Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 23:56   #676
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Normally in petrol cars i do not stamp the pedal, just touch and press and little and upshift, only from 3rd gear onwards i start pressing the pedal a little more. I try to get the best FE within the city
Sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry.
BUT what you said, holds the answer. You should not try to get best FE from a diesel the same way you do with petrol (at least not with this Ritz DDIS). Even if you drive it a bit harder, you will get good FE. Again, driving hard doesn't mean, 'hard' stamping the pedal, I just mean there is no need to go below 1400-1500rpm unless you are in cruise mode.

Just in case you are comparing the response with a small petrol car, adjust it for the taller gearing. I have a City ZX too, and mostly the response is comparable.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:02   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry.
BUT what you said, holds the answer. You should not try to get best FE from a diesel the same way you do with petrol (at least not with this Ritz DDIS). Even if you drive it a bit harder, you will get good FE. Again, driving hard doesn't mean, 'hard' stamping the pedal, I just mean there is no need to go below 1400-1500rpm unless you are in cruise mode.

Just in case you are comparing the response with a small petrol car, adjust it for the taller gearing. I have a City ZX too, and mostly the response is comparable.
No worries, please do clarify when you have sometime.

Are you saying press more than half the pedal length cross 2000RPM on 1 and 2nd gear and still the car will return decent FE.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:03   #678
BHPian

Hey Folks,

Sorry for posting this question on this thread, not getting an answer from anyone on the tachometers thread.

Has anyone tried fitting the RITZ VDI tachometer on the RITZ LDI.
Is this possible?
Old 20th July 2011, 12:07   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Hey Folks,

Sorry for posting this question on this thread, not getting an answer from anyone on the tachometers thread.

Has anyone tried fitting the RITZ VDI tachometer on the RITZ LDI.
Is this possible?
as far as i know this is not possible in the ritz, the same was not possible in the swift. however unsure.

I am saying that i am unsure because, the ritz D can be used with a scanguage, whereas the swift D cannot be. It seems that indian swifts do not have the ISO protocol.

Hope this changes in the next version of swift.
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:52   #680
Senior - BHPian

I have about a 2 month old Vdi. Everything is fine but on descending speed breakers especially the steep ones and when the car is slightly faster than crawling speeds. I get a distinct "khat" sound from the front wheel\shoock\suspension area. Looks like something is banging against something on descending speed breakers. Has any one had a similar thing happening to their Ritz?
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:09   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I have about a 2 month old Vdi. Everything is fine but on descending speed breakers especially the steep ones and when the car is slightly faster than crawling speeds. I get a distinct "khat" sound from the front wheel\shoock\suspension area. Looks like something is banging against something on descending speed breakers. Has any one had a similar thing happening to their Ritz?
I had the same doubt. Tried 4 other Ritzs at the same place and the behaviour is exactly the same. Even tried my friend's Swift and the same behaviour is found. So don't worry and just drive a bit slow on those descending breakers.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:40   #682
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure what exactly a descending speed breaker is but I have never heard such a sound in a situation you describe. Have heard such sound when ABS kicks in sometimes.
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 09:01   #683
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know exactly what you are talking about. This is mainly a Maruti specific problem, or rather a limitation. Had this on my Alto, then WagonR now the Ritz. This behaviour will disappear if you have enough weight in the vehicle.

What is it? As far as I understand this is due to Marutis having limited suspension travel. After a speed breaker the wheels pull downwards but due to limited travel it pulls to the max and bottoms out.
SLK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 09:55   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I'm not sure what exactly a descending speed breaker is but I have never heard such a sound in a situation you describe. Have heard such sound when ABS kicks in sometimes.
Well I don't know how to explain this but, you ascend and then descend a speed breaker. On ascent there is no sound but on descent there is a distinct 'khat' as if something is hitting on to something. My guess is that the tyre hits the spring of the shock as I see the inner portion of the tyre just below the lower most spring curl. Though I may be wrong in my observation.
Old 24th July 2011, 11:02   #685
BHPian

Quote:
I know exactly what you are talking about. This is mainly a Maruti specific problem, or rather a limitation. Had this on my Alto, then WagonR now the Ritz. This behaviour will disappear if you have enough weight in the vehicle.

What is it? As far as I understand this is due to Marutis having limited suspension travel. After a speed breaker the wheels pull downwards but due to limited travel it pulls to the max and bottoms out.
Totally agree, i face this in my alto too. Speed breaker comes, if i'm moving at 15km/hr speed, if i jump the speed breaker, left front tyre that thud noise comes as if i'm broken the front shocks. Nothing dangerous, just that we need to slow down properly.
Old 25th July 2011, 11:42   #686
BHPian

Quote:

Excellent description SLK. I was not sure about how to put the phenomenon in words. The key description is "limited suspension travel". The solution to this issue- drive slow while crossing those speed breakers.
Old 27th July 2011, 15:09   #687
BHPian

Completed 500 kms in my Ritz VXi. The engine has started to open up gradually. Planning a short excursion this week-end.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:30   #688
BHPian

Not a great start to the month!!!

A kid made my Ritz his classroom's blackboard and inscribed his young blooming talent by scratching the hell on my car. Right from C for CAT to tic-tac-toe to some modern art design which my logical brain cannot decode, everything scratched on my 7 month old car. Total 4 metal parts have been affected- 2 doors on LHS, front fender LHS and the rear "dikki".

Can't seem to get it out of my mind as of now. :-(
Old 1st August 2011, 15:16   #689
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that, headbanger. Can identify with you, given the same happened to our Swift's bonnet when it was new.

BTW, how deep are the graffiti ? If not too deep, you should be able to remove these fully (or atleast most of it) by rubbing/polishing.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:01   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Sorry to hear that, headbanger. Can identify with you, given the same happened to our Swift's bonnet when it was new.

BTW, how deep are the graffiti ? If not too deep, you should be able to remove these fully (or atleast most of it) by rubbing/polishing.
Thats the first thing that came to my mind- rubbing n polishing. But at some places the kiddo has done substantial damage- underlying metal can be seen at those spots. I am not sure how much good rubbing will do at those spots.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks