Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2016, 10:28   #1516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Surprised to see Ritz with 4K+ numbers. Is it because of any face-lift?
Isn't Ritz being sold to taxi operators under Ritz LDi 'TOUR'?

Off late I am seeing a lot of these here in Hyderabad.
Old 10th July 2016, 20:35   #1517
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

The sudden surge in ritz' numbers may be either because:

1. Maruti may be stocking up ritz before it eventually goes out-of-production when ignis is launched, or
2. Maruti might have over-produced ritz when other higher models could not be manufactured because of the fire at subros.
Old 10th July 2016, 21:13   #1518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't Ritz being sold to taxi operators under Ritz LDi 'TOUR'?

Off late I am seeing a lot of these here in Hyderabad.
At least in their website there is no mention about a "Tour" edition.
Old 11th July 2016, 08:57   #1519
BHPian

This is just the Ritz Lxi and Ldi variants being supplied to the cab market.
Maruti is aggressively promoting these 2 variants through the dealers, and hence the higher number of dispatches.
Old 11th July 2016, 09:22   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I have only used the OEM and the Bosch ones
Not very happy with the Bosch ones, less effective and makes swiping sounds-- maybe i just need to get it tightened or something
I installed the curvo from hella range shelling out close to 1200 bucks for my ritz zxi just before the monsoon hoping for a better sweep and streak free operation. but it barely lasted a month into the rains. Makes lots of streaky sound and more foggy, smeary and smudgy leaving night drives a horrendous nightmare. I could only get 21 inch driver side and 16 inch passenger side with the curvo although the stock length is 22/16 inch.
The bosch eco wiper(400 a pair), prior to hella curvo was good only thing it had to changed often. This fancy stuff is way too misguided and misrepresented in its job, the passenger side wiper don't even touch the wind screen at some point of the sweep, and driver side sweep up clear and the sweep down leaves a opaque screen. I have cleaned the wind screen and wiper with everything I have been advised as a remedy, yet to buy this and give it a shot.
sulivan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:48   #1521
BANNED

Source: https://m.cartrade.com/car-bike-news...ne-132189.html

'...increase in Ritz sales is primarily due to more demand from the commercial users as the Wagon R is no longer officially available for commercial usage.'

Now, that's a news. Why wagon r is not available for commercial use? And doesn't that mean ritz will continue even after the launch of ignis? I'm sure maruti won't give up the taxi numbers of 4k units.
Old 11th July 2016, 17:25   #1522
Senior - BHPian

My 1.5 year old, 30k old Ritz Zxi performs like a charm. I fell in love with it all over again when last month I drove it down from Kolkata to Bangalore.
Some pics during the trip
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-20160506_170923compressed.jpg
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-20160507_125147compressed.jpg
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-20160507_125553compressed.jpg

After the trip settled in Bangalore

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-20160514_174611compressed.jpg

However, I am still facing an issue with the car. The gear lever when in 4th and sometimes in 3rd vibrates when I am accelerating. There is no issue with the acceleration but the lever vibrates a lot. When I bring it to neutral and slot it to 4 again it doesn't happen anymore. I guess it is the bracket which is the issue as reported by some Swift users. Will need to get it changed under warranty. Any help or views on this forum would be appreciated.

Else the car is brilliant. Did an Ooty trip last weekend. An XUV had to give way to the Ritzy on the 36 hairpin bend road seeing me coming up faster than him on multiple turns behind him.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 11th July 2016 at 17:35.
Altocumulus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 11:28   #1523
BHPian

Any DIY tips to make door panel buttons, steering wheel control buttons illuminated for easy access? Will using small strip of radium type stickers help (which glows in dark)?

Missing illuminated buttons in my ZXI.
Old 13th July 2016, 21:37   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Are you referring to the door locks available or each door or the door lock/unlock buttons and power window switches on the driver side door? The door locks come with a small red sticker by default which reflect when light is shone on them, but are not illuminative in the dark. Radium type stickers are your best best and cheapest alternative for that. I believe the driver door power window switch with auto down is back lit, though this is not the case with the other switches on the driver door. You could probably relate to the position of the other switches from the power window switch.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 14:22   #1525
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was referring power window buttons (mainly co-passenger side, rear seat door controls). No buttons are back lit in Ritz.

Was checking some other thread, looks like easiest DIY fix is radium type stickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Are you referring to the door locks available or each door or the door lock/unlock buttons and power window switches on the driver side door? The door locks come with a small red sticker by default which reflect when light is shone on them, but are not illuminative in the dark. Radium type stickers are your best best and cheapest alternative for that. I believe the driver door power window switch with auto down is back lit, though this is not the case with the other switches on the driver door. You could probably relate to the position of the other switches from the power window switch.
Old 10th September 2016, 20:29   #1526
BANNED

Source: http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...-india-141231/

Ritz production stopped as of now, but may come back as 'Tour' model later.

So, the stage for Ignis is all set.
Old 1st October 2016, 19:20   #1527
BHPian

Today for the first time in 7 years my car had a genuine technical problem but due to smart assistance of Maruti on road service, the problem was solved in one hour. Apparently the relay box had ants inside which choked everything and the power wasnt being fed properly resulting in a failed start sequence. The electrical mechanic immediately identified and solved it by cleaning the relay switches and also resolved a central locking issue pending for a while. I am really glad it worked well . In fact I was cursing myself at one point regarding me holding on to my car and not disposing it off. But now, things look normal and I hope to carry on the journey for some time more before upgrading to an automatic drive. Cheers to Maruti.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 19:34   #1528
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Apparently the relay box had ants inside which choked everything and the power wasnt being fed properly resulting in a failed start sequence.
That's great news but the point that you need to focus is, how did ants come there in that quantity to malfunction the Fuse box.

Trace the path these ants follow and check for their source to eliminate it so that the issue doesn't repeat.
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:36   #1529
BHPian

I will be checking the same soon and updating you as even the mechanic said it's a rare scenario.
Old 12th October 2016, 15:41   #1530
SBR
BHPian

In the last 3 - 4 days, I am facing this peculiar issue with the gear lever. On the highway, when I am downshifting from 5th gear to 4th gear, the gear lever refuses to slot and it gets stuck in between the two gear's (5th & 4th). I have to use force to slot the gear back to 5th and then again try to go back to 4th gear. After 3 - 4 attempts, the gear slots to 4th gear.

There is no problem in other gears at all. After facing this issue, I continued the journey by limiting myself to 4th gear only.

Yet to take it to MASS for a check. The car is still under extended warranty which expires in April 2017.

What could be the problem? Any comments please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks