Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2013, 22:54   #901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Just a random thought. Is there any way to confirm that a car has ABS without depending on that lone sticker in the rear? Something I can check at the dealer's yard?
Absolutely , open the bonnet and on the right side of the engine you will see the abs kit installed .
You can easily make it out .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 01:02   #902
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Just a random thought. Is there any way to confirm that a car has ABS without depending on that lone sticker in the rear? Something I can check at the dealer's yard?
In support the the post by Schoudhury, attached is the picture of the engine bay of the Ritz VDi ABS model having the ABS unit placed near the windscreen washer filling cap on the left of the engine bay.

The ABS unit in the picture is the one circled in yellow

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-engine-bay.jpg

Source of the Picture: Team BHP test Drive & Review of the Ritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Absolutely , open the bonnet and on the right side of the engine you will see the abs kit installed .
You can easily make it out .Cheers
The ABS unit is on the left hand side of the engine bay.

Regards,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 01:33   #903
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And to add to what the others said, switch on the ignition and the ABS light would come on! and like all the other indicator lights, it will go off when the engine starts. (Hope I'm not confusing this with another car )
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 03:06   #904
BHPian

Drove a friends ritz a few times. The acceleration of the diesel is surprisingly good even with 4 adults in the car! I won't compare the brakes to race spec ones, but they do the job quite well! Brought the car down from 100 to about 45 in ~2 seconds with barely any aggression.
Old 5th May 2013, 11:26   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

The ABS unit is on the left hand side of the engine bay.

Regards,
Anurag.
It's on the right hand side of the engine bay only but on the left hand side of person viewing it :-)
Cheers
Old 5th May 2013, 21:20   #906
BANNED

Quote:
It's on the right hand side of the engine bay only but on the left hand side of person viewing it :-)
Cheers

Repairs or any work on the engine will be done by standing on front of the car. Right?

How is your car running by the way?

Regards,
Anurag.
Old 5th May 2013, 21:27   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Repairs or any work on the engine will be done by standing on front of the car. Right?

How is your car running by the way?

Regards,
Anurag.
Yup, point noted mate :-)
For my car, look like 50k service will also be heavy one , as I plan to get the EGR cleaned and some other stuff .
Bdw got the battery changed as stock battery died :-(.
How is your car running ?
Planning to switch to 195/60/15 by any chance .
Cheers
Old 5th May 2013, 22:10   #908
Senior - BHPian

Drove a relative's new ZDI Ritz for over 100 kms. The acceleration and the engine-gear box combo smoothness was so addictive, and only now i realized what is the 'fun-to-drive' gene of the DDiS version of the MJD is! In comparison, a friend's Palio MJD feels like dead horse.

The engine noise was a bit annoying, but nothing a mild volume ICE can mask, and those liking engine noise won't even complain.

One query: The engine had done 2k km(full of urban driving with 100% AC), and MID shows 12-13 km/l. is it normal?

The instantaneous FE value is normal though:
8(hard acceleration)
20s(light foot)
30(foot off).
Old 5th May 2013, 22:35   #909
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to convert Manual ORVM's to electrically adjusted ORVM's and also add a rear wiper-washer in a Ritz Vdi.
Old 5th May 2013, 23:20   #910
BANNED

Quote:
Yup, point noted mate :-)
For my car, look like 50k service will also be heavy one , as I plan to get the EGR cleaned and some other stuff .
Bdw got the battery changed as stock battery died :-(.
How is your car running ?
Planning to switch to 195/60/15 by any chance .
Cheers
No plans to do anything what so ever Keep it stock till my dad and me feel like keeping it. 89000 kms will show up may be by tomorrow or day after. Car is absolutely fine and running up good. Mileage I am getting is is 15-17 kmpl and in city 24 kmpl on highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Is it possible to convert Manual ORVM's to electrically adjusted ORVM's and also add a rear wiper-washer in a Ritz Vdi.
I don't think any of the above MODS that you have mentioned are possible after market. Rear wash/wipe is not easy as the whole rear hatch must be replaced to get the fit correct and moreover the wiper stalk controls will not sport the function. A button/lever to be done separate.

Same goes for the ORVM as the routing of cables etc are difficult and time consuming.

Regards,
Anurag.
Old 10th May 2013, 18:44   #911
SBR
BHPian

Few quick queries to fellow BHpians;

What is the right RPM to change gears. I am changing gears between 1500 - 2000 RPM. What is advisable for a healthy engine life & for optimum FE.

From the time of delivery of my car, I have done about 530 KMS with an average of 16.06 Kms / Ltr. This is on a tankful method.

During the run-in period, should I maintain speeds below or equal to 80-90 KM / HR or can I go beyond. Also, is it important to maintain the RPM below 2K mark during the run-in period.

advise.
Old 10th May 2013, 23:37   #912
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Few quick queries to fellow BHpians;

What is the right RPM to change gears. I am changing gears between 1500 - 2000 RPM. What is advisable for a healthy engine life & for optimum FE.
For the life, I don't think it makes too much difference unless you are changing at 3500+ every time.

For FE, the lower the better, just so that you don't get the engine in the wrong power-band for a gear, e.g. 1000rpm in 5th is not good for FE if you are trying to accelerate.

Quote:
During the run-in period, should I maintain speeds below or equal to 80-90 KM / HR or can I go beyond. Also, is it important to maintain the RPM below 2K mark during the run-in period.

advise.
Yes, you need to be careful while running in, but all what you said is not true. I would suggest you read your car's manual for instructions.

Though for people who do not understand qualitative considerations to be taken care of during run-in, should look just observe these rpm and speed guidelines which are not as useful.

There is also a thread on run-in, try searching for that too.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 01:10   #913
BANNED

Quote:
There is nothing as such called right RPM for gear changes. The engine must not be stressed nor lugged. Shifting just before 2000 RPM is good and keeps the car in the power band and doesn't give a feeling of loss of power.

Quote:
During the Run-In DO NOT drive at the same speed/RPM for a longer duration. Keep the speeds fluctuating and an occasional high speed burst for a few seconds (Not 100+ kmph). Not strict rule that the engine must not cross 2K mark but it should be done once in a while.

This is a thread on How to Run-In your new car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 12th May 2013, 23:11   #914
Senior - BHPian

Got my Ritz Vdi serviced at 20000 kms at SK auto Navi Mumbai. Also got rid of the khat sound emanating from the front when driving down speed breakers. They have done a good job with this and so far the sound has not returned.
Attaching the bill of 10176 for all the work done at 20k. I must say Maruti servicing and parts are not cheap at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-ritz_20000.jpg  

Old 13th May 2013, 11:06   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Got my Ritz Vdi serviced at 20000 kms at SK auto Navi Mumbai. Also got rid of the khat sound emanating from the front when driving down speed breakers. They have done a good job with this and so far the sound has not returned.
Attaching the bill of 10176 for all the work done at 20k. I must say Maruti servicing and parts are not cheap at all.
Whoa! That's seriously huge! And for just 20000km? Maruti is really killin it. I wonder what amount a petrol Ritz would run up for a similar service. Can the owners speak on this please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks