Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 12:59   #1471
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

I had a loaner Ritz ZXi with me for 2-3 weeks and I absolutely loved the K series engine in it. The gearbox was slick too and I liked its position a lot. And the seats... I found them better than the Ertiga. Overall, I was supremely impressed with this little car and its so underrated in the market. If I was in the market for a petrol hatch, I would seriously consider the Ritz.
Old 1st December 2015, 14:10   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Woah! Double nod, eh?! Going to get this done soon. Should I buy these online and take them to Maruti to fit them or should I buy it off them. I'm assuming they definitely won't have Hella Horn so that I'll get it fixed from some other garage.
That's up to you. Call up your dealer and ask for the bulb pricing. (I recall seeing 1200 for a pair 6 months back). If you can go to JC road, visit AK traders and get a pair from there, it will be cheaper there for sure. Cant comment on online deals without seeing the listing.

Fitting can be done by anyone..very easy..refer owner manual for details.

If you are going to AK traders, get your fog lamps upgraded to 55w as well. Search this thread for my post (no 1178 & few on previous page) on that upgrade.

Last edited by arjithin : 1st December 2015 at 14:12.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 10:09   #1473
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
I'm looking to buy a city commuter for my parents as Innova is too big to drive around the city. Currently we are considering Ritz and i10 Grand. Like the looks and the features of i10 Grand but Ritz seems little more comfortable for my Dad who is 6'2".
My question is, will there be a new model of Ritz coming anytime soon?
Ritz hasn't changed ever since it's release (other than minor facelift in 2012) and hate to spend 6L and then couple of months later see a new car roll out.
Having the two cars at home.

Wait for Ritz. Its a more VFM than Grand i10 although its underrated and bestowed with step-motherly treatment by Maruti.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 06:34   #1474
BHPian

Hi All,
Planning to buy a ritz(petrol version)..just a bit confused between swift and ritz : same engine,minor tuning difference, somehow due to the vehicle weight I feel ritz is better. Lots will argue technically that lighter vehicles are also safe somehow apart from all the clarification about abs,airbags etc I feel weight of the vehicle does matter.

My Major concern is model discontinuation as I see its least selling after gypsy.. that makes me worried

Note: I already own a swift vxi and love it's drive shifting it to my wife and planning a new one

Thanks in advance
Old 9th March 2016, 09:13   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
Hi All,
Planning to buy a ritz(petrol version)..just a bit confused between swift and ritz : same engine,minor tuning difference, somehow due to the vehicle weight I feel ritz is better. Lots will argue technically that lighter vehicles are also safe somehow apart from all the clarification about abs,airbags etc I feel weight of the vehicle does matter.

My Major concern is model discontinuation as I see its least selling after gypsy.. that makes me worried

Note: I already own a swift vxi and love it's drive shifting it to my wife and planning a new one

Thanks in advance
I'd say go for the Ritz if you value roomy interiors and ample leg space. I've been driving one for 5+ years with no issues and I absolutely love the leg space and upright seating. I've been in my friend's Swift which is a real hassle to get into and out too. As for the discontinuation, it's sad they're phasing it out, but I believe service centers should accommodate you for the better part of the next 5 years.
kanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 09:54   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Being a Ritz owner for more than 5 yrs now, I can vouch for this amazing little car! I was in the same dilemma that time and decided to go for Ritz as it didn't make sense to pay more for the (old) swift. I am glad I made that decision; Ritz is much roomier than Swift because of it's tall boy design and feels more planted for it's weight. A set of 185 section tyres (ZXI Spec) also transforms it's handling significantly, taking away the tall boy disadvantage.

I see you're from Hyd, if you're ok with a used one, since it'll be phased out, I've mine up for sale; looking to graduate to a bigger car as the family just got bigger. I've driven 60K absolutely blissful kms and it still feels mechanically as tight as when it was new; full service history is also available with MASS, will PM you my number; call me if you'd like to take it forward.

EDIT: I guess you cannot send/receive PMs yet; pasting the quikr ad URL for your reference as the team-bhp one is still under 'pending approval'
http://hyderabad.quikr.com/Grey-2010...AdIdZ254443603

Last edited by avinash_m : 9th March 2016 at 10:06. Reason: User does not have PM rights yet. pasting ad URL
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 23:39   #1477

Eighty eight thousand eight hundred and eighty eight! My little hippo’s odometer recently witnessed this milestone.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20160226_0959211200x2132.jpg

Riding it since past 5 years and still going strong. Having driven 700 km non-stop om many occasions, I can confidently say that this engine is a gem of all. If you manage to tackle that initial lag, which is quite prominent in Ritz as compared other siblings, this power house is unstoppable. Just cross that 2k rpm mark and you'll never fill lack of power, even right up to the redline. Highway cruising is a sheer joy! A lot has been talked about Ritz's handling dynamics, most of them complaining its ability of corning, braking and stability. Yes, tallboy design comes with limitations but it’s definitely not boxy like Scorpio or Safari. COD is much better and helps a lot at high speed cruising specially with that added rubber. Overall I’m quite happy with its composed handling though not overwhelmed, but that’s what we should expect from a car of this size, isn’t it?

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2016 at 07:34. Reason: Mention of high speed driving deleted
do-od-do is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 11:48   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by do-od-do View Post
Eighty eight thousand eight hundred and eighty eight! My little hippo’s odometer recently witnessed this milestone.

Attachment 1494076

Riding it since past 5 years and still going strong. Having driven 700 km non-stop at many occasions and clocking max speed of 170 km/hr, I can confidently say that this engine is a gem of all. If you manage to tackle that initial lag, which is quite prominent in Ritz as compared other siblings, this power house is unstoppable. Just cross that 2k rpm mark and you'll never fill lack of power, even right up to the redline. Highway cruising is a sheer joy! A lot has been talked about Ritz's handling dynamics, most of them complaining its ability of corning, braking and stability. Yes, tallboy design comes with limitations but it’s definitely not boxy like Scorpio or Safari. COD is much better and helps a lot at high speed cruising specially with that added rubber. Overall I’m quite happy with its composed handling though not overwhelmed, but that’s what we should expect from a car of this size, isn’t it?
Totally agree with you mate....
It is truly a very underrated car. Loads of space inside, good road view and gem of a DDIS Engine, if you ignore the initial lag.

My Ritzy is now 55000 Kms and still going strong.
Might go for a Remap soon.
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 12:09   #1479
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to change my Ritz (Vdi_ABS) and my first choice was another Ritz (Zdi) but unfortunately they don't sell them anymore. The current car has clocked 130k in about 5.5 years. So to all the people who moved from Ritz to another car - which car did you move to?
Old 5th April 2016, 12:16   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I am looking to change my Ritz (Vdi_ABS) and my first choice was another Ritz (Zdi) but unfortunately they don't sell them anymore.
I just checked the official website for the Ritz and they apparently still sell the ZDi.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 12:20   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to change my Ritz (Vdi_ABS) and my first choice was another Ritz (Zdi) but unfortunately they don't sell them anymore. The current car has clocked 130k in about 5.5 years. So to all the people who moved from Ritz to another car - which car did you move to?
Even my family choice was a Ritz Zdi after a 80,000 km 3 year Ritz LDi. But we moved to a Ford Ecosport TDCi as the replacement. That was 2013 ,it's been a good 3 years and 40,000km of peaceful ownership. IMO after the price revisions on Ecosport it makes for a good upgrade decision. Add to that you get spare parts at Focuz automobiles, Kochi over the counter to service the car at the friendly garage. And that's the reason we didn't even revise the warranty after 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I just checked the official website for the Ritz and they apparently still sell the ZDi.
But i think it's only the fleet Taxi variant.

Last edited by johannskaria : 5th April 2016 at 12:22.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:35   #1482
BHPian

Ritz is truely a gem of a car. I can still not forget the wild grin I had on my face a couple of years back while driving the Ritz ZXI with the first gen K-series engine.

We were in the market for another hatchback at that time and were test driving cars. After TDing the Swift, I was very much uninterested in driving the Ritz. It looked like a tall boy and I was like this one should drive similar as our WagonR. But I was so wrong!

The dynamics were such that would put a comparatively low slung Grand i10 to shame. Body roll though present was highly controlled for a tall boy. And the best part, the engine, it was marvelous! Red lining this car was such a fun! The position of the tacho on the dash looked and felt so sporty!, gear shifts were slick and had short throws. Seats were reasonably comfy too. Headroom was in abundance. Built quality, especially from the outside was unlike any other Maruti at that time.

The only downer was that Maruti had detuned the later batches of Ritz and Swift with the VVT, K-series engine and when I test drove the Swift (the VVT one), it felt timid with poor low end torque and slow throttle response than what was the one with the first gen Ritz. However the mid and high revvs were equally good. Since the updated Ritz also has VVT badging, i can assume that it has the detuned engine.

That said, Ritz is still a very competent car in my opinion. Can't believe that it used to sell such low numbers. Looks may be one thing, but I find it okay. Darker colours look even good.

Also, somebody from a Maruti showroom told me that due to better build quality, Ritz had low margins than WagonR and Swift. That's why, a WagonR which sells higher than 10k units a months has higher discounts as compared to Ritz and Maruti actually push the dealers to sell more WagonR and Swifts than the Ritz.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 5th April 2016 at 12:37.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 16:08   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Replacement of Ritz - Possible
Equivalent package availability in current market - Can't find any

Ritz as a package is unique. Be it space, build quality, engine, ease of driving and maintenance, it has everything. Sad but true it's going to be discontinued soon. Since Maruti is not keen to bring proper upgrade in terms of gadgets, design and new age technologies, it makes very little sence to own it now (or own it again).

I moved from Ritz VDI to S-Cross after a blissful 3.5 years of ownership. So I would say, if you want to stay in Maruti stable S-Cross is the best they have now. But, it retails on the wrong side of a million bucks.

Else if you are fine to upgrade any brand, then I would say Ecosport and Jazz are strong contenders.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 16:43   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The market has hugely opened up in the last 5 years and now, you have extremely competent vehicles to upgrade to from a Ritz.

Depending on your budget, the choices are aplenty.
With the assumption that you would look at a premium hatch category, recommendations are as below:

1) Baleno
2) Jazz
3) Elite i20
4) Dzire(CS)
5) Figo Aspire
6) Figo Hatch
7) Zest(not considering Bolt due to its pricing)
8) Eco Sport(bit of a stretch maybe)

From the lot, my recommendations would be:
Baleno>i20>Jazz.

Considering you are from the MSIL stable and would like to stay in one, have voted for the Baleno.

It has a good alround package and more importantly is decent to drive.
Backed with MSIL's network, it is a match winner.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 17:57   #1485
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Replacement of Ritz - Possible
As per the media reports, The Suzuki Ignis will be the replacement for Ritz, which will come by the festive season 2016.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_cat03_04.png  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-styling3.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks