Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 17:20   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

^^^ If metal is seen, then R&P won't help much. Since exposed-metail could easily be an entry-point for corrosion, suggest you take remedial measures ASAP.
Old 11th August 2011, 15:50   #692
BHPian

In my Ritz, the AC makes an occasional strange sound when it's turned on. Is it normal or is something wrong?

Last edited by Panko : 11th August 2011 at 15:51. Reason: Edited
Old 11th August 2011, 16:57   #693
Senior - BHPian

The 'limited suspension travel' is creating a lot of noises even on Mumbai's pot holded roads and not necessarily only speed breakers. Is there a problem or is it fine? Initially the noise was only while descending speed breakers.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:17   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
In my Ritz, the AC makes an occasional strange sound when it's turned on. Is it normal or is something wrong?
Ya that seems normal if it happens for the first time of the day. This was told to me by a MASS person.
Old 11th August 2011, 21:13   #695
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Normally if, all things like belts and pulleys are in perfect condition, there should be no strange sound.

My Ritz done more than 35k kms, does not make any sound w.r.t. AC at least.

Last edited by SLK : 11th August 2011 at 21:15.
SLK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 02:14   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the AC belt / serpentine belt which is loose. Tighten it. Also - if the car is old the pulleys become slick and the belt slips. This can also happen if there is moisture on the pulley / belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
Ya that seems normal if it happens for the first time of the day. This was told to me by a MASS person.
This is not normal - but necessitates a belt change in the earlier life of the car. As the car ages, the pulleys become slick and there is nothing one can do. A special chalk is there to improve the friction, but that is not always recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Normally if, all things like belts and pulleys are in perfect condition, there should be no strange sound.

blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 09:40   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Its the AC belt / serpentine belt which is loose. Tighten it. Also - if the car is old the pulleys become slick and the belt slips. This can also happen if there is moisture on the pulley / belt.
Ohh is it? Had been ignoring the issue all this time. My car is almost 2 yrs old now. What do you suggest? The noise is more like a compressor pumping air type of when you switch on the AC for the first time of the day.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:08   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Quote:
Ohh is it? Had been ignoring the issue all this time. My car is almost 2 yrs old now. What do you suggest? The noise is more like a compressor pumping air type of when you switch on the AC for the first time of the day.
Dear All! Thanks a lot for your inputs! I have got it corrected in first free service. Thanks a ton!
Old 12th August 2011, 15:37   #699
BHPian

Hi all,

I am considering a Ritz VXI for a tentative purchase.
Would like to hear view from long term owners on Ritz's rattling, which Marutis are notorious to develop.

Thanks,
Old 12th August 2011, 17:00   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Hi all,

Would like to hear view from long term owners on Ritz's rattling, which Marutis are notorious to develop.

Thanks,
Ritz is a very good and practical car. Also 19K discount is on offer at the moment (for Petrol). I have completed 1000 KM so far and there are no rattles yet.

SLK's Ritz has done 35K+ km. So he could help you regarding long-term ownership.
Panko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 00:11   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
I can tell you one thing about the ritz, it doesn't feel like other maruti's thats for sure.

1) Funky interiors
2) awesome space inside.
3) tacho on the dash and also the gear lever
4) If you carefully look at the metal quality after stripping some rubber door gaskets, you'll find that the ritz and a-star are the most sterdy build maruti's. This might be because both these cars are exported out of india.
5) Ritz looks unique and different, dont worry people are loving the rear design too now, its just that it takes a little time in india for people to adapt to new design cars

Best time to buy would be nov and dec this year, when you'll get more discounts.

Cheers
Old 13th August 2011, 09:48   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
My 3 month old vdi has already developed rattles near the front left door with 3.5k on the odo. But I guess this is mainly due to the daily 40 kms driving on bad potholed Mumbai roads.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:00   #703
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
Yes, it rattles. Mostly started after 20k kms. Some of it can be attributed to door speakers.

I had opened one of the door pads to fix the speaker properly and the rattle reduced considerably

But the rattles are not so much as to reconsider the purchase decision. If you are concious about rattles you can fix 90% of them on your own, just need time. MASS will never be able to fix a rattle for you, even if they do, it'll be temporary, so don't ever bother complaining.
Old 16th August 2011, 10:40   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
As already clarified by SLK, it does rattle. I have a 9 month old, approx 11.5k run Ritz Vxi. And there are minor rattles from doors and a bit from dash. Having said that, it rattles lesser than older Swift if done a comparo( Can't comment on the new Swift- hopefully Zdi is next in line for our family ). We also have Swift Vdi run approx 20k and 5 months older than Ritz, and it does rattle a bit more than Ritz.

O.T. Not sure about your budget lines, but I will insist to go for Zxi trim if you buy Ritz. Its absolute VFM. For approx. 50k more, you get alloys, ABS,airbags, ICE, central locking. But if there is an enthusiast sitting inside you, go for the new Swift. Swift does beat Ritz on driving experience, although just by a whisker!!!
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 12:35   #705
BHPian

Back from a 500 KMs 1 day trip. I got a mileage of 18 KMPL with AC ON all the time and my speeds hovering around 110 KMPH constantly.

Am I in love with my Ritz? Hell Yeah.
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks