Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 16:54   #961
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Hi InControl,

The clutchplates being shot has nothing to do with the pick up. I have a ritz vxi too. When you press the accelerator lightly, and then release the clutch, are you getting a slight / more than slight judder from the car? If so, then this is the most common symptom for shot clutch plates. If you are still not convinced, go to a independent garage and inspect the plates visually. If they seem burnt, then its best to replace.
Please do note, I have actually run my car on shot clutch plates for upto 5k kms before replacing.

Regarding A.S.S. in yesvantpur, sorry, I have no idea.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Many thanks for the prompt reply Simple_Car.
Yes, indeed there is a slight judder, though i dont have anything to compare with as I had not used the car before(I have got the car transferred through a car carrier from Kolkata to Bangalore last week).The car was being used by my parents earlier and i never got the chance to drive it around much.
Old 31st July 2013, 00:36   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I have given my car at CarPoint near Kaanterava Studio for little body work(scratches on the right side door panel and running board) and while taking the vehicle in , he told my clutch plates are shot!!!. i was shocked as i did not feel any lack of pick up (the car has done only 13500 kms,Ritz Genus VXI) .the car was being primarily used by my parents and they used to crib about the 10 kmpl mileage they were getting.I have asked CarPoint as to not to change the clutch plates as of now.I want to take a second opinion on this.Any pointers for this.Is RNS Motors Yesvantpur any good.
Go to a steep slope. (like a ramp in a shopping mall, or any know small area) Stop the car in between. Now try to move the car forward with little or no accelerator input. If the car moves forward, the clutch is good. If it stalls and dies, the clutch is gone.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 07:50   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Go to a steep slope. (like a ramp in a shopping mall, or any know small area) Stop the car in between. Now try to move the car forward with little or no accelerator input. If the car moves forward, the clutch is good. If it stalls and dies, the clutch is gone.
Thanks.
I will try this tomorrow and let you know the results.
This has to be done in 1st gear i suppose.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:53   #964
BANNED

Quote:
This has to be done in 1st gear i suppose.
@InControl:

This has to be done using the 1st gear. A 2nd gear will stall and you'll think the clutch plates are fried.

A slope/incline will not take a higher gear without any accelerator input. So do this test on a incline by stopping in middle and shift to 1st gear and see.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 10:50   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks for the prompt reply Simple_Car.
Yes, indeed there is a slight judder, though i dont have anything to compare with as I had not used the car before(I have got the car transferred through a car carrier from Kolkata to Bangalore last week).The car was being used by my parents earlier and i never got the chance to drive it around much.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
@InControl:

This has to be done using the 1st gear. A 2nd gear will stall and you'll think the clutch plates are fried.

Anurag.

Had given the car for general service and got the clutch play adjusted.
Surprisingly clutch is perfectly alright now.Saved myself a cool 6k.
Its moving ahead on 1st gear even on a steep slop with a surge .
Thank you guys for your input, Godsend!!!
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 14:27   #966
BHPian

Gentlemen,

Off late, I started to see that the my Ritz's steering feels lighter (and vague) when compared to what it was when new. Pointed this out to the SA while giving for service, and he changed some 'steering damper' saying that it had a problem. Now, the steering has become even more light (and vague).

Questions:
- Is the Ritz steering very light? Say, as light as i10?
- Is there a non-hazardous way of testing that steering is alright? If so, I would like to try it out and hopefully either get 'peace of mind' or followup with Maruti.

Thanks,
Su-47
Old 8th August 2013, 23:42   #967
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Questions:
- Is there a non-hazardous way of testing that steering is alright? If so, I would like to try it out and hopefully either get 'peace of mind' or followup with Maruti.
Is yours a diesel or a petrol and which variant is it? Steering for me good enough. Not to light and not hard. On low speeds I can turn it with one finger.

Steering feel also depends on the air pressures and tyre section on the car.

Did yousee the replaced damper with a new one? What was the reason given by the SA for the part failure?

Anurag.
Old 9th August 2013, 00:32   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

Off late, I started to see that the my Ritz's steering feels lighter (and vague) when compared to what it was when new. Pointed this out to the SA while giving for service, and he changed some 'steering damper' saying that it had a problem. Now, the steering has become even more light (and vague).

Questions:

Thanks,
Su-47
How old is your car and how many Kms it has covered till now ? I guess your tyres have lost it's grip and as a result you might be getting this feeling . Do you get this vague feeling only in low speeds or during highway runs also ?
I will suggest drive a another ritz and then take a call .

Hope it helps
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 21:02   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Steering feel also depends on the air pressures and tyre section on the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I guess your tyres have lost it's grip and as a result you might be getting this feeling .
Today I had to drive to Mysore, and was getting a bumpy ride with every small crack of the road getting felt. Thought, it may be something to do with the the tyre pressure, so got it checked. Rear pressure was decent (31 psi vs. recommended 29, could be because the tyres were warm after a few kms of drive), but the front ones were 45! Exaggerating, but, I was probably driving with my car's nose raised into the air. No wonder I wasn't getting any grip from the front wheels. Got the air pressure normalized and all is well

Came back home, got on to TBHP, and see you guys diagnosed it so well: Awesome stuff guys!

Called the SA and screwed his happiness. It is likely that the guys who did wheel balancing thought mine was a Diesel and put such high pressure on front tyres. Even if the guys doing balancing can't read the badge, I find this ridiculous because mine is Zxi. Given that there was no Zdi for the first version of Ritz, the alloys scream "Petrol car".

Quote:
Did yousee the replaced damper with a new one? What was the reason given by the SA for the part failure?
Had to pick my car in a hurry so didn't get a chance to check the replaced part. They are in the boot, will take a look and talk to SA as well.

Thanks for your comments guys!
Su-47

Last edited by Su-47 : 9th August 2013 at 21:03.
Old 9th August 2013, 21:49   #970
Senior - BHPian

Even on the diesel the recommended pressure is 36 in the front. 45 is way too high, did the damper really need replacement? or did they just replace a part to just pacify the customer?
Old 10th August 2013, 04:22   #971
BANNED

Quote:
Thought, it may be something to do with the the tyre pressure, so got it checked. Rear pressure was decent (31 psi vs. recommended 29, could be because the tyres were warm after a few kms of drive), but the front ones were 45!
Congrats for all being OK with the car. 45psi from MASS is pretty normal as everytime I get my car from normal service, I check for two things:

1) Live To Drive sticker on my car &

2) Air pressure in all 5 tyres. To my surprise all the time the pressures maintained are between 39-42 psi in all 5 tyres. I'm tired of telling them the correct pressures do deflate them myself everytime.

Keep checking the tyre pressure every week. It helps a lot.

Quote:
Had to pick my car in a hurry so didn't get a chance to check the replaced part. They are in the boot, will take a look and talk to SA as well.
What I suspect it's because of this 45 psi pressure that was maintained in the car the steering damper would have gone kaput for no fault of it's and no fault of yours. Check the old part vis-a-vis a new part from their spares godown.

Get in touch with your SA and tell the damper failed because of high pressure in the front tyres that was making the car like a bouncing Jack and you would have felt the finest of the road.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 10th August 2013, 15:29   #972
BANNED

Is it possible to add a boot-lamp on Ritz ZDi ?

Shame on Maruti for not providing one even on top models.
Old 13th August 2013, 04:35   #973
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to replace my 64000 , 3.5 year JK tire with something else. The tread still remains but the horrible monsoon has caused the tires to go out of shape and the tire now causes a jumpy feeling. I have been asked to replace the tires. I am looking at 185/70R14.

I am currently debating between bridgestone ER60 at 4550/tire and XM2 at 4800/tire.

Any suggestions?
Old 13th August 2013, 11:21   #974
BANNED

Quote:
I am currently debating between bridgestone ER60 at 4550/tire and XM2 at 4800/tire.

Any suggestions?
Is this the first set of tyres that came with the car from the factory? How is old is the car?

My first tyres that came with the car was changed at 61000 kms and now running on the second set. I'm still on the stock size 165/80 R14 with the mileage at present at 98000 kms. Tyres on mycar are Bridgestone S 248 ones.

As for you it is Michelin's all the way. No doubt about them. Go with it.

Cheers,
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th August 2013 at 11:22.
Old 13th August 2013, 12:04   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is it possible to add a boot-lamp on Ritz ZDi ?

Shame on Maruti for not providing one even on top models.
I guess yes but in after market! One of my friend has done this for this Ritz Vdi, back in Hyderabad 2 years back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks