Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 00:20   #856
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

Not sure this is anything to do with new or old. Its just a few dealerships taking people for a ride.
SLK,

Isn't it better for a New to Run-In on Mineral oil and once it crosses 15-20K we can switch to Synthetic oil.

I had changed from mineral oil to Synthetic post 40K service.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 17:22   #857
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Aditya, Has your car gone for any service?

Since yours is a New one they will be giving Synthetic oil from Shell (5W40) costing 970 a litre. The mineral one may cost 260 a litre.
I took delivery on last Friday so another couple of weeks to go for the first service

Quote:
SLK, Isn't it better for a New to Run-In on Mineral oil and once it crosses 15-20K we can switch to Synthetic oil.
I'm not sure, this may be debatable.

I know for a fact that the Ninja 650's sold here were rolled out with fully synth oil's right from the factory.
Old 27th February 2013, 17:30   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
How do i know if the oil is mineral or synthetic?
I am not sure aditya. I know that mine came with mineral oil and had ran it for about 30k and then switched to synthetic.
Old 1st March 2013, 02:06   #859
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SLK,

Isn't it better for a New to Run-In on Mineral oil and once it crosses 15-20K we can switch to Synthetic oil.

I had changed from mineral oil to Synthetic post 40K service.

Anurag.
Yes, I think so. But what I meant was some dealerships force you to put synthetic claiming that Maruti only recommends synthetic now. They did that with my 12 year old WagonR.

I changed to Mobil 1 in my Ritz at 13k because it started feeling rough just 3k after the service.
Old 1st March 2013, 04:03   #860
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

Yes, I think so. But what I meant was some dealerships force you to put synthetic claiming that Maruti only recommends synthetic now. They did that with my 12 year old WagonR.

I changed to Mobil 1 in my Ritz at 13k because it started feeling rough just 3k after the service.
You are right! On the day of delivery when I had gone for PDI, the SA told it is better for performance and mileage if I use Shell Synthetic in my engine rather than Mineral oil. I warned him not to even think of doing that even if Maruti recommends. Only after completing 30K I switched to Synthetic oil.

What roughness that I felt in 2000kms post the change of mineral oil the same in synthetic it feels normal till 8K. Is this the same for you too SLK?!

Had gone for a small repair as the front fender holding clip was not fit properly so while getting that rectified a New Ertiga ZDI had come in for 1st service. For a moment was shocked to see what the mechanic did! After draning the oil, he started the car's engine to drain any left over oil to completely empty it. I just did not understand what to do seeing it.
Old 4th March 2013, 11:54   #861
BHPian

My Ritz is due for the third servicing next week as it completes one year this march.
My car has run for roughly 9000 Km in the year.
I would be grateful if fellow Ritz owners can guide me on this issue.

What all should I change in this round of servicing?

Do I need to change engine oil as per recommendations? In that case, should I go for synthetic oil or would mineral oils suffice? I understand synthetic oils are better, but given the kind of usage I have (its mostly in city driving in Delhi, maybe an occasional drive on the highways, but rarely) would shifting to synthetic oil really make much sense?

Should I go for AC servicing? or just cleaning the air filter would be enough?

I guess i have to go for gearoil, coolant fillup/change as required.

ANd lastly, what should be the approx bill amount for the third service? I am all for providing good care for my car, but cannot really indulge in luxuries given March entails lot of yearend expenses
Old 4th March 2013, 12:53   #862
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post

Do I need to change engine oil as per recommendations?

I guess i have to go for gearoil, coolant fillup
Hello Amitayu,

Buddy is your Ritz a diesel it a petrol?

1) Since your car is nearing 10000 kms get it serviced as per recommendation. Things ti change are engine oil, air filter.

2) Stick to mineral oil till your car completes 25000-30000 kms after which you can shift to Synthetic oil.

3) AC servicing they may do gas charging but if you have any problem with the AC get it checked.

4) Gear oil is mostly changed after completion of 80000 kms. Check the level of coolant and fill up accordingly.

Any more doubts we can help.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 4th March 2013, 15:48   #863
BHPian

Dear A4ANURAG
Thanks for the prompt response.
I own a Ritz VXI.

Should have clarified that in the original post, my bad!
Old 5th March 2013, 08:44   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
My Ritz is due for the third servicing next week as it completes one year this march.
My car has run for roughly 9000 Km in the year.
I would be grateful if fellow Ritz owners can guide me on this issue.

Do I need to change engine oil as per recommendations? In that case, should I go for synthetic oil or would mineral oils suffice? I understand synthetic oils are better, but given the kind of usage I have (its mostly in city driving in Delhi, maybe an occasional drive on the highways, but rarely) would shifting to synthetic oil really make much sense?

I guess i have to go for gearoil, coolant fillup/change as required.

ANd lastly, what should be the approx bill amount for the third service? I am all for providing good care for my car, but cannot really indulge in luxuries given March entails lot of yearend expenses
changing engine oil once in a year would suffice, i own a ritz for 3 years and have gone as per service recommendations.. Mineral oil as such is ok but you do save a lot in service cost... ac servicing not needed if conditions are ok. my car's ac still chills the bones on mode 2 ..got 40k service done and car feels fresh and eager to stretch another 40k..
Old 20th March 2013, 14:06   #865
BHPian

Hi!
I'm awaiting a new Ritz Vxi (ABS). Since there is not much to do right now except wait-wait-wait, I'm planning the accessories. I'd like your inputs on a few things, you guys being Ritz owners.
1. I need an anti-theft solution - something that will serve as an effective deterrent without being expensive (say 3k - 6k). What's your take on MGA versus after-market options here?
2. I plan to install a single DIN head unit with USB support. I've used Pioneer head units in my Santro for 10 years (5 years a cassete player, right now CD-MP3 player) with zero issues and don't have any knowledge about other options. Is there a recommended MGA option that can fill in this role at a budget of 6-7k?

Any other suggestions are very much welcome. Thanks.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:01   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Hi!
I'm awaiting a new Ritz Vxi (ABS). Since there is not much to do right now except wait-wait-wait, I'm planning the accessories. I'd like your inputs on a few things, you guys being Ritz owners.
1. I need an anti-theft solution - something that will serve as an effective deterrent without being expensive (say 3k - 6k). What's your take on MGA versus after-market options here?
2. I plan to install a single DIN head unit with USB support. I've used Pioneer head units in my Santro for 10 years (5 years a cassete player, right now CD-MP3 player) with zero issues and don't have any knowledge about other options. Is there a recommended MGA option that can fill in this role at a budget of 6-7k?

See the price of stuff from the showroom will always be on the higher side , no doubts about that .
So the money which you pay to the showroom guys , by paying the same amount of money to a local reputed accessories store you wil get better product .
So before you check out any stuff from the showroom, i will suggest check with any of the reputed accessory store about the stuff that you are looking at , you will understand the difference.

Hope it helps .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 15:09   #867
BANNED

Quote:
Hi!

Get them fixed with a approved accessory dealer as he may tamper with the wiring etc which would have a loss of warranty.

If the price difference is not huge then get things done at Maruti itself. I got my single din Sony Xplod with usb support and 2 front speakers FOC with my Ritz. Later I changed the speakers to all round JBL.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 10:41   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Get them fixed with a approved accessory dealer as he may tamper with the wiring etc which would have a loss of warranty.
Thanks guys. Is there such a thing as an 'approved' accessory dealer or is it just a way you put it across?
Old 21st March 2013, 11:09   #869
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks guys. Is there such a thing as an 'approved' accessory dealer or is it just a way you put it across?
Approved I mentioned meant reputed and does the installation neat and clean.

My bad, used the wrong word.

Anurag.
Old 21st March 2013, 11:34   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Hi!

First of all congratz on the new Ritz and welcome to Ritz family.

1. I recently replaced nippon anti-theft system, which came as a freebie with Autocop model 9950 CDL. It costs around Rs.5300/-

2. I have seen most Maruti dealerships promoting JVC/ Nippon makes. However, there are plenty of single din options available in your price range from Alpine/Kenwood/Pioneer/Sony/Blaupunkt etc which you could explore.If you are planning to purchase the same from a accessories dealer and not the dealership, I would recommend to handover the ICE unit to your contact at the dealership , atleast one day prior to delivery. They would do a better job than most accessory shops.
JoeMichael is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks