Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 22:47   #1066
BANNED

Re: Brakes: Ritz VDI vs Ritz ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
So true. This basically sums up the fact that I was feeling inadequate braking even at the speed of around 60km/h.
I am back from my 600 KM long drive & one thing that I have concluded is that the stock Apollo 165 are seriously under gripped for this turbo charged diesel.
I feel that this stock size can even be life threatening.
Life threatening?!

I have the 165/80 R14 section tyres for 1.04 lakh kms in 2.9 years and never felt the need to upgrade to 185 section tyres.

I drive fast too but yes there were certain situations where I felt the car was under-tyred but not always. Get to know the car and how it delivers power, how the car brakes, how to use engine braking correctly and collectively is all that will come with time and practice.

Anurag
Old 11th November 2013, 23:09   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

I am facing a issue with AVG fuel efficiency display in Ritz VDI new model. it resets to 0.5kmpl after driving 50-100kms and I think when driven through bad roads makes it trip to this reading.
the whole thing goes like this: shows 16-17.x kmpl and after random drives, suddenly it slows to 15.x,14.x and then directly to 0.5kmpl. Popular Maruti service at Muvattupuzha is clueless about this. they are suggesting to get the car to their Cochin service centre.
I wonder how to get some one from Maruti technical team to intervene to resolve this issue?
this is happening from the day I took delivery of the car. someone with technical knowledge can guess what can be wrong?
Old 12th November 2013, 17:54   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I am facing a issue with AVG fuel efficiency display in Ritz VDI new model. it resets to 0.5kmpl after driving 50-100kms and I think when driven through bad roads makes it trip to this reading.
the whole thing goes like this: shows 16-17.x kmpl and after random drives, suddenly it slows to 15.x,14.x and then directly to 0.5kmpl. Popular Maruti service at Muvattupuzha is clueless about this. they are suggesting to get the car to their Cochin service centre.
I wonder how to get some one from Maruti technical team to intervene to resolve this issue?
this is happening from the day I took delivery of the car. someone with technical knowledge can guess what can be wrong?
May be a firmware update or something could solve the issue. I suggest you get the works manager number from the Cochin service centre and have a word with him before you take it there.

If he is NOT able to give an answer, then please send a mail to Maruti help line. They might be able to give an answer from the right team.

Also please try to contact any other service centres close to you and check whether they are able to sort it out. If this is done there, you could avoid the Cochin drive. You may also pass the resolution details to the Muvattupuzha service centre guys; next time (if someone else has the same problem) they will know what needs to be done.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 15:57   #1069
Senior - BHPian

@swiftnfurious: I called the works manager at Elamakkara(Cochin) service centre of Popular and he remarked it may be a "software issue". however, I later contacted TSM of Maruti-Suzuki and he directed me to get the car into Popular MASS at Muvattupuzha. they tested the car and confirmed there is a problem. the supervisor thinks it can be a issue with wiring harness. asked me to leave the car with them tomorrow. while test driving what I observed was supervisor was checking engine compartment after opening up the bonnet and I can see the AVG(average kmpl) gets reduced by 0.2kmpl while the car was idling. after this, he acknowledged there is a problem.
this problem crops in after running through bad roads for 100s of kilometres. It is hard to convince them also(I had a couple of snaps of MID error in my mobile).
Here are some snaps from my phone(sorry for the bad clarity):
1. when the Average mileage display resets to 0.5kmpl and slow increment:
2. after some 50 kilometers drive, it gains as 2.7kmpl. now, it will grow slowly up to 5-7kmpl in the course of finishing 300-500kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-avg1.resized.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-photo0477.resized.jpg  

deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 14:27   #1070
BHPian

My Ritz zxi too seems to have developed this issue, but it cropped up during my drive on saturday in rain through NH 45. Currently the average shown is 5.7 while the range seems to give a correct indication. Before I started the average in MID was 19.x.
Old 18th November 2013, 22:34   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
My Ritz zxi too seems to have developed this issue, but it cropped up during my drive on saturday in rain through NH 45. Currently the average shown is 5.7 while the range seems to give a correct indication. Before I started the average in MID was 19.x.
I gave it to Popular Maruti Muvattupuzha for inspection. they took a whole day and claims they checked all sensors and wiring harness and everything seems OK. the most irritating thing was while I was explaining the problem(very hard to explain to SA's who conclude without hearing much), a Supervisor just reset the AVG mileage to 0! . I shouted at him, but he reset before I can explain. this makes it much more hard for me to explain it. luckily, I have some mobile phone photos took when the problem was seen.

this is a serious problem and MASS is not enough competent to have a solution except washing their hands off.
I am given a senior technician at Popular Maruti's Elamakkara(Cochin) workshop as the next time this error happens will have to show to Cochin workshop. I seriously believe even the AVG mileage shown is wrong considering it never crosses above 17kmpl even if drive through straight highways.

Last edited by deepclutch : 18th November 2013 at 22:36.
Old 19th November 2013, 13:39   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
I gave it to Popular Maruti Muvattupuzha for inspection. they took a whole day and claims they checked all sensors and wiring harness and everything seems OK. the most irritating thing was while I was explaining the problem(very hard to explain to SA's who conclude without hearing much), a Supervisor just reset the AVG mileage to 0! . I shouted at him, but he reset before I can explain. this makes it much more hard for me to explain it. luckily, I have some mobile phone photos took when the problem was seen.

this is a serious problem and MASS is not enough competent to have a solution except washing their hands off.
I am given a senior technician at Popular Maruti's Elamakkara(Cochin) workshop as the next time this error happens will have to show to Cochin workshop. I seriously believe even the AVG mileage shown is wrong considering it never crosses above 17kmpl even if drive through straight highways.
Not good news definitely. Mine was working fine on the previous 2 long trips. The average shown was corresponding to what I got from tankfull calculations. Not sure what happened this time around. The average was 2.x during the middle of my drive and is now at 5.x. After average mileage has been reset, have you had a chance to check if it is showing up correct numbers now?
Old 25th November 2013, 01:42   #1073
Senior - BHPian

IMO, Popular Muvattupuzha service centre has not done anything to resolve this issue as their staff seems incompetent to diagnose the problem. they claimed they opened the dashboard to check wiring harness - plain lie. they said they swapped instrument console - I wonder whether they can acutally do that! plane liars. they kept the car from morning to evening connected the suzuki obd scanner tool and called their service head at Ernakulam and they failed to resolve this issue. this is what happened.

I will have to wait for another instance when the MID Average mileage display resets to the error region(0.5kmpl and then wrong readings displayed until reset).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Not good news definitely. Mine was working fine on the previous 2 long trips. The average shown was corresponding to what I got from tankfull calculations. Not sure what happened this time around. The average was 2.x during the middle of my drive and is now at 5.x. After average mileage has been reset, have you had a chance to check if it is showing up correct numbers now?
regarding your query - after resetting the wrong MID Average KMPL display, it is showing 16-17kmpl for city driving(which makes 70% of my travel). this is how it was when the car was delivered. it never ever crossed 18kmpl i I drive 100kms in plane long highway. if I touch highway it goes up to 17-17.5kmpl. I believe this is less than the fuel efficiency car achieves.

for comparison, I checked the display of another diesel Ritz and Swift both are showing 18.x kmpl(in city) and the guys say it can go up to 23kmpl. I believe my MID display's Average kmpl calculation is wrong. but convincing service centre is not easy, especially when their novice service advisors can reset your MID while you are explaining. so I have to wait till the error pops out.

If someone can recommend a MASS who does have expertise with these MID's in Cochin area - you are welcome.
--
there is another function in MID - Instantaneous mileage - which shows 30-33kmpl to 10.xkmpl fluctuating and I can confirm it is similar in the other guy's Ritz as well. but, in my Ritz, the AVG mileage display is lesser than the approximate average of instantaneous mileage displayed by a large distance.

If Maruti should have included a eco-mode using this parameter in Ritz it will help us drive with achieving maximum fuel efficiency.

Last edited by deepclutch : 25th November 2013 at 01:44.
Old 25th November 2013, 02:56   #1074
SLK
Senior - BHPian

My experience not only with MASS but Honda and Chevy too has been that NEVER fix a thing that isn't really broken. Your MID fault is a very minor issue, I think pursuing this would in most circumstances lead to frustration and maybe damage to other components.

My Ritz's Speedo is faulty, Only in winters though, it either shows the speed as 20-30kms/ hr higher or lower (as it feels like, and at times works fine too) that sometimes causes confusion about the speed/ gear but is manageable because wasting time with MASS is of no use!. It's been like this for 4 years!
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:26   #1075
BHPian

Little off topic on the Speedometer .
I just replaced the stock air filter with K&N on my Ritz petrol. Its more than 4 years old with 31K on odo.
I would say the filter is worth it.
Car is now more revv happy and could see the difference in pickup with the initial gears. Almost no impact on the fuel economy in city riding conditions and the exhaust sound is little different. I am yet to go on a highway ride to check out the fuel efficiency impact. The biggest difference for me is "I can climb the near-suicidal parking lot ramp of my office without accelerator fast enough so that the guy behind me won't honk"

No better gift for my faithful ride on a new year. Stock replacement filter is not very expensive and self replaceable. Would definitely reccommend to all Ritz owners.
Ohh!Oxygen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 18:25   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Stock replacement filter is not very expensive and self replaceable. Would definitely reccommend to all Ritz owners.
Can you share the price please ? I want to do the same on my Swift 1.2 K(Older generation).
It is 3 years old but has done only 22k so far.
Old 2nd January 2014, 23:54   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Can you share the price please ? I want to do the same on my Swift 1.2 K(Older generation).
It is 3 years old but has done only 22k so far.
Check with Snapdeal. I checked couple of places locally but got the best price out there.
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:27   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing a issue with AVG fuel efficiency display in Ritz VDI new model.
You're not the only one with this problem. I have a 2013 Ritz VDi in the family that has an MID with a mind of its own. Although I cannot really tie the anomaly in average FE reading to any events (like passing over bad roads), I have certainly experienced it many times. I thought of bringing it to the attention of service people but I didn't wanna hand over the car over this minor issue. So what I do is just reset the reading and then the reading changes to more believable figures. I've also experienced the reading getting stuck on many occasions (which, again, I fix with a reset).

This looks like a software bug to me than anything else. If enough people report it, I'm guessing MSIL will finally get a team of engineers working on it.

I must also add, these errors are a very sporadic occurence. But when they do happen, they don't go away without a reset.
SlowRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:14   #1079
Senior - BHPian

The MID FE error is observed in the Ritz D that i drove as well. Once reset, it shows correct FE, but gradually it goes to single digits(4, 5) and stabilizes at 4.5 kmpl.

Very funny.
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:25   #1080
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
You're not the only one with this problem. I have a 2013 Ritz VDi in the family that has an MID with a mind of its own. Although I cannot really tie the anomaly in average FE reading to any events (like passing over bad roads), I have certainly experienced it many times. I thought of bringing it to the attention of service people but I didn't wanna hand over the car over this minor issue. So what I do is just reset the reading and then the reading changes to more believable figures. I've also experienced the reading getting stuck on many occasions (which, again, I fix with a reset).

This looks like a software bug to me than anything else. If enough people report it, I'm guessing MSIL will finally get a team of engineers working on it.

I must also add, these errors are a very sporadic occurence. But when they do happen, they don't go away without a reset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The MID FE error is observed in the Ritz D that i drove as well. Once reset, it shows correct FE, but gradually it goes to single digits(4, 5) and stabilizes at 4.5 kmpl.

Very funny.
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 30-60 seconds and then reconnecting it again?

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks