Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 16:36   #1141
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
  • Let us say the bearing noise is prominent when driving at certain speed, you could shift to neutral and then see if the noise stays the same and decreases as you decelerate (It simply means the bearing noise from wheel has no connection with engine RPMs)
To put in simple terms, blow air by holding a hollow pipe perpendicular to your mouth, the sound (Faint whistle) that comes is what is the indication for a wheel bearing problem that is dependant ONLY on speed and NOT engine RPM.

Anurag.
Old 10th April 2014, 10:51   #1142
BHPian

I get a faint whistle like sound everytime I hit 2000rpm. Can hear it windows rolled up too, doesn't sound harsh at all. I can relate it to the turbo sound a scorpio makes, but with less intensity.

So far so good, running smoothly, no issues till now.
What is it? Should I be worried about it?

I'm sure mine is a petrol car (fuel/service bills, VXi badge prove it too!)
Old 10th April 2014, 12:20   #1143
BHPian

MSM Service folks have taken my car for diagnosis this morning. Will update you once I get a call from them.
Old 10th April 2014, 13:28   #1144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
I get a faint whistle like sound everytime I hit 2000rpm. Can hear it windows rolled up too, doesn't sound harsh at all. I can relate it to the turbo sound a scorpio makes, but with less intensity.

So far so good, running smoothly, no issues till now.
What is it? Should I be worried about it?
Is that sound heard only at 2000 rpm? Does the sound increase when accelerating and decrease when deceleration?

Can you guess from where the sound is heard from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
MSM Service folks have taken my car for diagnosis this morning. Will update you once I get a call from them.
Shall wait for the update and result of the diagnosis. Thanks.

Anurag.
Old 10th April 2014, 14:14   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Shall wait for the update and result of the diagnosis. Thanks.

Anurag.
Quick Update - Yes, the problem was with the RHS rear wheel bearing. This has been replaced. MSM folks are checking if this can be covered under warranty.

Thanks to A4anurag and Swiftnfurious.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 15:35   #1146
BHPian

A quick update on the issue with MID. Since I got the car back after rear windshield replacement due to this, it seems they reset the ECU settings as well. MID was showing L/100km while I had set it for km/l. After a few drives it seems to be working ok showing close to the actual mileage I am getting.
Has anyone else managed to get it fixed?
Old 10th April 2014, 16:56   #1147
BANNED

Quote:
Quick Update - Yes, the problem was with the RHS rear wheel bearing. This has been replaced. MSM folks are checking if this can be covered under warranty.
Good that MSM and we got the problem pin-pointed and solved it too!

I feel replacing all the wheel at a go is a good idea rather than replacing only the defected part?

Happy driving.

Anurag.
Old 10th April 2014, 17:12   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
I feel replacing all the wheel at a go is a good idea rather than replacing only the defected part?
Anurag.
Anurag - Can you please explain what 'All the wheel' means? You mean I need to replace the RHS rear alloy wheel too?
Old 10th April 2014, 17:32   #1149
BANNED

Quote:
Anurag - Can you please explain what 'All the wheel' means? You mean I need to replace the RHS rear alloy wheel too?
No No. I meant you to replace the wheel bearing in all the 4 wheels rather than changing only in the RHS rear.

Anurag.
Old 11th April 2014, 14:09   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

How good is the Ritz VDi as a buy today?

One of my relatives was looking for a low maintanance diesel, but against Swift for some reason.

The Ritz VDi at 6.64 lacs (after discounts) OTR Bangalore makes for a good case for itself.

Is the driveability and Turbo boost of the Pre-Facelift Ritz still present in the new Ritz?
Any other long term issues that one should be aware of regarding the Ritz? What about the replacement model - is it coming anytime soon?

Inputs appreciated.
Old 11th April 2014, 14:19   #1151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys,

How good is the Ritz VDi as a buy today?

One of my relatives was looking for a low maintanance diesel, but against Swift for some reason.

The Ritz VDi at 6.64 lacs (after discounts) OTR Bangalore makes for a good case for itself.

Has the driveability and Turbo boost of the Pre-Facelift Ritz still present in the new Ritz?

Any other long term issues that one should be aware of regarding the Ritz? What about the replacement model - is it coming anytime soon?
As an ex-owner of the Ritz VDi, the car is brilliant and undoubtedly classic in its own class. No complaints and issues in my 3 years stint with it with 1.07 lakh kms on odometer. At some point of time, yes I did feel the need of ABS in my Ritz. Helps a lot to raise confidence. My sincere advice is to look at Ritz ZDi rather than a VDi.

I spent only on fuel, one set of tyres (apart from the ones that came factory fit) and brake pads replaced twice in 3 years. All internals are STOCK and was maintained in good shape so resale was good for me. Fuel efficiency on an average was never below 20.5 kmpl.

There is no change to engine or driveability in the old one and facelifted model. Regarding a replacement fur the Ritz, I expect it be somewhere in later part of 2017.

If space and roomy nature is the main criteria then Ritz is your option as Swift fails in space.

Need any more information? Please ask!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th April 2014 at 14:21.
Old 11th April 2014, 14:41   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Is that sound heard only at 2000 rpm? Does the sound increase when accelerating and decrease when deceleration?
Yes, it does.

Quote:
Can you guess from where the sound is heard from?
Since it's faint can hardly point it. Will try to pay more attention next few days.
Old 11th April 2014, 14:48   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no change to engine or driveability in the old one and facelifted model. Regarding a replacement fur the Ritz, I expect it be somewhere in later part of 2017.
I meant between BSIII and BSIV did Maruti do any changes to the engine tuning to make the engine characteristics more linear , like they did with the New Swift?
Old 11th April 2014, 14:51   #1154
BANNED

Quote:

I meant between BSIII and BSIV did Maruti do any changes to the engine tuning to make the engine characteristics more linear , like they did with the New Swift?
No I haven't felt any change in the versions.

Anurag.
Old 12th April 2014, 00:47   #1155
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey! Ritz was always BSIV. Though I think there is no way to prove that, since none of the documents state the pollution compliance. So I have a 2009 model BSIV car but since I can't prove that, I get a 3 month PUC certificate instead of 1 year prescribed for BSIV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks