Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 19:45   #331
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
There is no mistake on website

The ZXi sports 15 inch alloys while the other variants sport 13 inch wheels.
Lol, I guess there's no mistake on the website but both the sizes you mentioned are wrong

See this, from the website.
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritz.jpg

Edit:- there is a mistake somewhere - don't know which one. See this
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ri1.jpg

Last edited by SLK : 20th May 2009 at 19:55.
Old 20th May 2009, 23:16   #332
BBT
BHPian

In my opinion, the speedo dial and the gear level positioning suggest a naive attempt at copying the Fiat 500. Overall, the Ritz seems poised to be a winner due to the "Mature" buyers as mentioned in many of the earlier posts.

I still can't figure out this adamant behavior from Maruti which seems to prohibit the need for safety and equipment in their Diesel variants. When they already have the same set of features for the same model available in petrol (Climate Control, Rear Defogger and Wiper, Alloys, Larger Wheels, Music System, Seat best adjusters & pretensioners and most importantly Air Bags) then how difficult is it for them to produce some "made to order" Diesel variants with these optional extras. Considering the waiting times, I really don't think it will make much of a difference in delivery dates (not that I'm not prepared to wait to get a much, much safer car)

Wotsay all the people who seem to have an uncanny insight into Maruti's thought process.

Last edited by BBT : 20th May 2009 at 23:18. Reason: Minor spelling edits
Old 21st May 2009, 11:29   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangu View Post

Mods: Is this the first time a manufacturer has asked Team-Bhp to test a car? I guess its a recognition that the opinions shared by people in this forum makes a difference. Way to go
OT - When my friend went for Linea test drive in Bangalore he was advised by the dealer to check for the reviews on Team-Bhp for an unbiased opinion. Dealer would have been sure that all are not +ve (and so is the case) and I feel that trust on "unbiased reviews" is the biggest recognition when there are umpteen magazines and websites that do test drives and reviews

Last edited by gadadhar : 21st May 2009 at 11:30.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:17   #334
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
In my opinion, the speedo dial and the gear level positioning suggest a naive attempt at copying the Fiat 500.
For all those who think that Ritz's speedo comes from Fiat 500 and gear knob from i10: the original Ritz that is Suzuki Splash was introduced in early 2007, and the above two cars were introduced after that only. Am I correct?
Old 21st May 2009, 13:27   #335
Senior - BHPian

@SLK- Thanks for correcting me, you are right the normal steel wheels are 14 inch & not 13
Old 21st May 2009, 15:42   #336
BHPian

@romeomidhun,
AFAIK, Fiat 500 was launched in 2007 & Suzuki Splash was launched in 2008.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:52   #337
BHPian

Why on earth is Maruti plonking the DDIS engine into "literally" every new upcoming model of theirs Will they not practice any sense of EXCLUSIVITY with regards to the engine lineup of their new models? Just a personal thought!

Smooth Sailing
Old 21st May 2009, 17:33   #338
Senior - BHPian

Well nobody complained when they plonked their 800 cc engine into M800, Omni & Alto. Ditto with the 1.1 engine in Alto, WagonR & Later Zen Estillo or the 1.3 in Esteem & Versa?

This is a common practice across all companies you cant single out Maruti for this.
Old 21st May 2009, 17:53   #339
BHPian

A few hours back I took a test drive of Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi.

It drove good, but IMO, i found the AC a bit less effective than the Swift. My left knee was brushing against the gear console in the center (that was a -ve).

Ritz is light peppy and handles good. But not fun to drive kind of car.
The rear seats are just fine for people to get in and out. the luggage can be accomodated with the help of 60:40 seat folding ratio.

The gear shifts a small and easy to engage. car easily picks up from the second gear without any hitch.

The best part in Ritz i liked is the tachometer which is placed on the dashboard. Its very convenient.

If I have to choose. I would prefer paying 12K more and pick up a swift Vxi.

Last edited by abhijeetsng : 21st May 2009 at 17:55.
Old 21st May 2009, 18:18   #340
Senior - BHPian

The ritz comes with remote boot lid and fuel lid opener.Why plonking the same thing in diff cars-Lower cost,proven engine,lesser parts to be stocked,lesser inventory cost to dealers,etc etc.
my initial impression of the petrol ritz
I was waiting long for this and atlast i had a short(relatively)drive of 40 km up and 40 km down drive.I was happy rather excitted with the initial torque of the car.Visual effect was that the front end popped up when the car was slightly moving and rpm 2000rpm.The power delivery is good and i dint have any one with me to note the actual rpm or speed.The travel was mix of city and highway.Overtaking in the 5th gear @80 kmph was a breeze.If the car is doing 60-70 down shift to 4rth for a very good and confidence inspiring overtaking.I did a couple of hard braking too and the ABS did a wonderfull job.Now some thing about the seating.you get a better support than a swift seat.Under fast cornering too you are stuck to the seats and very less body roll too.I was expecting the boady roll to be much more than what was actually present.The suspension is softer than swift and i had an opurtunity to take her over 2 very badly designed humps.One i took it at arround 40kmph.there was a thud sound but the car was planted.The next one i took it softly at arround 20 kmph.The car took it smoothly and no sounds too.FE factor was judged mainly by the visualoometer.lolz.I would be doing a tank full to tank full basis.this would be done next week,

ram
Old 21st May 2009, 18:24   #341
BHPian

Saw a Ritz Lxi at Surakshaa showroom today.
It looked awkward, with a big head and a thinner and short 'fuselage'. The rear seats looked cramped. The front view was excellent. Looked like a bigger car than actually it was.

The speedo dial is huge (some may like it, however I thought it was way too huge).

Saw a Maruti car with proper sized tyres (14 inch) after the Swift. The Wagon R's tyres for sure look puny.

If the price diff with the swift is only 12k for the vxi variant, then I would say that Swift is a better buy (not sure of the difference in trim levels though)
Old 21st May 2009, 19:09   #342
Senior - BHPian

The nose is resembling the grande punto.
Old 21st May 2009, 19:36   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Well nobody complained when they plonked their 800 cc engine into M800, Omni & Alto. Ditto with the 1.1 engine in Alto, WagonR & Later Zen Estillo or the 1.3 in Esteem & Versa?

This is a common practice across all companies you cant single out Maruti for this.
Well i'm glad that i stayed away from all their earlier products Got trapped with the Dzire so i will not complain! But NO MORE atleast for me and thats for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
The ritz comes with remote boot lid and fuel lid opener.Why plonking the same thing in diff cars-Lower cost,proven engine,lesser parts to be stocked,lesser inventory cost to dealers,etc etc.
ram
ram:Thats QUITE obvious! And they also happen to have a lousy body strength, i mean they come across as so delicate. The gauge is so thin. Never mind i will just have to live with it. Don't want to get crucified by the humongous maruti family out there, now would i

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st May 2009 at 20:09. Reason: Please use multi quote, thanks.
Old 21st May 2009, 20:28   #344
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
And they also happen to have a lousy body strength, i mean they come across as so delicate. The gauge is so thin.
It's better than Honda! If that helps! I'm sure Hyundai is no different.

We are talking about light small cars here and their body no matter how 'lousy' stays in shape, if you want it to.

PS - I think you got too many Smilies, was 2 the rules?

Last edited by SLK : 21st May 2009 at 20:36.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:01   #345
BHPian

Finally i took test drive of VDi today. Overall impression is good. Engine is peppy and no noticeable turbo lag at low speeds. Engine is responsive and frugal. Gearbox is sleek and well fitted in the console. Though i could hear sound of metal while changing gears, it was quick. AC is OK in this segment. Driving position is commanding, gives a good view of road. Tachometer is awkwardly placed, difficult to read and unnoticeable at times. VDi - 5.85L and VDi + ABS - 6.1L. Nevertheless to say, waiting period is 2 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks