardened causing the uncomfortable ride.

Get your tires checked.
Thanks. My ride is less than an year old - don't think its a case of hard rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Recommed tyre pressure on zxi variant is 29 psi for all 4 tyres. So just maintain that for better ride quality.
Thank you. Plan to reduce it to 30 at first and see if it makes a difference
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:53   #1435
Team-BHP Support

Did you try taking a reading from a different machine, sometimes machines will read wrong and you land up filling more or less. Even the same machine which you were using once serviced can cause such headaches Assuming you are relying on external gauges?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:35   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, here is the bill for the 40K service in my Swift.

Should be similar for the Ritz too.
Thanks Anurag. I don't find the brakes very effective. And, the gears don't slot correctly. With these issues, can I expect the bill to shoot up to 9K?
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:29   #1437
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Anurag. I don't find the brakes very effective. And, the gears don't slot correctly. With these issues, can I expect the bill to shoot up to 9K?
What you just said is very surface oriented. One cannot gauge what the costs would be unless one gets down troubleshooting.

Brakes : Could be rectified by simple cleaning or may require pad change.

Gears: Could be synchronizer rings problem or gear linkages issue.

So expect bill to be in 5 digit range if all troubleshooting is done correctly and parts are changed for necessary stuff.

If you don't mind, can you put down your problems so that we can help you prior to the visit to MASS.
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:25   #1438
BHPian

Quote:

If you don't mind, can you put down your problems so that we can help you prior to the visit to MASS.
Hi Anurag,

These are the problems that I'm facing.

Brakes - The pads were changed during the 30K service. The SA mentioned that the disks look worn out and should be changed by 40K service. The car is currently used by my dad. We have driven 5K kms in the last 10 months. The odometer now stands at 35047. Should I get the disks skimmed? Will MSM undertake such work?

Gear/Clutch - The gears don't slot correctly. When I need to upshift from 2nd to 3rd, the gear doesn't to slot at all. I need to bring it 'N' and then move on the 3rd. Also, I feel the clutch has become heavy in the last 2 months.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:37   #1439
BANNED

Quote:
Brakes - The pads were changed during the 30K service. The SA mentioned that the disks look worn out and should be changed by 40K service. The car is currently used by my dad. We have driven 5K kms in the last 10 months. The odometer now stands at 35047. Should I get the disks skimmed? Will MSM undertake such work?

Gear/Clutch - The gears don't slot correctly. When I need to upshift from 2nd to 3rd, the gear doesn't to slot at all. I need to bring it 'N' and then move on the 3rd. Also, I feel the clutch has become heavy in the last 2 months.
Brakes: IF they are damaged then it is good to change them as it will scour the new brake pads that you have installed. See if skimming is a viable option as I haven't done any of such for any of our cars. Yes my bike's disc was damaged so I changed it right away along with new pads to compliment.

Gears/Clutch: I repeat the same as above. Check the synchro rings and linkages. Regarding the heavy clutch get the release bearings checked.
Old 24th September 2015, 10:53   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did you try taking a reading from a different machine, sometimes machines will read wrong and you land up filling more or less. Even the same machine which you were using once serviced can cause such headaches Assuming you are relying on external gauges?
Thanks - I am using the local petrol pump gauge as reference
will try couple of them and see if they make a difference

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks