Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 21:38   #31
BHPian

Excellent review..

Well, I for sure, don't like this model, how can a company that designed the Swift, design such a lousy looking model.

The interiors also don't look that attractive, at least in picture.

Well, the engine for sure is a winner and I hope they will move it to the Swift as well.

Based on how Maruti managed to sell so many lousy looking Wagon R's, I would not be surprised if they repeat the same for Ritz
Old 9th May 2009, 21:47   #32
BHPian

Brilliant review done by GTO ! I was really looking forward for this release from Maruti and was expecting some interior quality improvement by them, and seeing earlier pics, i was really impressed by the level of plastic used. BUT, seeing these pictures, esp . PIC no. 12, 14, 16 and 18, im really very very depressed and I think that this is worse than even swift ( thats what i can make up from the pictures ) I can only re-confirm after seeing the car in flesh.

In pic 12, too hard panels showing up
Pic 14, Door handle is looking really v cheap, and it looks as if this car was in use for much time.
Pic 16, the steering plastic quality is looking so different as compared to Splash on global suzuki's website
Pic 18, the area where the internal adjustment for mirror and the plastic of door meets is looking so tacky, infact my personal opinion is that, its looking as if its an aftermarket fitment.

PS : I maybe wrong, but thats what i felt seeing the pictures.

About the engine, I think since Swift launched, they are really very good in making faster and superior engines. They came up with SX4 and even A-star is a delight to drive for the price it is for.

Last edited by inferno : 9th May 2009 at 21:49.
Old 9th May 2009, 21:48   #33
BHPian

Its great to know that Team-BHP was offered to taste the dish before its really out on the counter. Cheers GTO, very nice review.

I am not impressed with the rear design. Looks more of a Swift wearing Wagon-R clothes. Nothing new. I was expecting a fresh look.

No wonders, the DDIS would be a good option, but Its surely not a replacement of swift. Its just a new age Wagon-R with better petrol and diesel cores.

But anyways with a MUL tag, We can hope that the car attracts people post honeymoon period as well. It all depends on the "Rs X.xx lac only" tag it carries.

PS:- Did they actually install ICE when giving it for a test run. I can see tweeters in one of the pics as well.:-)
Old 9th May 2009, 21:51   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidsnail View Post
PS:- Did they actually install ICE when giving it for a test run. I can see tweeters in one of the pics as well.:-)
To mask the rattles maybe.

Could not resist taking this pot shot.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2009, 22:06   #35
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful review GTO. Although this is a good move by MUL, it does clutter up their existing segment. The small car buyer will now have more cars to chose from in addition to the confusion as to which one to chose.

The car looks good and although very oddly shaped, that is the current design trend. Oddly shaped cars. The rear does not match up well with the front but its something that may grow on us as and when we get used to seeing the car. Remember how the rear of the Zen was compared to a Doberman's rear when launched. But eventually people started liking it.

More than small car sales figures, I would like to see and compare Maruti's small car sales figures pre and post the launch of the Ritz.

Once again GTO, a very thorough Test Drive / Pic review that covers up everything.
Old 9th May 2009, 22:17   #36
BHPian

So how do you suppose Maruti is going to position and differentiate its hatchback stable? Now that it has the Wagon R, the A star, the Swift and the Ritz ? I see no clear and apparent differentiation instead a lot of confusion. Seems to me they are trying to replicate/play catch up with Hyundai's approach - The Santro Xing, The i10, the Getz, the i20.

Lovely review GTO.

Last edited by pranava999 : 9th May 2009 at 22:20.
Old 9th May 2009, 22:37   #37
Team-BHP Support

For a change, i dont think the Ritz is bad looking. To me, it looks a lot more better than the A Star, and also the Wagon R for which this seems to be a logical upgrade.

Looking at the side profile alone, it seems to have liberated a lot more spae at the rear, headroom as well as legroom.

From the rear view snap posted, if one were to omit the bulging wheelarches, it looks a lot like the Fusion.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritzrear.jpg

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-2_9it_pakwheelscom.jpg

Fusion pic courtesy : Link
Old 9th May 2009, 22:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Super review GTO.

The car looks good from the front but the rear doesn't cut it for me too. The interior also doesn't look that good(will confirm that with a TD).

The DDIS looks a mouth watering prospect, if only it had AT......
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2009, 22:39   #39
BHPian

Well written GTO !
Like others have mentioned, pricing will be important.

This will result in increasing Maruti's market share.

Time for players like Hyundai to quickly consider diesel version of i10.
Old 9th May 2009, 22:40   #40
BHPian

Wow. Another bastion down.

After the recent meet with skoda's boffins and this invite from Maruti, it seems that auto majors are finally recognizing Team-bhp as a force to be reckoned with.

Kudos to GTO for the brilliant review.

Where was the TD done, by the way?
Old 9th May 2009, 22:41   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ritz seems to be the same size as the Swift, give or take a few mm everywhere (wheelbase 20mm shorter, length 25 mm longer, width 10 mm narrower), but the height is full 90 mm more. But the kerb weight seems to be lower.

@GTO: Does the Ritz feel as tinny/rattly as the Swift when closing doors or driving, or did you feel the bodyshell is more solidly built?

I sometimes hate the never-ending rattles and squeaks on my Swift!
Old 9th May 2009, 22:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
So how do you suppose Maruti is going to position and differentiate its hatchback stable? Now that it has the Wagon R, the A star, the Swift and the Ritz ? I see no clear and apparent differentiation instead a lot of confusion. Seems to me they are trying to replicate/play catch up with Hyundai's approach - The Santro Xing, The i10, the Getz, the i20.

Lovely review GTO.
Great review, indeed.
I think one of WagonR and Estilo has to go away, and the other will need a price reduction and repositioning a little lower in the interest of higher total Maruti sales.
Old 9th May 2009, 22:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Super Review! Used up half weekend eh?!
Nicely done. I like this better than the A-star.
It is a perfect hatch as its boot seems to be sliced
in one of the side profile pictures.
Old 9th May 2009, 22:53   #44
BHPian

Excellent review GTO!!

i do not mind the rear looks but i feel the internal boot release should have been there!!
Old 9th May 2009, 22:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Nice review.

Does this mean the end of the SWIFT LXI and LDi models ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks