Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 22:18   #1486
BHPian

Going by those snaps I doubt the Ignis will have as much headroom as the Ritz. It's sad they're phasing it out though.
kanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 23:42   #1487

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
I moved from Ritz VDI to S-Cross after a blissful 3.5 years of ownership.
How's your transition experience from Ritz to Scross? Just keen to understand differences in terms of driving posture, engine response, turbo lag, handling and dynamics. Scross is definitely falls in different category and cannot be directly compared with Ritz when it comes to features and specifications, but I'm keen to understand what are the things you miss the most from Ritz and the ones which you very much delighted to get in Scross.
Old 6th April 2016, 12:43   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by do-od-do View Post
How's your transition experience from Ritz to Scross? Just keen to understand differences in terms of driving posture, engine response, turbo lag, handling and dynamics. Scross is definitely falls in different category and cannot be directly compared with Ritz when it comes to features and specifications, but I'm keen to understand what are the things you miss the most from Ritz and the ones which you very much delighted to get in Scross.
As you rightly mentioned they are from different categories both in terms of size and price, hence I term it as an upgrade. Still I will try to write down the differences.

driving posture - Much relaxed in S-Cross. Seats are really good, better under thigh support and a great seat height adjust travel. You can get both the low sung as well as suv like driving position. The major plus point it steering adjust(rack and reach) and a dead pedal. Visibility is where ritz trumps as the bonnet is small and you get good judgement of the front.

engine response - Definitely better in S-Cross. The low/top end are better as it has VGT. Engine noise and insulation are all better in s-cross. Well I miss the wild turbo kick of ritz sometimes.

turbo lag - The turbo lag is very much controlled and the acceleration is much linear. The engine is not at all sluggish in lower gears and pulls effortlessly with full load as well.

handling and dynamics - No comparison here. S-Cross beats ritz hands down. No body roll. Handling is somewhere close to swift, crisp and direct for an EPS. The aerodynamic body and nicely tuned suspension is good enough for fast cornering which you can't think in a ritz. The braking is too good because of all wheel discs.

Apart from these the space(both seating and boot) are better in s-cross. The quality of plastics, the dashboard etc are from a different class and hence the price difference. It's heavier than ritz still has better FE.

What I miss in Ritz?

- Size. It was compact for effortless city drive. You can squeeze it anywhere, parking was a breeze. The internal space was better than some of the costlier cars. With S-cross you get a much bigger car, much more space and a little problem in city traffic. But, that's not at all bothering.

- Abuse friendly. Ritz was the best built car by maruti <10lk. Even the rattles were very less. S-cross just trumps Ritz in that department, but I will wait for the long term report.

To summarize, I would say only a Ritz can replace a ritz. But, upgrades are plenty. After 11k kms in 8 month with S-Cross, I can safely say S-cross is the best on offer from Maruti. If your budget permits, no second thought unless you are looking for other brands.
sou_3749 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 00:24   #1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
As you rightly mentioned they are from different categories both in terms of size and price, hence I term it as an upgrade. Still I will try to write down the differences.
Cool stuff, very helpful! Thanks for your inputs. Its really nice to get insights from someone who has used same product as us and now transitioned to other product and equally happy using it. This should guide to all those who are looking for an upgrade and should provide a direction in what all factors they should consider while exploring other options.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2016 at 07:40.
Old 14th April 2016, 22:40   #1490

Today while coming back from office ABS kicked in at one point and the light remained on after that. There was some "kat kat" sound coming from somewhere near the front wheels aswell. This got me worried as I had a big trip planned starting this Saturday.

The service centre could be approached tomorrow only. I called my local mechanic and he confirmed I can drive back home safely. I remembered reading somewhere earlier that the ABS won't work but the brakes will. So, brought the car back home, put it on jack and went under with a torch. Saw one cable was out from its retainer and was touching the rims from inside while rotating the front left wheel. Put it back and switched on the ignition.

All good! Wanted to be sure so went out for a few kms. No probs! Never felt so relieved. Thought to share the joy these minor achievements bring to us.
Anand.
Old 9th May 2016, 13:31   #1491
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Looking for a replacement for my Wagon R. Was confused between Grand i10, Jazz & Ritz. Ultimately, after much deliberation, zeroed upon Ritz Zxi because of its practicality.

Now when i started speaking to dealers i am getting conflicting views. One dealer says that Ritz was discontinued by Maruti way back in July/August 2015. Another says that he has a July 2015 car in stock but if i want a current batch car, he can get me one in 3 weeks. Am utterly confused. Is the car discontinued or still in production ?
Old 9th May 2016, 14:18   #1492
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Is the car discontinued or still in production ?
The earlier news was that Ritz will be discontinued in favour of Ignis which will be launched during the festival season this year.

Not sure whether Ritz is available for private buyers now, but it is still in production, and is available for taxi buyers.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-styling2.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th May 2016 at 14:44.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 14:28   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Am utterly confused. Is the car discontinued or still in production ?
The Ritz is still very much in production. All of the new cars I have seen are the LDi variants though, registered as a taxi. The Ritz is a solidly built car, but I'd suggest waiting till the Ignis is launched later this year, if possible. Do factor in that the Ritz might get discontinued once the Ignis is launched. So negotiate accordingly with the dealer if you are going ahead with the purchase. I'd prefer waiting 3 weeks and getting one from the new batches rather than going in for a July 15 car from the yard.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 15:08   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Not sure whether Ritz is available for private buyers now, but it is still in production, and is available for taxi buyers.
I heard that too. Ritz is going the old Swift Dzire (Tour) way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Ritz is a solidly built car, but I'd suggest waiting till the Ignis is launched later this year, if possible.
Cannot wait till Sep/Oct for Ignis. Need a replacement immediately. Easy ingress & egress in the car is one of the major deal-breakers in my case. Apart from another Wagon R (the current gen is a feeble 3 pot engine as compared to my old 4 cylinder), what other option do i have ?
Old 9th May 2016, 15:17   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ingress & egress in the car is one of the major deal-breakers in my case. Apart from another Wagon R (the current gen is a feeble 3 pot engine as compared to my old 4 cylinder), what other option do i have ?
i10 comes close but if you feel the current WagonR is feeble, just forget about the i10. Apart from the Ritz, there's nothing much else I can think of right now that makes sense at this price point for your requirement.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 15:36   #1496
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Is the car discontinued or still in production ?
Last week had been to a yard for PDI'ing my baleno. I could see a lot of Ritz's almost all of them in black. I inquired with the person in charge and he said that as santro's production has stopped there has been a huge demand for Ritz in the black and yellow taxi market. Looking at those huge numbers of freshly minted ritz's I don't think they have stopped production.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 16:16   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Going by those snaps I doubt the Ignis will have as much headroom as the Ritz. It's sad they're phasing it out though.
Phasing out a stylish car which is selling more than Micra, Bolt, Zest, Liva, Figo, i 10, Aspire and Jazz will be sad and unwise. Ritz is still keeping the competition at bay on the strength of its performance. Let us see what Maruti does for its long list of Ritz buyers.
instead of phasing out a popular car, Maruti, should look into the challenges coming from Grand i10, KUV100 and Kwid, which badly threaten Alto as well as WagonR. these days the consumers do not upgrade themselves in defined steps. a time may come when an Alto user may upgrade himself to KUV100 or other new car, instead of going for WagonR. who knows what else is coming for Maruti from the unknown quarters.
shobhitk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 15:11   #1498

Quote:
Hi Guys,

One dealer says that Ritz was discontinued by Maruti way back in July/August 2015.
I got my Ritz delivered in november 2015 and according to the VIN number the car was produced in october 2015 .When I ordered the car there was some news of maruti rolling out a new splash Ritz in 2016. But I was in no mood to wait that long .Also I doubt weather maruti would stop production of Ritz as it still sells somewhere around 1500-2500 units per month which is still a healthy figure.
Old 19th May 2016, 15:45   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam084 View Post
When I ordered the car there was some news of maruti rolling out a new splash Ritz in 2016. Also I doubt weather maruti would stop production of Ritz as it still sells somewhere around 1500-2500 units per month which is still a healthy figure.
Congrats on your recent purchase , we own a Maruti Ritz VXI in grey shade! Maruti Suzuki may discontinue the Ritz as reports suggest that Maruti Suzuki may replace the Ritz with the Ignis. I guess that the majority of the sales is from the taxi department, the number of Ritz with yellow board in Chennai is ever-growing.
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki, the largest passenger vehicle in the country, with an estimated monthly sales of 1500 units of Ritz, plans to discontinue its production and replace it with the all new compact car Ignis.
Link: http://www.indiainfoline.com/article...0800443_1.html
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:18   #1500
BHPian

How long does the Brake Show and Brake Pads generally last on the Ritz
I have given my car for 50k kms servicing today
Have asked them to replace the brake fluid and the gear oil.
Just wanted to know if I need to get the pads replaced as well.

I understand its a wear n tear item but a ballpark figure would be helpful

Last edited by InControl : 23rd May 2016 at 16:19. Reason: Typo:Corrected

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks