Team-BHP - the wait is over - Swift VXi ABS ( White ).
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   the wait is over - Swift VXi ABS ( White ). (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/58329-wait-over-swift-vxi-abs-white.html)

May 7th 2009 will be a day to remember. I got my ride that day. I was quite excited and drove for ~ 100 Kms

in the first three hours of getting my vehicle. But life wasn't great waiting for 47 days of waiting period.

Now, the flash back. I decided to buy a car sometime in Dec 08. Narrowed down to hatch backs ( I love small

cars ; they look trendy and they are fun to drive around ... and easier to park too :) ). I love the looks of cars

and that was an important factor in buying a car. So the cars that were in focus were Swift, i20 and Fabia.

Fabia and i20, each is an amazing vehicle from the inside. The interiors are great in both these cars. But then,

they are price quite high too. So I narrowed down to Swift.

I had to decide on the model now - LXi was out of the question. no power windows at the back and no ABS !.

So my choice was to go for either an VXi ABS or a ZXi. ZXi was a 80 grand more with a bunch of features
Alloy wheels - even by the most charitable disposition, crappy.
Integrated music system - ditto for this one too.
Rear window demistifier - a nice to have feature.
Driver seat level adjuster - can live without it.
spoiler - can get a better one for 5 grand.

Now then, that leaves me with wanting VXi - ABS. Add in 50 grand to that and I should have a good car. I

enquired abt the waiting period in Jan and was delighted that I would get my vehicle in 7 days as the

economy was under recession. For once, I like recession :-).

I sorted things out , talk to the bank and given that I am a software engineer, banks were quite eager to lend

me a loan. We decided to sell our 1995 Maruti 800 - that would fetch us 37 K ( price of the car ) + 10 K

exchange bonus. I was promised a 10 K corporate discount too. I booked my

Finally, I decided to book the vehicle on 21st March 09, and much to my dismay, the waiting period was 40

days. oh my god, not now. The days passed by very slowly. But work kept me busy in those times I had hardly

any time to think abt my car.

10 days to go and I wanted to decide on the music system too. Team BHP was a place to start off. I looked at the head units in Team BHP and my prev experience suggested that Pioneer was the brand I'd be looking for. But I had little knowldge on the best speakers for front components and rear co axials. I'd heard to Sony, Pioneer and JBL. I certainly wanted to hear to Polk, which most of the Team BHPians consider to be a great speakers. I'd been to a shop in Kormangala, Bangalore and the owner gave me gyaan on head units and speakers. He mostly talked abt the stuff I knew, but couple of his points were top class ( needless to say I didnt know to this detail.) . the owner asked me to listen to the components - Polk and Mutant and the Mutant components completly blew me over. Polk was great, but Mutant was even better.

Last couple of days to go and RNS reduced the corporate discount to meagre 2 K from 10 K. that was the only disappointment in the deal. I had to shell out the remaning and I got the car on 7th May 09.

I am damn excited. Love the way it feels riding this car. Here is the list of add-ons I would love to have

1. Angel eyes with HIDs
2. Stripes on the car.
3. Spoilers and skirts.
4. Alloy wheels.

Will look for more help from BHPians for the addons and other know- hows.

Congratulations. I too took delivery of my White Swift VDi on 29th Apr 2009. Jazz it up with alloys (do read the swift tire upsize thread for help). And do post on what ICE are you finally putting in the car with pics.

congratulations blanc, post some more pics after your ICE is done and do upgrade to better shoes and alloys.CHEERS!!

congrats on the buy !!! what exactly you mean by stripes on the car, if you go by me i will say first upgrade your rubber and alloys then after the other three. i personally don't like the spoiler it spoiles the look but if you want go with the oe style. angel eyes they will make your car look hot.

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your ride!!!

40 Days, is a lot of wait. I was under the assumption that there is hardly any wait period for the Petrol versions. Sometime during April the Guy at Mandovi said, he would hand over the car in about 2 weeks for the Bright Red color.

I guess its the Pearl White that would have delayed, a great color and most certainly my fav.

White Swift + Black Alloys - WOW!!!

How much does it cost to have complete angel eyes kit.

Hey Congrats on your buy.. I also have booked the same vehicle, same time, from same dealer (hope its RNS housr road) :)..but the manager says vehicle is now in transit or what ever and would take 3-4 days to arrive. Can you PM me your details, may be we can bargain and shop accessories together !! I also have around 50k budget for ICE and may be tyre upgrade.:thumbs up

angel eyes starts from 6k and goes upto 9k, and for 7/8k for hid kit so around 16k for the whole kit. these are approximate prices for exact price you can contact gyro as you are in Delhi. or can pm fountainheader he recently bought a set.

Thanks guys !!
Switch, Congratulation on your buy !!

KaranKapoor, I plan to

congrats man! swift looks really nice in white and is easy to pimp also.
angel eyes will cost you around 10k for the assembly and some 8k for HIDs with warranty. cheaper options are also available. try searching your local market for them.

Hey, first of all , sorry for the missing text ... here is the text

Thanks guys !!

Switch,
Congratulations on your buy !!

KaranKapoor,
I plan to have stripes similar to the ones in BMW Mini. It is an accessory provided by Suzuki in UK ... but when I contacted the local dealers, it isn't available here...
It'd be great if someone pointed me to a guy who'd do a good stickering work in Bangalore...

vijaythaker,
thanks pal ... I'll surely upload the pics once I get the installation done... Mutant seems to be the brand I'll look for ,but then , a lil more research will not do any harm ...
By the way, the current music system in my car is my iPhone ... :Shockked:

Whiz,
yeah , you are right .... the delivery was delayed for 2 reasons - White color and ABS ...

mbf2756,
I bought my ride at RNS Yashwantpur, Bangalore ... not sure we can club up for discounts .... none the less, I'd suggest you get the accessories outside ... ( senior BHPians can comment here ) Accessories at Maruti showroom are at a premium price and the choice is limited ...

white_vdi,

thanks for the info ... I'll contact you offline for the angel eyes kit.

By the way, is Angel eyes illegal to use in Bangalore ? please: Can someone help me out with this. I looked into other threads on this topic .... but the ans werent conclusive....

No worries mate.. Even I am planning to get the accessories from outside.. I have gone through quite a few threads and definitely quite confusing.. :D.. Try Infinity/JBL speakers+ Pioneer HU.

Once you are done with your mods, please post the price as well as shop name.

So the white knight finally gets his white steed! Congrats mate and wish you many miles of safe motoring. Good to know that ABS was a criterion during the selection process. Keep us updated with the initial ownership experience.

Swift gets a lil attitude

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevalier_blanc (Post 1469457)
Swift gets a lil attitude

That looks awesome dude, are those stripes decals or paint?