Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 14:00   #841
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Here is another handy tip for Ritz owners.
Anyone ever tried cleaning the blower?
There are a lot of trees surrounding my house and always something will get stuck in the blower. I always keep the internal circulation mode on but when our little one sees the small light on the switch, he turns it off.
Ironically the blower is in the right hand side of the dash (below the steering wheel) in Ritz.. If you want to clean the blower you need to open the whole steering assembly. MASS gets richer by 500 bucks.
Last month a piece of polythene got stuck in the blower a week after I cleaned the blower. I was really pissed off since it was making noise like a tractor. It was un bearable even at 1-2 speed.
I took it to MASS and as usual they said need to clean the blower.
Took it to a local AC repair guy and he did something indigenous. He took out the globe box, made 2-3 cuts to the plastic mesh using a wire cutter and put his hand inside to clean the blower. He told me that next time, I can do it myself. I was apprehending the plastic cutting may lead to rattles but its not
Old 5th February 2013, 15:08   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Here is another handy tip for Ritz owners.
Anyone ever tried cleaning the blower?
There are a lot of trees surrounding my house and always something will get stuck in the blower. I always keep the internal circulation mode on but when our little one sees the small light on the switch, he turns it off.
Ironically the blower is in the right hand side of the dash (below the steering wheel) in Ritz.. If you want to clean the blower you need to open the whole steering assembly. MASS gets richer by 500 bucks.
Last month a piece of polythene got stuck in the blower a week after I cleaned the blower. I was really pissed off since it was making noise like a tractor. It was un bearable even at 1-2 speed.
I took it to MASS and as usual they said need to clean the blower.
Took it to a local AC repair guy and he did something indigenous. He took out the globe box, made 2-3 cuts to the plastic mesh using a wire cutter and put his hand inside to clean the blower. He told me that next time, I can do it myself. I was apprehending the plastic cutting may lead to rattles but its not
Oops, the plastic mess is for protecting the rats from entering inside the car if i am not mistaken, its there for a purpose.
Old 11th February 2013, 16:33   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Here's a question. Has anybody spotted a 2012 petrol Ritz on the road? I booked one in mid-December. The dealer said it'd be a month, but there has been no word from them since.
I find it rather strange, cuz there are enough diesel Ritzes wearing the 2012 makeover on the road. It's understandable that petrol cars aren't in demand. But the only car I've ever seen is was the demo car and the dealer said it had broken down. I hope they're not holding the cars to fix some teething problems.
Called the dealer a few days ago. He says MSIL hasn't shipped any ABS equipped Vxi since mid-December. He's hopeful that the car will be shipped by Feb end, but even that is a mere guess. :(
Old 23rd February 2013, 16:36   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Called the dealer a few days ago. He says MSIL hasn't shipped any ABS equipped Vxi since mid-December. He's hopeful that the car will be shipped by Feb end, but even that is a mere guess. :(
Infact, Petrol version of New Ritz is delayed for VXi(ABS) and ZXI versions since most people buy VXI considering the cost of the car. But technically the VXI(ABS) ans ZXI are worth buying considering the safety features. VXI ABS r less preferred, I would suggest rather go for ZXI considering the price difference of around 60K (which you will eventually spend for Mag wheels/HU setup) think about ZXI as well. I got my ZXI recently a month back after waiting for close to 90 days cos of production issues for the new Ritz. Its really worth it.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 15:51   #845
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Infact, Petrol version of New Ritz is delayed for VXi(ABS) and ZXI versions since most people buy VXI considering the cost of the car. But technically the VXI(ABS) ans ZXI are worth buying considering the safety features. VXI ABS r less preferred, I would suggest rather go for ZXI considering the price difference of around 60K (which you will eventually spend for Mag wheels/HU setup) think about ZXI as well. I got my ZXI recently a month back after waiting for close to 90 days cos of production issues for the new Ritz. Its really worth it.
Congrats for your new Ritz ZXI.

Which HU are you having ? Is it of Alpine/Nippon and how is the audio quality ?

Heard that some Ritzs came loaded with JBL. Which speakers are you having ?
Old 25th February 2013, 00:35   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Congrats for your new Ritz ZXI.

Thanks Buddy !!

Which HU are you having ? Is it of Alpine/Nippon and how is the audio quality ?

I have JVC AV 50 - MGA HU - Rs.19990 at Maruti. Fitted by them, no wire cutting custom made HUs by JVC for Maruti. Simple plug n play connections. so no warranty issues later if done by Maruti guys. You get 2 years warranty as well. Outside you may save a few thousands but may impact warranty if job is not done good. Warranty gives you peace of mind, I wanted it more than saving a few thousands, entirely at your risk.
Infact Alpine was my first choice, I was game for Alpine but unfortunately Alpine touchscreen was too expensive or single HUs are not my taste. JVC has everything phone compatibility,Bluetooth ready, reverse cam, iPod etc., its complete audio n Video HU. Worth the money.

Audio quality is really good, I wasnt game for JVC but its really good, I realised after I heard it. Planning for another set of 2 way in back doors next month or later.

Heard that some Ritzs came loaded with JBL. Which speakers are you having ?
JBL 400W(Rear -800W in Rear) and JBL 150(Front - 300W in front)- Rs.9K. These are MGA speakers so most probably you will get them in every Maruti Showroom. VFM speakers. Very good bass n clarity. Infinity is more better in clarity but its more expensive comparatively. Again non MGA so went with JBL believe me its real good. Unless you are a audiophile n very crazy about music. For me its fantastic. if you have a fixed budget go check it out they do have some good stuff.

If your budget is around 25-30 you can get some good stuff.
Old 25th February 2013, 11:33   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new car! You had to wait 90 days? Ouch, that hurts! This is the new model with the VVT, right? I've been lookin high and low for someone who can tell me what that car feels like. So how is the experience, especially on the engine front?
I'm probably gonna stick with VXi ABS. Z is too pricey for me. Looking at the feature list, air bags are nice, but I could live without everything else. I'll end up buying a stereo HU, but the old Zxi's OEM speakers weren't much to listen to. So I figured I'd have to change the speakers on the ZXi anyway.
Old 25th February 2013, 11:45   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JBL 400W(Rear -800W in Rear) and JBL 150(Front - 300W in front)- Rs.9K. These are MGA speakers so most probably you will get them in every Maruti Showroom. VFM speakers. Very good bass n clarity.
+1. I took delivery of my new Ritz ZDi over the weekend and i was apprehensive of the sound quality of the factory fitted music system.

I was pleasantly surprised with the good amount of bass, treble and overall sound clarity that is pumped out by the stock ICE. I don't listen to loud music in the car and the volume is maintained between level 10 and 16 (max goes all the way to 40). I was dreading the fact that i would need to spend some more moolah in upgrading the stock ICE but now am happy that it is not required.
Old 26th February 2013, 13:48   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
+1. I took delivery of my new Ritz ZDi over the weekend and i was apprehensive of the sound quality of the factory fitted music system.

I was pleasantly surprised with the good amount of bass, treble and overall sound clarity that is pumped out by the stock ICE. I don't listen to loud music in the car and the volume is maintained between level 10 and 16 (max goes all the way to 40). I was dreading the fact that i would need to spend some more moolah in upgrading the stock ICE but now am happy that it is not required.
The OEM Nippon HU n Nippon Speakers are good, but I felt they werent upto my taste of music being only 50W speakers. If you are happy with it then I wouldnt suggest you to change it. I am bit of a audiophile, being my first car I wanted the best and it to be feature loaded. So went ahead with having a good audio setup.
Old 26th February 2013, 14:02   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new car! You had to wait 90 days? Ouch, that hurts! This is the new model with the VVT, right? I've been lookin high and low for someone who can tell me what that car feels like. So how is the experience, especially on the engine front?
I'm probably gonna stick with VXi ABS. Z is too pricey for me. Looking at the feature list, air bags are nice, but I could live without everything else. I'll end up buying a stereo HU, but the old Zxi's OEM speakers weren't much to listen to. So I figured I'd have to change the speakers on the ZXi anyway.
Being my first Car I wanted the Top end with all the features, thats how I love it, so I was ready to spend a little extra moolah. The VVT engine is perfectly revv happy with good low end torque, good pickup, a very refined and smooth engine. I will be writing a detailed review which is half way through now, will be posting it during the weekends as I dont get much time. VXI ABS is also a good option, I had previously decided on that, but then realised VXI ABS is around 6.15 and ZXI is around 6.6. Changing to Mag wheels will cost 35-40K a good HU setup with cost atleast 20K and the price difference wasnt much. So decided to go for ZXI and there are a host of other features which you cant get even if you pay for it. I am a feature loving person, so went for ZXI and I had the passion being the first car so just went ahead with the top of the line. Think abt it, just my opinion ultimately you are investing your money, you know it better. All the Best !!

The OEM speaker setup is not that great with poor quality and are not component speakers. Again it depends on your taste, if you are ok with it, dont change it, if you a person looking for detail and quality of sound, Better buy a good HU something like Alpine/JVC(definitely dont go for Sony HU/speakers - not worth it, purely my opinion cos Sony isnt good in Car audio) with JBL/infinity setup(you have lots of choices if you are ready to spend), you will be happy with the HU performance and quality. Again everything depends on the moolah you are ready to shell out.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 17:08   #851
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Congrats Aditya!

Great choice buddy and I am sure you will smile every time you drive this car. Thanks to its brilliant engine and high seating position which make get a good feel of the surroundings.

Do you plan to upgrade the speakers by any chance?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 18:09   #852
Senior - BHPian

congrats aditya!!! please post a small review and start your own thread, that we can follow.

PS: do you know if the car came with synthetic or mineral oil? older ritzes had mineral, it may have shifted to synthetic on the newer model
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 21:57   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats Aditya!

Great choice buddy and I am sure you will smile every time you drive this car. Thanks to its brilliant engine and high seating position which make get a good feel of the surroundings.

Do you plan to upgrade the speakers by any chance?

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag. I'm enjoying the drive in this car. The esteem used to be so low and this feels like i am sitting in a SUV since i no longer have to crawl into the car or feel like i am sitting on the road and driving. It feels BIG. And yeah, the engine is awesome. This is my first diesel and the turbo kicking in is addictive. Every time the needle goes past 2k RPM the turbo whistles and the car pulls like a train. Awesome feeling man

For now i am fine with the stock ICE. I might upgrade the speakers while retaining the HU after some time... maybe 6-8 months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
congrats aditya!!! please post a small review and start your own thread, that we can follow.

PS: do you know if the car came with synthetic or mineral oil? older ritzes had mineral, it may have shifted to synthetic on the newer model
Thanks Govi. The thread is in the assembly line and i am putting it together as and when i am finding time to do so.

How do i know if the oil is mineral or synthetic?
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 22:19   #854
BANNED

Aditya

Has your car gone for any service?

Since yours is a New one they will be giving Synthetic oil from Shell (5W40) costing 970 a litre. The mineral one may cost 260 a litre.
Old 27th February 2013, 00:11   #855
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since yours is a New one they will be giving Synthetic oil from Shell (5W40) costing 970 a litre. The mineral one may cost 260 a litre.
Not sure this is anything to do with new or old. Its just a few dealerships taking people for a ride.

Most Viewed