Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2013, 12:21   #946

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Thanks for the comprehensive review. I did have a chance to test drive this car and I think it looks great, its rear doesn't look bad either. Overall I felt it had a good performance and it was very comfortable. I'm considering making a purchase soon.
Old 1st July 2013, 16:07   #947
BHPian

All,

The first generation and the second generation Ritz have identical speedometer console. But the second generation has MID display. Can we get this updated in the first generation models too? Is this just a software update? Could you please let me know if this is feasible?
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 12:15   #948
BHPian

Can anyone tell me about any deals available on Maruti Ritz VXI in Bangalore? Going to the showroom today to check it out. There was some Rs. 25K offer about 2-3 months back. Will there be any discounts coming up soon?

Anyone here who has booked it recently and got a good deal in Bangalore?
Old 4th July 2013, 12:21   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Can anyone tell me about any deals available on Maruti Ritz VXI in Bangalore? Going to the showroom today to check it out. There was some Rs. 25K offer about 2-3 months back. Will there be any discounts coming up soon?

Anyone here who has booked it recently and got a good deal in Bangalore?
The discounts on all models have stayed the same. If you have a look at today Times of India paper, there is an exchange offer on all models in Bangalore.

I booked an astar last week, I waited for almost 3 months hoping the discounts would go up, but it stayed the same at 25k since the beginning of this year.

You may not find much dealer discounts over the company announced as the margins for the dealer on sold vehicle is quite less in case of maruti.

Bargain hard of accessories like reverse parking, navigation, rear spoiler, also ask them to waive off basic accessories.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 10:46   #950
BHPian

So guys. It's finalised at this point that we're going for Ritz ZXI. Can someone suggest where to buy this from? At this point I've been happy with Bimal's SA in terms of information and bargaining. But a few of my friends have had horrible A$$ experience at Bimal. How's Mandovi? Or Leo in Bangalore? I stay in Frazer Town, just in case you could point out a closest dealer
Old 7th July 2013, 12:02   #951
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I had my RITZ ZXI PDI yesterday and had a few doubts regarding the same. Please help me out in whether these findings are normal and hence I can go ahead with the BUY.

It would be great if I could get in touch with a Ritz Owner so that I can have my doubts clarified. I am a new member ( 1-2 months here) hence if any Ritz Owner / experienced car owners can PM me their contact I will reply back through mobile.

1. There are lots of paste (glue agent) added in the bonnet at the corners and also at the bottom of the car. Is this normal at-least in RITZ (Maruti).
What is the purpose of these ? See Pics below.

Paste found in the bonnet at the corners.
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-pasteinbonnet.jpg
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-pasteinbonnet2.jpg

2. The same paste is found at all the joints on the bottom of the car. Is this normal in Maruti and/or all cars. Will this be an issue in the long run and also whether Anti-rust Coating will affect these ?

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-bottom_paste.jpg
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-bottom_paste2.jpg

3. I found a slight rust on the exhaust pipe (my assumption - correct me if wrong) in the bonnet. The CAR VIN decoded to be JUNE'13 model and other stuffs look absolutely new. Is this fine ? Whether Anti Rust Coating can be applied to these parts from Car Care ?

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-exhaustfrombonnet.jpg

Thanks in Advance.
Old 16th July 2013, 18:27   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
It is NOT anti-glare mirror. Maruti played a cheap trick on this one. They call it day-night mirror.

Get the one that comes in Swift. It will fit perfectly. I think it costs about 1200/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Thnks Gandhi. Will give this a shot.
Hi Bomi, Did a Swift D/N Mirror work for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Hi All,

The issue is that while starting the car, especially during cold starts, the car "half-starts". The tachometer would show a reading of around 300-400 rpm.
If I try to engage the first gear and move the car, the engine would turn off.
If I press the accelerator during this "half-start", the rpm would climb to 600-700 and car would behave normal.

The real issue is that this problem occurs intermittently, say thrice in a week or so. I had reported this to M.A.S.S during second service and they checked the ECU. However, as per them everything is fine. The worst part is that I have not been able to show M.A.S.S the actual problem. Whenever the car is in workshop, it would behave in a perfect manner.
Happened to see your post. This happens to my car as well but maybe once in a month, if not rarer. Of course the SA at MASS was clueless: "It is not happening now, so why worry". This is an old post, so wondering if anyone found the root cause of this?

Last edited by Su-47 : 16th July 2013 at 18:36.
Old 17th July 2013, 09:34   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
1. There are lots of paste (glue agent) added in the bonnet at the corners and also at the bottom of the car. Is this normal at-least in RITZ (Maruti).

3. I found a slight rust on the exhaust pipe (my assumption - correct me if wrong) in the bonnet.
Hector, I have these glue type material in my Alto also, if you have checked it it will be solid like paint and not well 'gluey'. It is an eye sore but have no worry it will stay put.

Small amount of rust on exhaust pipe is fine, just try rubbing it off with your hands and if it does not leave any imperfection on the pipe no worry.

Congrats on your car
Old 24th July 2013, 13:07   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Hi Bomi, Did a Swift D/N Mirror work for you?

SU 47, sorry for the late reply.

I have installed the Swift Day/Night mirror with a little jugaad as its not a straight fit. The holes of the D/N Swift mirror, in which the screws fit are slightly different (more wide or more narrow-don't recall which) from the holes of the original Ritz mirror. As a result, one of the screws will go in perfectly, the other one has to be jammed in at a slight angle. Then the plastic cover has to be fixed with a thin coating of Araldite.
This has worked for me; my car has covered more than 10k kms. The mirror does not shake while driving, nor has the plastic cover fallen off. A worthwhile change to save you from the numties driving with main beam on, behind you.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th July 2013 at 14:27. Reason: quote tags fixed
Bomi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 14:34   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
SU 47, sorry for the late reply.
I have installed the Swift Day/Night mirror with a little jugaad as its not a straight fit.
Hi Bomi, could you please list the price, part number and pic for the same.
Old 24th July 2013, 14:47   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
Hey Guys,

I had my RITZ ZXI PDI yesterday and had a few doubts regarding the same. Please help me out in whether these findings are normal and hence I can go ahead with the BUY.

It would be great if I could get in touch with a Ritz Owner so that I can have my doubts clarified. I am a new member ( 1-2 months here) hence if any Ritz Owner / experienced car owners can PM me their contact I will reply back through mobile.

What is the purpose of these ? See Pics below.

Paste found in the bonnet at the corners.
Attachment 1106713
Attachment 1106714

2. The same paste is found at all the joints on the bottom of the car. Is this normal in Maruti and/or all cars. Will this be an issue in the long run and also whether Anti-rust Coating will affect these ?

Attachment 1106715
Attachment 1106716

3. I found a slight rust on the exhaust pipe (my assumption - correct me if wrong) in the bonnet. The CAR VIN decoded to be JUNE'13 model and other stuffs look absolutely new. Is this fine ? Whether Anti Rust Coating can be applied to these parts from Car Care ?

Attachment 1106717

Thanks in Advance.

Congrats on your new car! Wish you a delightful ownership experience!

I had the Ritz for almost 3 years, my first car. Ran a good 86k kms and changed the tyres at 65k kms. It was one of the finest car i ever owned
Old 26th July 2013, 10:29   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hi Bomi, could you please list the price, part number and pic for the same.
Attached is a picture of the D/N mirror of Swift which I have fitted in my Ritz. I dont recall the part number as I have discarded the invoice. It cost me around Rs. 300 from Sah and Sanghi, Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img2013072400009.jpg  

Bomi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 17:37   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
All,

The first generation and the second generation Ritz have identical speedometer console. But the second generation has MID display. Can we get this updated in the first generation models too? Is this just a software update? Could you please let me know if this is feasible?
Hey even i own a first generation Ritz and would like to know if you got a way around to this!!!
Old 30th July 2013, 15:31   #959
BHPian

I have given my car at CarPoint near Kaanterava Studio for little body work(scratches on the right side door panel and running board) and while taking the vehicle in , he told my clutch plates are shot!!!. i was shocked as i did not feel any lack of pick up (the car has done only 13500 kms,Ritz Genus VXI) .the car was being primarily used by my parents and they used to crib about the 10 kmpl mileage they were getting.I have asked CarPoint as to not to change the clutch plates as of now.I want to take a second opinion on this.Any pointers for this.Is RNS Motors Yesvantpur any good.
Old 30th July 2013, 16:38   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I want to take a second opinion on this.Any pointers for this.Is RNS Motors Yesvantpur any good.
Hi InControl,

The clutchplates being shot has nothing to do with the pick up. I have a ritz vxi too. When you press the accelerator lightly, and then release the clutch, are you getting a slight / more than slight judder from the car? If so, then this is the most common symptom for shot clutch plates. If you are still not convinced, go to a independent garage and inspect the plates visually. If they seem burnt, then its best to replace.
Please do note, I have actually run my car on shot clutch plates for upto 5k kms before replacing.

Regarding A.S.S. in yesvantpur, sorry, I have no idea.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed