Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 11:19   #916
Distinguished - BHPian

Didnt know that Maruti used fully synthetic Mobil1 at their service centre for a Ritz VDI service? Is this the norm across every MASS.
Is the Shell gear oil change at 20K kms a regular service?
Old 13th May 2013, 11:22   #917
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Didnt know that Maruti used fully synthetic Mobil1 at their service centre for a Ritz VDI service? Is this the norm across every MASS.
20K is a major service for DDiS in terms of replacements. So the costs are on the higher side. Yes, gear oil change at 20k is recommended. Synthetic oil is done as per requests, not that something Maruti forcefully recommends. I practice a 5000km oil change interval when I was on mineral oil. Now 10k interval on synthetic oil.
Old 15th May 2013, 06:05   #918
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
And for just 20000km? I wonder what amount a petrol Ritz would run up for a similar service.
As told earlier all even number kms services (20k, 40k, 60k etc) will yield a higher amount as all the fluids and parts are changed during the service. The petrol Ritz would also be in same ball park as the diesel except for a few parts but I dint feel there would be a major price difference in maintenance.

Quote:
MASS is now switching over slowly from Mineral engine oil to Synthetic oil with a change interval of 10000 kms.

My Ritz VDi runs on Shell Synthetic (5W40) costing Rs 2978 for 3.1 lts. Shell or Mobil1 depends on availability of the particular engine oil brand in the area, its demand vs supply etc.

The service advisor asks and mentions on the job card if you wish to switch to synthetic oil from Mineral oil. I don't think they force customers to switch.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:28   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As told earlier all even number kms services (20k, 40k, 60k etc) will yield a higher amount as all the fluids and parts are changed during the service. The petrol Ritz would also be in same ball park as the diesel except for a few parts but I dint feel there would be a major price difference in maintenance.
I agree that that service at 20k multiples will be more expensive for K-series as well. But my guesstimate is that it won't cross Rs. 5.6k+ with synthetic oil (after just regular replacements and replenishments). Am I right, K-series owners? If that is indeed true, that's around half of what you're spending on the diesel. I don't think it's fair to say they are in the same ballpark.
Disclaimer: I don't own a K-series, so I don't have the entire picture.
Old 21st May 2013, 00:40   #920
Senior - BHPian

see what my Ritz hauled in a 500km recent trip.
Rear seat was not at all used to keep any luggage, my wife & kid were happy there. Front passenger seat was pushed all the way up to free up rear leg room.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20130519_150900.jpg  

Old 21st May 2013, 14:50   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
see what my Ritz hauled in a 500km recent trip.
Rear seat was not at all used to keep any luggage, my wife & kid were happy there. Front passenger seat was pushed all the way up to free up rear leg room.
Kool, That's like bags and supplies of an entire apartment ! Ritz do have ample space in the boot to accommodate at least 5-6 luggage's with ease. I take it down to my native and use it to haul Jack-fruits to my family and friends living in town. I have carried 7-8 Jack-fruits in one trip and my Ritzy just needs his boot to carry them. Such a superb car !
Old 24th May 2013, 07:07   #922
BHPian

Planning on RITZ ZXI. What is the average kmpl in city and highways. I browsed through the forum and I have mixed inputs. Is this right >

RITZ=SWIFT > i10 > i20 > Polo > Punto > Figo (for petrol ?).
Old 24th May 2013, 08:17   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
Planning on RITZ ZXI. What is the average kmpl in city and highways. I browsed through the forum and I have mixed inputs
Your avg kmpl is a result of your driving style /roads/traffic. for eg, my 2010 VXI gives me a consistent
19-20 kmpl if I drive it with 3 people without AC around 75-80 kmph in the Bangalore shimoga route or
17-17.5 with 3 people with AC around 80 kmph in the traffic/speedbreaker heavy Bangalore - Calicut route or
around 12 kmpl in the bumper to bumper traffic of Bangalore ORR with AC or
around 16-16.5 with 3 people with AC around 100 kmph in the Bangalore - Coimbatore road.

All value are average of multiple trips on these roads. I try to avoid late braking (use coasting in gear) in highways as much as possible.
Old 24th May 2013, 08:23   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Synthetic oil is done as per requests, not that something Maruti forcefully recommends. I practice a 5000km oil change interval when I was on mineral oil. Now 10k interval on synthetic oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
MASS is now switching over slowly from Mineral engine oil to Synthetic oil with a change interval of 10000 kms.

The service advisor asks and mentions on the job card if you wish to switch to synthetic oil from Mineral oil. I don't think they force customers to switch.
+1 Anurag. I got my Ritz attended to (2nd free inspection) over the weekend and the service adviser suggested me to switch to synthetic oil. The car is filled with mineral oil from the factory too and it is the customer's choice to switch to synthetic.

They do press the customer to make the switch citing some benefits etc. but i'll wait till 20k kms before making the switch.
Old 24th May 2013, 11:13   #925
BHPian

Hello Guys

just realised while driving to office today that one of my car horns is not functioning!! is there a DIY process to rectify it?

What all should i check for before taking it to a mechanic?
Old 24th May 2013, 14:05   #926
BHPian

Hey guys,
What's your experience with DDIS on ghat roads and steep inclines?

I had to negotiate a very steep section the other day. I stuck to first gear since the car was only 500km old and I didn't wanna strain it. For the same reason, I also had to make sure the the revs didn't breach 2k mark. I must say, the way it pulled wasn't very confidence inspiring. Let me add, I'm from a petrol background; in our old Santro, as long as the tyres had grip, the first gear would move it with a mean shove, no matter what incline.

On a different note, I'm planning a ghat road trip in the coming weeks. I'll be tailing an Innova (a taxi with more family members). Will the Ritz struggle to keep up?
Old 24th May 2013, 23:51   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

On a different note, I'm planning a ghat road trip in the coming weeks. I'll be tailing an Innova (a taxi with more family members). Will the Ritz struggle to keep up?
Keep the rpm near to 2k mark and if you want to up shift change gears @ 2.5 mark,there will not be any issues at all .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 11:42   #928
BANNED

Quote:
Don't worry buddy the Ritz will not disappoint you whatsoever. For the ghat section keep the engine RPM above 2000 and only then upshift. Use the engine braking method to help you slow down better on inclines rather depend only on brakes which could heat up and fade.

Regarding tailing the Innova I feel your ritz will be nimble and flickable but keep in mind about the slight body roll and tall boy design so don't push the limits.

Cheers,
Anurag
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 12:13   #929
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

I had to negotiate a very steep section the other day. I stuck to first gear since the car was only 500km old and I didn't wanna strain it. For the same reason, I also had to make sure the the revs didn't breach 2k mark. I must say, the way it pulled wasn't very confidence inspiring. Let me add, I'm from a petrol background; in our old Santro, as long as the tyres had grip, the first gear would move it with a mean shove, no matter what incline.

No, its just the gearing that you should get right. Santro/ WagonR and the likes are not even comparable.

We used the Ritz and the Optra together on hills, last week and Ritz was pretty good. Unless the Optra was pushed harder than normal, Ritz kept up.

Optra is a low-slung sedan with 125bhp at 3000rpm, with very strong mid range which normally makes Innova eat dust!

With the Ritz, be ready to push and travel light.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 12:17   #930
BHPian

Quote:
I agree that that service at 20k multiples will be more expensive for K-series as well. But my guesstimate is that it won't cross Rs. 5.6k+ with synthetic oil (after just regular replacements and replenishments). Am I right, K-series owners? If that is indeed true, that's around half of what you're spending on the diesel. I don't think it's fair to say they are in the same ballpark.
Disclaimer: I don't own a K-series, so I don't have the entire picture.
I have recently done 20K service for my Ritz Vxi

Paid service - Labour + Spares : 1120
Engine Oil (Mineral) : 1100
Gear Box oil : 950
Coolant : 300
Brake Fluid - Labour + Spares : 280
Oil Filter : 85
Wheel Alignment : 300
Tax approx : 600

I was told by the service advisor ,that , since the car runs only approx 6k-7k per year , mineral oil is sufficient, as even with synthetic oil , replacement period would ideally be 1 year.
JoeMichael is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks