Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2009, 03:01   #61
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Great review,

I didn't even know that much about the Ritz leave alone the feel. Going by the review, it'll give i10 a run for its life.

2 things

Whats the typre profile? 80 for the 165s? same as swift? - then its pretty big!

and

Any idea on the top speeds it can manage?
Old 10th May 2009, 03:13   #62
BANNED

maruti launches models like vegetables selling in the market. the only thing i like in this car is the rev counter which goes if you buy vxi model so bummer there. sad interiors, looks horrid, i honestly do not car about the diesel engine only when overall the car is like a lunch box. even the astar top line is close to 5 laks. these are like tiny maruti cars overpriced with no features. where are the automatics by now ? i am fedup with marutis ignorance. i bet people will buy the jazz more than this since indians most of them buy cars on EMI.
Old 10th May 2009, 03:30   #63
BHPian

I like how maruti/Suzuki is making the Indian customer look like a fool. No clear product positioning and upgrades are launched as separate models instead! Add to it the under equipped and overpriced cars they give us.
This car will sell well like all marutis do, for as someone already pointed out in another thread.

"The average car buyer is a fool"

And maruti, among others is there to cash in on it!
Old 10th May 2009, 07:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
From the rear view snap posted, if one were to omit the bulging wheelarches, it looks a lot like the Fusion.
There were a lot of critics for the vista's vertical tail-lamps in the thread about the vista resembling the old indica. wonder where those critics are now
Old 10th May 2009, 08:03   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
There were a lot of critics for the vista's vertical tail-lamps in the thread about the vista resembling the old indica. wonder where those critics are now
they are busy avoiding buying the vista, as the sales figures will confirm
Old 10th May 2009, 08:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

great review looks pretty decent from the outside but cannot say the same for the interiors.
Old 10th May 2009, 08:59   #67
BHPian

I like the front end of the car - and thats about it. The interiors look plane jane. The choice of engine, especially the petrol one, looks promising.

And the back - Ah, that is the worst butt I have seen in recent times.
Old 10th May 2009, 09:07   #68
BHPian

Good review, GTO !

I do hope other car manufacturers will follow this trend and invite Team-BHP for their first-drives and reviews!

@greatpower - Its definitely the season of Ugly Butts !

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 10th May 2009 at 09:11.
Old 10th May 2009, 10:19   #69
BHPian

Good review and well taken pictures from different angles. Interior's could be better in terms of the look 'n' feel of the front console area. Rear view restricted because of the thick pillar could pose problems for drivers below 6 feet.
Old 10th May 2009, 10:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

GTO ,how was the petrol engine in the car tested.I am really hopefull about the petrol variant than the diesel.Diesel of course is proven but this engine would bring back the old lost glory of the petrol engines back,i hope.The initial torque which is a charecter of the diesels is brought back to this K series engines by intelligent use of the gear ratios.This creates a feeling that this car is powerfull.Now going up to 2nd ,3rd gear again re-assures this feeling.

ram
Old 10th May 2009, 10:50   #71
BHPian

good upgrade from the wagon R...and certainly a better buy than the fugly estilo. However, it begs for fatter rubber for no other reason than aesthetic value, and the omission of airbags is a glaring one, considering the top end A star comes with it. The picture showing the large wing mirrors also shows the cabin quality (particularly the casing for the internal adjust) which is not a patch on the hyundai. All in all seems promising mainly due to the stellar engines lined up coupled with the practicality.

Do i spy a JVC touchscreen as standard?
Old 10th May 2009, 10:55   #72
BHPian

I don't see what would make a person choose the ritz over i10, apart from maruti service. Hyundai service isn't horrid anyway.
i10 wins in interiors,automatic, overall fit and finish, BOOT LID() and electrical mirrors(?) and just seems a better package overall.

After Sids scoop about the engine line up, maruti has no intention of retiring any models and I don't see how confusing people is going to make them buy the product. Waiting periods on the diesel might make people go the hyundai way

Ram, did the swift petrol engine do anything for the old lost glory?
Old 10th May 2009, 10:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
I don't see what would make a person choose the ritz over i10, apart from maruti service. Hyundai service isn't horrid anyway.
i10 wins in interiors,automatic, overall fit and finish, BOOT LID() and electrical mirrors(?) and just seems a better package overall.
+1 to that, even I feel exactly the same, and somehow I think, they will never ever give indians good quality interiors.
Old 10th May 2009, 11:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

GTO,superb review and splendid pictures which says almost all of the car. Also nice thing to see is that MS also did the hyundai way by positioning its gearbox , high mounted as i10, would be useful.Looks are subjective though rear is a bit unusual but then one gets used to it, confusing would be how many cars one would test drive before buying in 4 to 5L.OOps more time needed before going at dealership.
Old 10th May 2009, 11:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

Lovely Review GTO

The omission of Remote boot release & Climate control ac makes me feel that it will priced lower than Swift.

I somehow think the plastic quality would be typically Maruti check the position of the RVM lever console it looks so cheap & like after market.

Lets see how this new offering from MSIL fares in market

Most Viewed