Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 12:33   #1621
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

The service (yellow) indication in my Ritz VDI ABS started flashing intermittently over the last few weeks. So, took the car to MSM yesterday and got the vehicle diagnosed.

It looks like 2 heater plugs have gone kaput and I've been asked to get them replaced during the next wash visit. Cost per plug - Rs 600/-
Old 19th November 2018, 14:15   #1622
BHPian

Off late I am seeing a lot of action on my speedometer. I have changed the battery recently thinking of resolving the issue but to no avail.The auto-electrician told me to that he needs some more time to diagnose this speedometer. This happens during the first start in the morning. More so now it has started acting even after a 100kms run as well.I dread if any replacements is on the cards

Please see the video in the below link

Old 22nd November 2018, 12:42   #1623
BHPian

I have a 2012 Maruti Ritz VDI ABS, the handbrake light is continuously on in the instrument cluster since the last 3 weeks.

I had taken the car to a nearby FNG, who had cleaned the brake pads and filled brake fluid, the light disappeared following this. 3 days later, the light appeared again, the FNG diagnosed the problem to the ABS unit.

Today, I took the car to Popular Motors, Muvattupuzha, and they diagnosed it as a leak in the ABS unit and has adviced replacement of the same unit. The SA has said the unit is not in stock and they will have to order the same, and the he did not tell me the price of the ABS unit

Any inputs regarding the problem and the solution from fellow BHPians?
Old 22nd November 2018, 15:51   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
I have a 2012 Maruti Ritz VDI ABS, the handbrake light is continuously on in the instrument cluster since the last 3 weeks.

I had taken the car to a nearby FNG, who had cleaned the brake pads and filled brake fluid, the light disappeared following this. 3 days later, the light appeared again, the FNG diagnosed the problem to the ABS unit.

Today, I took the car to Popular Motors, Muvattupuzha, and they diagnosed it as a leak in the ABS unit and has adviced replacement of the same unit. The SA has said the unit is not in stock and they will have to order the same, and the he did not tell me the price of the ABS unit

Any inputs regarding the problem and the solution from fellow BHPians?
I will recommend you show this car to any competent FNG in Muvattupuzha or Kochi. In my case, Popular Muvattupuzha quoted a large sum for turbo replacement and it turns out much much lower with the other garage.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 15:56   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I will recommend you show this car to any competent FNG in Muvattupuzha or Kochi. In my case, Popular Muvattupuzha quoted a large sum for turbo replacement and it turns out much much lower with the other garage.
The SA at Popular later said it was a leak in the rear brake cylinder, which was accordingly replaced.
The total cost for the repair of brakes and an AC repair is estimated to be around Rs.5000.

I have attached a picture showing the replacements done. Final bill is not ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img20181122wa0004.jpg  

Old 29th November 2018, 19:11   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I will recommend you show this car to any competent FNG in Muvattupuzha or Kochi.
The brake light has again turned on in the instrument cluster and most probably the car is leaking brake fluid. This is after spending nearly 4.5k at Popular Service Center. They were not able to repair the issue. I have also given a complaint against the service center on Maruti Website.
Also, they were more interested in repairing the AC than the brakes.
Hence, I am looking for an alternate place to fix the issue. Do you know any reliable FNG in and around Muvattupuzha?
Old 30th November 2018, 07:45   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
The brake light has again turned on in the instrument cluster and most probably the car is leaking brake fluid. This is after spending nearly 4.5k at Popular Service Center. They were not able to repair the issue. I have also given a complaint against the service center on Maruti Website.
Also, they were more interested in repairing the AC than the brakes.
Hence, I am looking for an alternate place to fix the issue. Do you know any reliable FNG in and around Muvattupuzha?
I have sent an email about the FNG garage. You can check with your contacts for better Maruti workshops who are specialized in these problems. I will also recommend you show the car to JAWAN Automobiles, which is a Maruti Authorized Service Centre, before moving with the other garage.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 10:13   #1628
BHPian

Wanted to share with fellow BHP'ians my joy of reaching the below milestone in my 6 Yrs. of Ritz Ownership. My Ritzy has been mostly reliable and fuss-free. Just some niggling issues cropping up recently in Front and Rear suspensions causing some rumbling on Speed Breakers and rough roads. Treated my Ritzy with Wash n Wax Treatment at Aquatint on reaching this special milestone. Will be looking for a replacement to my Ritz sometime in 2nd half of 2019. Lets see if i touch the 1L Kms mark by then. Here are few snaps of my Ritzy post Wash n Wax.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20181202_212044.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20181128_165804.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20181128_165815.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20181128_165747.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20181128_165738.jpg  

abhi3284 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 14:54   #1629
BANNED

I'm planning to install Bosch Symphony or Roots Windtone in my Ritz ZDi.

1. Does Ritz needs a relay? (a mechanic told me Ritz is having horn relay)

2. Is there space in the engine bay to secure these two horns?

Last edited by mithun : 30th December 2018 at 15:12.
Old 17th January 2019, 12:03   #1630
BHPian

So, the ODO in my 6.5 years old Ritz VDi ABS stands at 60K.

These are the issues in the vehicle.

a) Too much smoke at stand-still. The smell is intolerable when dad enters (or) exits the porch.
b) The entire cabin shakes when driven over potholes (or) uneven surfaces. The ride is literally bone jarring. The tyres Continental MC5 195/60 R15 are an year old and the tyre pressure that I maintain is 30psi.

Can experts please provide your valuable suggestions on how to get the above issues rectified?
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:28   #1631
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
So, the ODO in my 6.5 years old Ritz VDi ABS stands at 60K.

These are the issues in the vehicle.

a) Too much smoke at stand-still. The smell is intolerable when dad enters (or) exits the porch.
b) The entire cabin shakes when driven over potholes (or) uneven surfaces. The ride is literally bone jarring. The tyres Continental MC5 195/60 R15 are an year old and the tyre pressure that I maintain is 30psi.

Can experts please provide your valuable suggestions on how to get the above issues rectified?
1. Get a PUC check done from a reliable outlet. If it fails, got to MASS

2. Check the suspension
Old 12th April 2019, 14:59   #1632
BHPian

I have a 2012 65000km run Ritz Diesel. Its due for the yearly service. But the car has run only 2000kms last year and will be running the same this year too.

I had replaced the ABS unit after it started leaking brake fluid, and the entire brake systems were checked and cleaned, 2 months back. The AC was also serviced then.

Will only engine oil change be enough? There are no issues with the car. I plan to use 15W40 mineral oil. Is there anything else I need to look into? Do I need to look into things like EGR cleaning, gear oil, fuel filter, considering the low running of the car?
Old 17th November 2020, 13:12   #1633
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. I started noticing ABS check light on my speedo after I gave my car for a wash the previous day. As I was out of my hometown and no MASS was found nearby, I drove back to my house without having a check. The breaks are working fine. Anyone please let me know what might be the possible issues. Have to take my car to MASS this weekend.
Old 30th November 2020, 16:47   #1634
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishJ View Post
Bumping up an old thread. I started noticing ABS check light on my speedo after I gave my car for a wash the previous day. As I was out of my hometown and no MASS was found nearby, I drove back to my house without having a check. The breaks are working fine. Anyone please let me know what might be the possible issues. Have to take my car to MASS this weekend.
Most probably...it would be a faulty ABS sensor.
Old 30th November 2020, 23:19   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Most probably...it would be a faulty ABS sensor.
Went for a diagnosis to my nearby MASS and they found the culprit to be front left ABS circuit. When inspected, it was found the sensor wire was damaged and was replaced immediately. Issue solved after that. Ritz is back to action.

Most Viewed